Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 67 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Couple guys on your list I gotta ask you about Jay. Joseph Fauria, what do you see in him besides his intangible size? And then also Robert Lester, what do you like about him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    I really wish Rambo didn't get that suspension, everytime I see him, I really see a good S.
    because of this he could be a good value, just a risk off the field

vCash
    Obviously, I love Fauria's size most but from what I've read he's improved his blocking a ton. He has 11 tds this year and averages about 14 yards a catch so that tells me he is athletic. His uncle was a decent tight end and playing at UCLA should mean he is a smart guy.

I have to admit I haven't scene much of Alabama this year but last year I thought Lester was a beast in the couple games I watched. I was more impressed with him than Mark Barron who has been great in Tampa this year. He has decent size and in the couple places I've looked he has been a 2nd or 3rd round projection. We have pretty good depth a safety and don't need one early, one of those guys I like but we don't need.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jay87shot View Post
    Obviously, I love Fauria's size most but from what I've read he's improved his blocking a ton. He has 11 tds this year and averages about 14 yards a catch so that tells me he is athletic. His uncle was a decent tight end and playing at UCLA should mean he is a smart guy.

I have to admit I haven't scene much of Alabama this year but last year I thought Lester was a beast in the couple games I watched. I was more impressed with him than Mark Barron who has been great in Tampa this year. He has decent size and in the couple places I've looked he has been a 2nd or 3rd round projection. We have pretty good depth a safety and don't need one early, one of those guys I like but we don't need.
    Fair enough sir, thanks for the reply.

vCash
    Wis tell me what you think of Eddie Lacy. The more and more I see of this kid I just keep falling in love I think at this point he is my man crush if he enters the draft. This guy I think might just make the first round with a strong finish to the season and a good combine and pro day.
    Eddie Lacy

Carries:284
    Yards: 1178
    Yards/Game: 78.5
    Average: 4.1
    Touchdowns: 11
    Catches: 35
    Yards: 257

vCash
    Two Words:
    Tyrann Matthieu

EDIT:
    I also would like long looks at Cierre Wood/Theo Riddick
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

vCash
    wouldnt mind matthieu in the 5th/6th/7th

vCash
    Matthieu is going to go higher than anyone will believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    It would be ****ing dumb for anybody to trade up for a defensive end. How many games did JJ Watt, clearly the best DE in the NFL, win the Texans this year?
    LOL, yeah, if I ever finish my time machine I'll make sure not to go back and trade up for Watt. That would be a terrible idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Wis tell me what you think of Eddie Lacy. The more and more I see of this kid I just keep falling in love I think at this point he is my man crush if he enters the draft. This guy I think might just make the first round with a strong finish to the season and a good combine and pro day.
    This is what I got on him. And I do agree a lot depends on his combine.

Hes a good downhill runner that consistently gets a lot of tough yards. He has a unique combination of elusiveness and power. Hes on the slower end without outstanding breakaway speed. His hands are not reliable. Hes a guy you want in there for short yardage situations. Good in-between the tackles. Runs more stretch plays to the outside, probably because lack of speed. Good balance for a guy his size. First year taking the full load. Good one cut back. Top of the 2nd right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Matthieu is going to go higher than anyone will believe.
    Why do you say that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    I actually meant to put HB, but didn't realize the auto-correct on my phone changed it. Yeah, DB is definitely a position they could ignore Hayward is legit. House is a strong option, Shields is decent. Williams is always strong. Burnett is a star in the making IMO. Jennings and McMillan have been impressive IMO.

It's pretty simple on why OL needs to be addressed. I know they have shown character. However, this OL is no where near perfect and there are few spot that can't be upgraded. Especially C. Saturday has been slow and old looking at times. Not to mention he's no where near long term. LT has been lackluster and Sherrod need to get healthy, but it never hurts to have a back up plan. I have said it a few times Barrett Jones shore up that hole perfectly. He can play all spots so you can plug him in where you need him. Preferably he fills in at center giving the Packers presumably on paper a future pro-bowl center. However, he looks as a serviceable player outside of the spot as well if Sherrod can't bounce back. He allows the team to have flexibility if someone like Bulaga goes down. They need to get a group to stick together for a long run because the best OL's have chemistry and they are together for a while. If Jones comes in stabilizes C and Sherrod is at worst an average option at LT they should be fine.

The reasons why this spot is so crucial is Rodgers with time is unstoppable if his WR's don't drop the ball. If he can have time he can move around and have his timing. If he is able to have time he is able to make throws no one else makes.

HB would be a great spot to fix because Benson is a short term option and we already have the good complementary backs. However, no feature guys. If they can run the ball it only creates doubt. With doubt the Packers have a surprise. They are not one dimensional and the passing game is only better. Its not question a major need.

I would be looking at Montee Ball extensively. He could develop into a Ahman Green type player IMO. Kenjon Barner offers run and pass abilities as well. Stefon Taylor and Ray Graham are also good options to look at as well. I would also look at Graham Pocic and Khalid Homes at center as well.

Another defensive talent I would be willing to take even though he wont be there is Star Lotutlelei.
    I wholeheartedly agree with you. I honestly think that EDS is our center of the future, but doesn't necessarily have to be. He looks fine at guard as well. As far as our line in general. Saturday is a has been and must be replaced. The play of Sitton and Lang on the inside is not as good as it has been. I think none other than Wells not being there next to them is part of the problem. Personally I still make the move of Bulaga to LT, unless we luck out and draft one early in the first round. Then let Sherrod, Newhouse, possibly Lang if we get a G early in the draft, and even possibly a early round tackle then battle it out at RT. I give Lang and Sitton one more year, but they both must perform better with the remainder of this year and probably next. Neither has played up the the pay raises that they have received. I would not be shocked at all to see us grab 3 lineman in this years draft. I also look at making blocking revisions. We just make our running plays look so hard.
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    Why do you say that?
    Just think he will. He's an only takes one guy, not sure who but I could see someone falling in love if he can sell the interviews. Tape's too good. Still not sure where you play him but this league is getting better and better at not trying to stick everyone in a box.

Second rounder I think. Early third at the latest.

All this 6th round talk makes me chuckle.

On the inverse, not that Lattimore is coming out, everyone is saying 3rd and I'm thinking 4 if not 5. Leaning more to 5.

It would be ****ing dumb for anybody to trade up for a defensive end. How many games did JJ Watt, clearly the best DE in the NFL, win the Texans this year?
    LOL, yeah, if I ever finish my time machine I'll make sure not to go back and trade up for Watt. That would be a terrible idea.

vCash
    Matthieu is like Janoris Jenkins of last years draft. Somebody will take a chance on him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post
    Matthieu is like Janoris Jenkins of last years draft. Somebody will take a chance on him
    It's far worse but yes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's far worse but yes.
    Yeah i know Jenkins played his last year and Matthieu hasn't but they both are talented, both had off field issues and a team still took a chance on him like i think they will with Matthieu. I think Matthieu will have to have a great combine/workouts in order to get picked high though.

vCash
    Hey guys Pats fan checking in. Just wanted to get your opinion on an idea I had for you guys since defensively you're in a very similiar position as the Pats. The truth is that neither team can stop opposing qb's and they aren't getting enough pressure on the QB. There are a couple of guys I have been watching closely and think will be studs in the future and wanted to give you guys a little insight on them and see what you thought. I always find it important to have the opinions of another teams fans when looking at draft prospects or just players in general. That being said here ya go.

Ezekiel Ansah BYU- Big rangy DE that has produced at an extremely high level this year. He has been a nightmare all year for Brigham-Youngs defense. Hes posted 4.5 sacks so far ( not eye popping) but has drawn quite a few holding penalties in games I've watched. Although not getting the sack every time he has put constant pressure snap after snap which is more important than just pure sack numbers. He's had 13.0 tackles for loss and at times has looked unblockable. He is being billed as this years version of Chandler Jones/ Justin Pierre Paul/ Aldon Smith. He is extremely athletic and is in I believe only his 3rd full year of football after switching over from track. Needs some work on his technique but with poper coaching has HUGE upside as a 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB possibly.

Damontre Moore TX A&M- Another big DE that has dominated SEC competition this year logging 20.0 tackles for loss and 12.5 sacks. He has been every bit as good as he seems this year and has routinely blown through elite linemen in the SEC. He is an excellent pure pass rusher at this point and also would need some work on his run defending. But as a project pick you can do much worse then a 20 TFL and 12.5 sack guy.

Matt Elam FLA- strong, fast, agile, smart, and instinctive have to be the words to describe this kid. He's a playmaking, ball-hawking safety that makes plays all over the field. He can deliver a pop in the run game and drop into zone effortlessly and pat or pick passes in an instant. He reminds me of a young Polamalu minus the hair.

EJ Gaines MIZZ- a fiery 5'10 CB that plays alot bigger than advertised. He is a great playmaker and always seems to be around the ball. He has an uncanny knack for defending passes. He doesn't neccesarily always get the int numbers but he's not thrown at all that often giving him less chances. It can only help that he goes up against uber freshman and my current pick to win next years biletnikoff award for best college receiver in Dorial Green-Beckham. He's quite solid in run defense and can play both man and zone coverage quite comfortably.

Just some guys you may or may not have heard of and wanted to hear what another team ( especially one whose situation is so similiar to my own favorite teams). Let me know what ya think fellas. I look forward to hearing your feedback

Page 20 of 67 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast