Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I was hearing that its 5 month deal or 1 fight whatever comes up first. Eddie is looking for the fight asap but Bellator is playing games with him
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    With the news that Alvarez will fight one more time for Bellator and the way Lombard bombed in his UFC debut, what are the chances that Alvarez reconsiders signing with the UFC and stays with Bellator?

You have to wonder what effect, if any, Lombard's debut had on Eddie. Obviously they're two different fighters with different styles in two different divisions, but Lombard was a big fish in a small pond just like Eddie and Lombard looked pedestrian.

The same thing could easily happen to Eddie...
    -----

vCash
    If Eddie does sign with the UFC then he should not fight a top guy right away.
    maybe Stout or Melvin G
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yanks19791024 View Post
    If Eddie does sign with the UFC then he should not fight a top guy right away.
    maybe Stout or Melvin G
    Somebody like Tim Boetsch....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    With the news that Alvarez will fight one more time for Bellator and the way Lombard bombed in his UFC debut, what are the chances that Alvarez reconsiders signing with the UFC and stays with Bellator?

You have to wonder what effect, if any, Lombard's debut had on Eddie. Obviously they're two different fighters with different styles in two different divisions, but Lombard was a big fish in a small pond just like Eddie and Lombard looked pedestrian.

The same thing could easily happen to Eddie...
    Different situation, it's not like Lombard got dominated or destroyed like someone Jorge Santiago. He just had a 'brain fart' and didn't engage Tim Boetsch, it was an ugly performance and a very uncharacteristic one because Boetsch couldn't do anything to him. He stuffed all of Boetchs takedowns and everything but failed to put together any combo's. It was a tough lesson for him to learn.

With Eddie, just like Hector, I think he knows he has a great chance at beating anyone. I would love to see him in the UFC. If Eddie fights the way he's capable of he can beat guys like Anthony Pettis.

vCash
    Eddie Alvarez vs. Patricky 'Pitbull' Freire booked for Bellator 76

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post
    Different situation, it's not like Lombard got dominated or destroyed like someone Jorge Santiago. He just had a 'brain fart' and didn't engage Tim Boetsch, it was an ugly performance and a very uncharacteristic one because Boetsch couldn't do anything to him. He stuffed all of Boetchs takedowns and everything but failed to put together any combo's. It was a tough lesson for him to learn.

With Eddie, just like Hector, I think he knows he has a great chance at beating anyone. I would love to see him in the UFC. If Eddie fights the way he's capable of he can beat guys like Anthony Pettis.
    If Alvarez fights Pettis, I don't see it going well for Eddie. He tends to get rocked in every one of his fights and Pettis striking is above anyone he has faced.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks19791024 View Post
    Eddie Alvarez vs. Patricky 'Pitbull' Freire booked for Bellator 76
    That's a good fight, Bellator is playing it smart by not giving Eddie a gimmie fight. If Freire beats him, it gives Freire the recognition as potential top 10 fighter plus it puts Bellator in a better position to sign Alvarez.

Lets face it, Eddie wants a big payday and he's not going to get it if he losses, which means the UFC won't overpay and Bellator's chances all of a sudden get that much better.
    -----

vCash
    Rumor is the UFC has made Eddie an offer.

Word is the contract is good, but not like the one Lombard got.
    -----

vCash
    This guy looked so good to me years ago but I have not seen him fight since he fought Roger Huerta. I hope he is as good now as he was back then.

vCash
    Bjorn Rebney confirms the UFC has made Eddie an offer.

Bellator will now take 2 weeks to decided if they will match it, or let Eddie go.

Source
    -----

vCash
    I would like to see him fight Sanchez,scrap the gomi fight

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    Rumor is the UFC has made Eddie an offer.

Word is the contract is good, but not like the one Lombard got.
    I don't think he's as much of a need as Lombard was to the UFC.

vCash
    They were saying today on sherdog that Bellator is expected to match the offer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    They were saying today on sherdog that Bellator is expected to match the offer.
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHs

vCash
    UFC boss Dana White expects Eddie Alvarez situation to 'get ugly'

LAS VEGAS – When UFC President Dana White isn't willing to speak on a subject, it's a pretty safe assumption things aren't exactly going well.

And so it is with his promotion's ongoing negotiations with former Bellator Fighting Championships lightweight title holder Eddie Alvarez (24-3 MMA, 8-1 BFC).

"I just don't know if I can talk about it," White told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) following Thursday's pre-UFC 155 press conference in Las Vegas. "It's going to get ugly."

As MMAjunkie.com reported earlier this month, Bellator officials are currently in possession of a UFC offer for the coveted free-agent lightweight. At the time, Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney said the company would waive its typical 90-day exclusive negotiating period in hopes of making a decision whether or not to match the offer by the first week of 2013.

"It really becomes for us a mathematical analysis," Rebney said. "We know where we would want to be with Ed, we know what kind of a deal structure would work for Bellator and our partners at Spike TV, and we're just waiting.

"We'd like to keep him, but it will all boil down to the numbers."

Where exactly those numbers stand has yet to be revealed. Former middleweight champion Hector Lombard earlier this year left the promotion and made his UFC debut in July, bringing with him a 25-fight unbeaten streak. Rebney at one point, in published reports, estimated Lombard's UFC deal, including a signing bonus, to be worth a minimum of $700,000 for his debut.

Meanwhile, Alvarez long has been considered one of the top lightweights not in the UFC, along with current Strikeforce champion Gilbert Melendez. In April, Alvarez avenged one of only three losses on his record when he stopped Shinya Aoki with punches in the first round. And in October, in what could prove to be his final Bellator fight, he stopped Patricky "Pitbull" Freire with a head-kick knockout late in the first round.

Alvarez's resume also includes wins over current Bellator featherweight champ Pat Curran in the lone defense of his Bellator lightweight title, as well as Roger Huerta, Josh Neer and Joachim Hansen. But the one criticism has been that he hasn't faced the level of competition the UFC's 155-pound class has to offer.

Whether or not he'll soon get that chance remains a mystery, at least after talking to the UFC boss. But it doesn't sound exactly promising.

"I don't know if I can talk about it," White said. "If I could talk about it, I would. I think it's going to get ugly."

For more on the UFC's and Bellator's upcoming schedules, stay tuned to the MMA Rumors section of the site.
    Going by that reaction, it looks like Bellator matched it.

I'm not sure what the next step is, but I think that if Eddie Alvarez decides not to go back to Bellator, he will have to let the matching period expire.
    -----

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast