Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    You know we need a guy who can be a grinder I think when healthy Starks is a great option and Green is coming along. We don't need the big stud back especially since our passing is so dominant. I think we need new personnel on the OL more than new backs. If they can get a versatile guy like what Tony Fisher brought I think the backs mesh well.
    This might sound greedy IRNMN but I have to disagree. A good back is what's going to separate this team. Right now we got average to below average backs and it's just not working, defenses are just sitting back waiting for us to throw the ball. I'd rather have a versatile offense than a versatile back.

vCash
    if sherrod goes on IR it will be like we have 3 first round draft picks next year.....kinda

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tram0n man View Post
    if sherrod goes on IR it will be like we have 3 first round draft picks next year.....kinda
    Way to look on the bright side!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    This might sound greedy IRNMN but I have to disagree. A good back is what's going to separate this team. Right now we got average to below average backs and it's just not working, defenses are just sitting back waiting for us to throw the ball. I'd rather have a versatile offense than a versatile back.
    I have to agree with you. I used to think that our OL more responsible for our lack of running game than the RBs, but watching Cobb explode through some of the small holes the OL creates for big gains, makes me think we really do need a RB that can make things happen. Not convinced that Green and Starks are the guys but I do think Green potentiallycould be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hitek View Post
    I have to agree with you. I used to think that our OL more responsible for our lack of running game than the RBs, but watching Cobb explode through some of the small holes the OL creates for big gains, makes me think we really do need a RB that can make things happen. Not convinced that Green and Starks are the guys but I do think Green potentiallycould be.
    Bingo.

vCash
    Giovani Bernard.

Boom

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chucky Woods View Post
    Giovani Bernard.

Boom
    Yes please

vCash
    Alright I start looking through some names for running backs and I found one that I kind of like. I haven't looked at Giovani Bernard so I can't say how I feel about him yet. I don't know if anyone has mentioned him yet chances are he won't come out this year he will go back to school for another year but, Eddie Lacy from Alabama.

The kid has decent speed and is basically a bowling ball you have to wrap him up and take him down to tackle him. He has decent vision in the game highlights I watched. He is also good in pass pro and receiving. I think he would be a good fit in our system but would be more of a mid round back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BodFlkOqog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdnJF6zk01c
    HaHa Clinton-Dix

Solo Tackles: 30
    Assist Tackles: 5
    Sacks: 1
    Pass Deflects: 3
    Ints:1
    TDs:

vCash
    Lacy's probably my second favorite back for us right now. I think we discussed him, may have been another website. But yeah, like that kid a bunch. He's probably what we need more than my boy honestly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Lacy's probably my second favorite back for us right now. I think we discussed him, may have been another website. But yeah, like that kid a bunch. He's probably what we need more than my boy honestly.
    He kind of reminds me of Kuhn in a way where he is always leaving his feet for some reason where it is jumping over his line for the touchdown or jumping over defenders for a few extra yards lol

I didn't go back through the thread so yeah you guys probably could have talked about him
    HaHa Clinton-Dix

TDs:

vCash
    I think I have found my 2 fav running backs that could be coming out this draft first was Eddy Lacy which I stated above and than the other back that I found that I like but, he is a junior and could stay another year is Joseph Randle. He just is an explosive runner has good speed and is not afraid of contact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRY5wqDxNJE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP6HOgvHjDg
    HaHa Clinton-Dix

TDs:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I think I have found my 2 fav running backs that could be coming out this draft first was Eddy Lacy which I stated above and than the other back that I found that I like but, he is a junior and could stay another year is Joseph Randle. He just is an explosive runner has good speed and is not afraid of contact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRY5wqDxNJE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP6HOgvHjDg
    In regards to Randle, I'm not a huge fan of him, but I will say this he really improved from 2011 to 2012. I did a report on him last year. Had him nothing more than a guy maybe in the 4th round. Looked at him this year and it was like I was looking at two different players. I'm still not super high on the guy but the fact that he improved that much is a good sign.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    In regards to Randle, I'm not a huge fan of him, but I will say this he really improved from 2011 to 2012. I did a report on him last year. Had him nothing more than a guy maybe in the 4th round. Looked at him this year and it was like I was looking at two different players. I'm still not super high on the guy but the fact that he improved that much is a good sign.
    I never looked at him last year I usually don't go find stuff on a player until they are eligible for the draft but, man those game highlights he looks like a solid runner. I really hate comparing players but, he does seem like a Starks type back without the injuries and maybe a little more talent. He runs hard I think it was in the texas game where he leveled a DB I am not saying he is a first day pick but I could see maybe a late 2nd to early 4th for him
    HaHa Clinton-Dix

TDs:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I never looked at him last year I usually don't go find stuff on a player until they are eligible for the draft but, man those game highlights he looks like a solid runner. I really hate comparing players but, he does seem like a Starks type back without the injuries and maybe a little more talent. He runs hard I think it was in the texas game where he leveled a DB I am not saying he is a first day pick but I could see maybe a late 2nd to early 4th for him
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65s2n9aAc8w

Watch that game and maybe you'll see a glimpse of what I'm talking about. Looks a lot slower, like he's walking on ice. Just not sure of himself. I think that's the biggest difference from this year to last he's finding the hole and gives a lot more of a burst. I still don't think he's going to burn anyone around the edge but it's an improvement.

vCash
    Yeldon is AP2.

Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast