Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 67 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    He'd have to RS and then play the year after. I don't see the point.
    He has already had a RS year i thought? That's what they were talking about when he got injured.
    My 2014 Adopted Packer: Blow Job Raji

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post
    He has already had a RS year i thought? That's what they were talking about when he go injured.
    Nah he never redshirted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.

Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

vCash
    Nah he never redshirted.
    Oh i guess they were talking about him RS next year then. I just don't see him going anywhere near the top 4 if he declares this year. Way to many questions on his knees to even risk it really.

vCash
    Oh i guess they were talking about him RS next year then. I just don't see him going anywhere near the top 4 if he declares this year. Way to many questions on his knees to even risk it really.
    Who cares?

If he returns he sits for 2 more years. 23 year old rookie RB who has some major injuries. Don't see him going much higher anyways. Even if let's say he went late 2 after he came back.

Here's what Hayward's getting this year.

Here's Moses. 391,166

Okay so even as a UDFA he has two years at 390k he wouldn't get in college. It basically would even itself out

vCash
    Who cares?

If he returns he sits for 2 more years. 23 year old rookie RB who has some major injuries. Don't see him going much higher anyways. Even if let's say he went late 2 after he came back.

Here's Moses. 391,166

Okay so even as a UDFA he has two years at 390k he wouldn't get in college. It basically would even itself out
    True. At this point i don't think it matters cause no team is going to trust his knees enough to take him that early.

vCash
    True. At this point i don't think it matters cause no team is going to trust his knees enough to take him that early.
    You'd sure think that'd be true.

vCash
    Who cares?

Here's Moses. 391,166

But someone would have to be willing to sit on him for 2 years for the chance he may come back. If he were to come out right now, there's a chance no one even signs him, which kind of defeats the purpose of coming out and making the UDFA money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    But someone would have to be willing to sit on him for 2 years for the chance he may come back. If he were to come out right now, there's a chance no one even signs him, which kind of defeats the purpose of coming out and making the UDFA money.
    If he declares, he will know whether or not he's going to make a team.

Even as a UDFA, there's no reason I don't UDFA that kid. Put him straight on PUP and then IR him for 390k. Why the heck not?

If that next year he can't play...he can't play.

Going back to school isn't going to change that.

vCash
    I know this is a completely different person, but there was a player out of Wisconsin some years back that was considered a fairly high pick and then he got injured and it would take a year to heal. He got drafted in the 4th round. I'll try to find the name...

CB Jack Ikegwuonu
    Last edited by wissportsfan; 12-02-2012 at 08:23 PM. Reason: wrong info

vCash
    Didn't essentially the same thing happen to O'Brien Schofeild? He got hurt in the Senior Bowl I think and he sat out a year. But for me, this is a different situation because of the type of injury. If its an acl or something that the medical staff is used to, then they kind of have an idea that he should be able to make a full recovery. This is one of those injuries where you don't really know that.

I understand what you're saying norm, that it couldn't hurt, but I'm still a fan of going back to school. I guess I don't have a great explanation, but I feel like it might be easier to get phased out in the pros. Lets say he comes back in a year and lacks some explosiveness right away, someone might just give up on him and he may never play again. In college, they will give him every oppurtunity to regain his previous form, which may not happen in the nfl, especially since the team has virtually nothing invested in him.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 12-02-2012 at 08:32 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    I know this is a completely different person, but there was a player out of Wisconsin some years back that was considered a fairly high pick and then he got injured and it would take a year to heal. He got drafted in the 4th round. I'll try to find the name...

CB Jack Ikegwuonu
    Ahhh. Didn't make it though I think. But definitely not a kid as talented as Lattimore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post

CB Jack Ikegwuonu
    the playstation bandit !!! lol

vCash
    I have no doubts someone takes a flier on Lattimore whether its in the draft or as a UDFA. Personally I think he gets drafted. I mean hell Willis McGahee had the same injury and was taken first round, not saying lattimore will but, what would it hurt to take some kind of flier on the kid
    Eddie Lacy

Carries:284
    Yards: 1178
    Yards/Game: 78.5
    Average: 4.1
    Touchdowns: 11
    Catches: 35
    Yards: 257

vCash
    Id be all for taking Lattimore in a mid round, he reminds me alot of Willis McGahee and the injury he had. I think that would be a good value if he indeed comes out. I think the 3rd is to early for Mathieu, he is really small and will almost have to be a corner. Not playing a year and being such a dumb guy makes him a late round pick in my mind 5th or later.

vCash
    I really hope Lattimore comes back, but I'd really be hesitant to take him early.

Page 23 of 67 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast