Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 26 of 67 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 390 of 1000
  1. #376
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Janesville, WI
    Posts
    6,077
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    We're going to draft Jarvis Jones. He's dropping like a rock.

    He sucks you can run right at him and his head is going to fall off soon. PSD HAS SPOKEN.
    Sounds like PSD is at their Von Miller rants again lol

    ~ * ~ MINISTER OF DEFENSE ~*~

  2. #377
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    87,447
    vCash
    1777
    That's what I said.

    Clueless ****s. One rumor gets started and it spreads like wildfire.

    But they pretend they all saw the same things. No you didn't.

    I'm down at the rec center watchin' folks swim.

  3. #378
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Janesville, WI
    Posts
    6,077
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    That's what I said.

    Clueless ****s. One rumor gets started and it spreads like wildfire.

    But they pretend they all saw the same things. No you didn't.
    Yea, I'm not buying that hype. Jarvis Jones will go in the Top 10 and if he doesn't there's no way he makes it out of the Top 12 period.

    ~ * ~ MINISTER OF DEFENSE ~*~

  4. #379
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    6,866
    vCash
    1500
    The sure fact this is a deep defensive draft makes me think they will look at defense a lot this year. You have strong talent up and down. Namely early while the best RB talents will be there late. The best RB's assuming they are able to rebound and get it straight are Michael Dyer and Marcus Lattimore. They are worth the risk and should be zeroed in on. They need another option even if Green become what they hope they have little depth elsewhere. Starks is injury prone and John Kuhn is no feature back. If they are not looking for a risk they must look early on there is Bernard from NC and Ball from Wis. If they look to go wild card they can look Barner or Wood. Nonetheless the options are bountiful.

    DL depth would be nice. They have some good depth, but really could be deeper. Neal gets hurt too much and another young guy to balance things would be nice. A stud DL would be great to help anchor the D. I like Worthy and Daniel, but they only stretch so far. Wilson's a one sided guy and aids against the run only. So it stands as interesting.

    ILB is a upgrade position. AJ Hawk has really been impressive IMO. He's not the playmaker he was in college, but he is an above average LB IMO who is a mainstay for this D. Bishop is coming back. Smith was iffy. They need another option. Manti T'eo is long gone sadly so look at the depth guys and work from there.

    If Jennings walks or is dealt WR is an obvious hole, but I think he's here to stay.

    OL will be the biggest area I would see. Center is a need. Barclay is impressing if he can hold his own the face of the line shifts. He provides options, but they deffinatly need a little more depth and a better option than EVD as center of the future.

  5. #380
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    17,864
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    If you had to pick one that's you believe is coming out....
    There are a lot of backs on my board. Because our staff is starting to open up to the fact that we might go with a smaller back it opens up the possibilities. One key attribute that I believe we will stick with is someone that can fight for extra yards. So were not going to get a scat back.

    One of my personal favorites in this draft is Le'Veon Bell, big back but he's got a lot of quickness to his game. And surprisingly he's got IMO some of the best vision out of the backs in this draft. Good blocker and receiver out of the backfield.

    Lacy has been talked about a lot. Personally, I think he's only a 2 down back. Not saying he's going to be a bad back, I just think we might want a guy that can to it all.

    I think everyone knows I really like Andre Ellington. I think he'd bring a new type of running style to the Packers. Similar to the way Cobb runs. Good vision with a little pop to the end of his runs. Only thing with him is he's not a good blocker.

    I wouldn't mind Gio at all. I think he belongs on turf. Personally, unless we take a shot at him in the 1st I don't see us getting a chance to take him.

    And of course Monte Ball
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    That's what I said.

    Clueless ****s. One rumor gets started and it spreads like wildfire.

    But they pretend they all saw the same things. No you didn't.
    Yeah I'm not sure about the whole running at him thing. I never really saw much of that on tape. I saw a bunch of inconsistency and for a guy projected top 10 I feel he's overrated because of that. I got him 2nd half of the 1st. (Very similar to where Nick Perry was taken)

  6. #381
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    3,481
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    There are a lot of backs on my board. Because our staff is starting to open up to the fact that we might go with a smaller back it opens up the possibilities. One key attribute that I believe we will stick with is someone that can fight for extra yards. So were not going to get a scat back.

    One of my personal favorites in this draft is Le'Veon Bell, big back but he's got a lot of quickness to his game. And surprisingly he's got IMO some of the best vision out of the backs in this draft. Good blocker and receiver out of the backfield.

    Lacy has been talked about a lot. Personally, I think he's only a 2 down back. Not saying he's going to be a bad back, I just think we might want a guy that can to it all.

    I think everyone knows I really like Andre Ellington. I think he'd bring a new type of running style to the Packers. Similar to the way Cobb runs. Good vision with a little pop to the end of his runs. Only thing with him is he's not a good blocker.

    I wouldn't mind Gio at all. I think he belongs on turf. Personally, unless we take a shot at him in the 1st I don't see us getting a chance to take him.

    And of course Monte Ball
    I worry about Bell's speed he didn't look like he was that fast so I would like to see how he is able to transition to the pros otherwise I agree with what you say good vision has decent movement.

    Ellington I could like he is a fast hard running back with decent vision.

    you maybe right for Lacy being a 2 down back but, honestly I think that is what we need we have enough guys who could be the 3rd down back but, none of them are feature back.

    I worry about Ball. I don't really watch Badger football but, what I do know about him was he was Wisconsin's work horse and I worry about how is body will hold up in the Pros.
    HaHa Clinton-Dix

    Solo Tackles: 9
    Assist Tackles: 3
    Sacks: 1
    Pass Deflects: 2
    Ints:1
    TDs:

  7. #382
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    17,864
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I worry about Bell's speed he didn't look like he was that fast so I would like to see how he is able to transition to the pros otherwise I agree with what you say good vision has decent movement.

    Ellington I could like he is a fast hard running back with decent vision.

    you maybe right for Lacy being a 2 down back but, honestly I think that is what we need we have enough guys who could be the 3rd down back but, none of them are feature back.

    I worry about Ball. I don't really watch Badger football but, what I do know about him was he was Wisconsin's work horse and I worry about how is body will hold up in the Pros.
    Yeah with Bell I got that he's got a slow accelerator. He can get going once he's up to top speed. But that's not to say he doesn't have a hard burst. I do think a lot with him will be determined at the combine. Can he run a decent time? Also I'd like to see him come in at 235. He played at around 250 this year. He looked faster in 2011, so I really think if he drops some weight that would help his chances.

  8. #383
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    3,481
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    Yeah with Bell I got that he's got a slow accelerator. He can get going once he's up to top speed. But that's not to say he doesn't have a hard burst. I do think a lot with him will be determined at the combine. Can he run a decent time? Also I'd like to see him come in at 235. He played at around 250 this year. He looked faster in 2011, so I really think if he drops some weight that would help his chances.
    True still early on all these guys we will get a better view on everyone when the senior bowls, combine, and prodays start coming around
    HaHa Clinton-Dix

    Solo Tackles: 9
    Assist Tackles: 3
    Sacks: 1
    Pass Deflects: 2
    Ints:1
    TDs:

  9. #384
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,571
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    The sure fact this is a deep defensive draft makes me think they will look at defense a lot this year. You have strong talent up and down. Namely early while the best RB talents will be there late. The best RB's assuming they are able to rebound and get it straight are Michael Dyer and Marcus Lattimore. They are worth the risk and should be zeroed in on. They need another option even if Green become what they hope they have little depth elsewhere. Starks is injury prone and John Kuhn is no feature back. If they are not looking for a risk they must look early on there is Bernard from NC and Ball from Wis. If they look to go wild card they can look Barner or Wood. Nonetheless the options are bountiful.

    DL depth would be nice. They have some good depth, but really could be deeper. Neal gets hurt too much and another young guy to balance things would be nice. A stud DL would be great to help anchor the D. I like Worthy and Daniel, but they only stretch so far. Wilson's a one sided guy and aids against the run only. So it stands as interesting.

    ILB is a upgrade position. AJ Hawk has really been impressive IMO. He's not the playmaker he was in college, but he is an above average LB IMO who is a mainstay for this D. Bishop is coming back. Smith was iffy. They need another option. Manti T'eo is long gone sadly so look at the depth guys and work from there.

    If Jennings walks or is dealt WR is an obvious hole, but I think he's here to stay.

    OL will be the biggest area I would see. Center is a need. Barclay is impressing if he can hold his own the face of the line shifts. He provides options, but they deffinatly need a little more depth and a better option than EVD as center of the future.
    I agree and disagree with you to an extent here. Unless we cut Hawk or something, then I think we either need to go ILB early or not at all. We need a guy who's a playmaker at that position. We need someone like a Te'o (even though like you said he'll most likely be long gone.) who is a playmaker and a real impact guy. I don't really think it pays to look at depth guys later in the draft because we do have guys like Smith and even Brad Jones has looked solid at ILB. So for me, its either a first or second rounder or no ILB at all.

    And like I've said a couple times, I'm not sure OL depth is that huge of need. EDS isn't a horrible backup interior lineman. Assuming Bulaga and Sherrod both come back healthy, then Barclay and whoever loses the battle between Newhouse and Sherrod make for very good tackle depth. So basically your only real OL need is center of the future.

  10. #385
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    6,866
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I agree and disagree with you to an extent here. Unless we cut Hawk or something, then I think we either need to go ILB early or not at all. We need a guy who's a playmaker at that position. We need someone like a Te'o (even though like you said he'll most likely be long gone.) who is a playmaker and a real impact guy. I don't really think it pays to look at depth guys later in the draft because we do have guys like Smith and even Brad Jones has looked solid at ILB. So for me, its either a first or second rounder or no ILB at all.

    And like I've said a couple times, I'm not sure OL depth is that huge of need. EDS isn't a horrible backup interior lineman. Assuming Bulaga and Sherrod both come back healthy, then Barclay and whoever loses the battle between Newhouse and Sherrod make for very good tackle depth. So basically your only real OL need is center of the future.
    I love to nab Te'o, but he's a guy who probably land in the top 15 and asside from him I would say the rest are depth guys no impact guys. So it wouldn't matter who else you take unless his name is Te'o.

  11. #386
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    17,864
    vCash
    1500
    What positions do you guys think we'll need to address in the draft?

  12. #387
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    381
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    What positions do you guys think we'll need to address in the draft?
    I'd like to see RB, DL, C, S, and even another OLB but a pure speed rusher to mix it up from Perry and spell the starters at times.

  13. #388
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    20,337
    vCash
    500
    Can't wait to watch Barrett Jones and Eddie Lacey tonight. Those are two guys i wouldn't mind having on the team



  14. #389
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    87,447
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post
    Can't wait to watch Barrett Jones and Eddie Lacey tonight. Those are two guys i wouldn't mind having on the team
    **** Barrett Jones

    I'm down at the rec center watchin' folks swim.

  15. #390
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    20,337
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    **** Barrett Jones
    Got beef? Make a sandwich



Page 26 of 67 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •