Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 41 of 67 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Corey Lemonier is a player I will be keeping an eye on come draft day. If he slides into the fourth rd I would love to see GB move up and grab him. He could add great depth behind Matthews and Perry making it unnecessary to keep Walden. He has good size and great physical tools. His production slipped this year or he would of been considered a first rd talent. Have to see what happens but in the mid rds he would be an absolute steal. I would love to have a player like him to develop along with Perry. I think it would be smart to have a backup plan or even just another weapon for Capers. I fully believe Perry will be a great NFL player but it never hurts.
    Mike Daniels #76- 2013 stats/2014 stats
    Games played - 17
    Sacks/Hits/Hurries - 2013 6.5/6/27 2014 -
    Tackles/Stops - 2013- 23/23 2014 - 5/5
    PFF Grade/Run defense/Pass Rush - 2013- 22.4/9.5/12 2014- 2.8/3.7/-1.0
    Run Stop %/Pass Rushing Productivity- 2013- 8.6/9.3 2014- 18.5/0
    PFF 3-4 DE position ranking overall grade - 6th 2014- 7th

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevolu View Post
    I have endless amount of games recorded that I watch but here are some players with a youtube video of them that I think people should check out if you guys got time.

Leon Mcfadden - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7XB2txZm9g
    This is the only game I can find on there. Cb's are hard to watch anyway without coaches tape(Which I don't have) So I mostly leave this position to the experts. You can tell by the video how good he is in man and that he has good instincts. What you don't get to see is how aggressive he is attacking the ball carrier.

Matt Elam - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8AYhBZOLJk
    I'm not going to repeat myself like I have been but I do really enjoy watching this guy play. A bit undersized but some of the best safeties in the NFL are.

Bacarri Rambo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV6oAYWz9vs
    I honestly believed before I sat down and watched tape that he was being overrated simply because his name and the team he played on. He was surrounded by great college players but he was absolutely one of them. Now I believe 100% that he isn't being hyped up enough. I really believe he is a 2nd rd talent.

Jonathan franklin- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqu06Tj9dTw
    If I remember right the game against Nebraska shows a wide range of skills from catching out of the backfield pounding it up the middle and taking it outside. He shows good burst and excellent elusiveness. I'm always amazed when he somehow gets through the smallest holes. Hard to bring down and has surprising power for his size(Good sized back anyway)
    I like Rambo a lot, and I felt similar to about him coming into this year, however after watching him again this year I really think he is the type of punishing defender this D needs. Not to mention he is not bad in pass coverage either.

Elam on the other hand I just don't know. I LOVED (mancrushed) on him before this year and then after watching this year, IDK if it was because I watched him more then the other but it seemed like he missed tackles, I could be wrong.

Franklin I am changing my tune about. I remember the USC game particular and he was just a workhorse. I know he'll never sniff 29 carries in Green and Gold but I'm starting to warm up to him more and more.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by time4change View Post
    I like Rambo a lot, and I felt similar to about him coming into this year, however after watching him again this year I really think he is the type of punishing defender this D needs. Not to mention he is not bad in pass coverage either.

Elam on the other hand I just don't know. I LOVED (mancrushed) on him before this year and then after watching this year, IDK if it was because I watched him more then the other but it seemed like he missed tackles, I could be wrong.

Franklin I am changing my tune about. I remember the USC game particular and he was just a workhorse. I know he'll never sniff 29 carries in Green and Gold but I'm starting to warm up to him more and more.
    Maybe you saw some of Elam's late games. I swear towards the end of the season he just started to go for the big hits and stopped wrapping up. I don't have to big of a problem with it because throughout the year he proved to be a good tackler. As long as he didn't fall back into bad habits while here in Green Bay. I have faith that coaches here would coach him up to know when to just wrap up instead of go for a big hit.
    Games played - 17

vCash
    ^True
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    Sio Moore ILB UConn

Didn't see anything about this kid, before the Shrine Game. Goes to the Shrine game and did great. Injuries happened at the Senior Bowl, and he did good from the minute he put on pads. Really going to pay attention to him at the combine. I think Moore is one of those LBs that this team could use. Seems willing on SPT. I think he could be another versatile guy that might be more suited for the inside, but definitely can play both. But could maybe bring some inside pass rush as well. I've heard his physical strength could hinder him from shedding blockers at the next level. So his strength would have to be gauged. So he may be more suited for a 4-3, but his versatility is intriguing for me.

01/18/2013 - 2013 SHRINE GAME PRACTICE RISERS: 9. OLB Sio Moore, Connecticut (6006, 240 -- East Team)...Moore entered the week as an underrated prospect, but he showed during practice sessions what most already knew: He's a pretty good football player. He was a versatile performer in college with good production as a hybrid linebacker for the Huskies, not looking out of place when asked to play in space against either the run or pass. Even in non-contact drills, Moore's competitive drive and explosive hitting ability were evident, and he will likely earn a top-100 grade from more than a few NFL teams. - Dane Brugler, NFLDraftScout.com
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by time4change View Post

I'm assuming its his bonecrushing hits, but I'm a Rambo fanatic. He can really bring the wood. Was watching some old Super Bowl footage, and sort of forgot how absolute hard Ronnie Lott could hit. Maybe this team could use that. A little attitude back there.
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    Yeah i like Sio Moore. He seems like a good candidate to transition to ILB in a 3-4. His coverage is very good. A bit raw but very athletic with good size.
    Games played - 17

vCash
    Has anybody noticed the size thing TT seems to stand by pretty strongly. I was just looking at ILB for Green Bay. Bishop, Lattimore, Manning, are all 6'2'' 237-238 lbs. Francois is the same Height but weighs a bit more. Hawk and Jones are the only 2 not 6'2'' and they weren't brought in as ILB's. Hawk is 6'1'' and Jones is 6'3'' but every1 but Francois weighs 237-242. Oh I left Smith off this list damn it. He is 5'11'' 239. So I guess my theory just went out the window. I bet we can expect to see players TT drafts to be all in that general area especially in the early-mid rds. I'm sure he saw Smith as such a productive player he had to see what he could do in the NFL.

I guess you can point to the secondary also. I've heard it mentioned before. I believe the magic Height was 5'10'' but out of all the CB's and Safeties on the roster none are shorter than 5'11''.

I think you can pretty safely look at TT's history of drafting players and get a better idea of who he would draft in the first 4 rds or so. I mean it is nearly fact he wouldn't draft a 5'8'' CB.. Just a thought anyway. On a side note Walden is behind Moses on the last depth chart released.
    Games played - 17

vCash
    Margus Hunt - Just got done watching the Hawai'i bowl and WOW. He needs to put on some more weight but IDK what to even say. That guy is BIG and FN fast. I can't believe how fast he is. It is just 1 game but he was absolutely dominant. His first half was insane then it seemed as if he kind of stopped trying. The game was put away but it was a bit concerning. I believe in the first half he had 2 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, and a safety. Part of the dropoff in the second half was the amount of double/triple teams he saw. They were sending everything they had at him. Anyway this has me excited so I'm gonna go see if I have any more SMU games. Probably not but I'm sure Youtube does.

Is PFD always this dead or is it because of the offseason? I'm assuming the latter. Most of the threads are me talking to myself. Hope I don't talk/type to much and annoy people to the point where they just put themselves out of misery.
    Games played - 17

vCash
    Margus Hunt - Just got done watching the Hawai'i bowl and WOW. He needs to put on some more weight but IDK what to even say. That guy is BIG and FN fast. I can't believe how fast he is. It is just 1 game but he was absolutely dominant. His first half was insane then it seemed as if he kind of stopped trying. The game was put away but it was a bit concerning. I believe in the first half he had 2 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, and a safety. Part of the dropoff in the second half was the amount of double/triple teams he saw. They were sending everything they had at him. Anyway this has me excited so I'm gonna go see if I have any more SMU games. Probably not but I'm sure Youtube does.

Is PFD always this dead or is it because of the offseason? I'm assuming the latter. Most of the threads are me talking to myself. Hope I don't talk/type to much and annoy people to the point where they just put themselves out of misery.
    It just always dies during the offseason thats why we try to have draft games and such but, it seems to died even worse this year
    HaHa Clinton-Dix

Solo Tackles: 3
    Assist Tackles: 3
    Sacks: 1
    Pass Deflects: 1
    Ints:
    TDs:

vCash
    I am very impressed with the safety class this year. Man... I'm sure Vaccaro will be gone way before GB picks but both Elam and Rambo have impressed me quite a bit. Swearinger looks pretty good too but I have some big concerns with him being as timid as he is.

Rambo can be a little overaggressive at times but has great instincts and is a big playmaker. Has great size and speed and plays like it on the field. I feel Green Bay and TT will try getting bigger and faster this year and this guy could be some1 they really want and move up and get. This class of safeties is so much better than last year's IMO. Hopefully one of them drops to GB at the end of the third if they don't go with Elam early.
    I might go as far as to say Rambo could replace what we once had with Nick Collins. The ground both of those guys cover in the secondary is phenomenal. Vaccaro is also a very good S and I really like his aggressive nature but I'm afraid of him giving up the big play. Sometimes he can be over aggressive. If he can play within his position with that type of effort, I really like his chances. Although I am with you that we won't get a chance at him.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShowMeThemTDs View Post
    what do you guys think of robert lester at safety? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjvhYLMdfrU
    He's terrible.

It's PSD . I'm usually around but I've been super busy lately. As a whole yeah, the forum dies a bit during the offseason. We still got some pretty intelligent offseason talks though that go on but we don't get a full head of steam probably until around March (fair warning). But not to worry because there is always draft talk going on.

vCash
    I guess there is a lot of discussion about Matt Elam. I like the guy and think he could have a pretty good career but personally I just don't think he fits us. He's a S that needs to be close to the line because of his lack of range. And we need our S to be pretty interchangeable. I like his play. He's an aggressive player that can punish. He's also not bad in coverage. I think his lack of speed doesn't help him that much there, I wouldn't trust him one on one with a receiver. The best comparison I can give for him is Roman Harper.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    He's terrible.
    ok, why make a reply if all you have is "he's terrible". im sure there are alot of players you thought were terrible that have made a name for themselves in the nfl. i can name a **** load of "terrible" players that have gone on to be pretty good. not going to bash you for your opinion but please tell me why you think so. i personally, have not watched him at all..i was just skimming though prospects and thought the one video i found on him looked good. to be honest, i dont think GB goes for a safety at all. i think mcmillian is going to develop just fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShowMeThemTDs View Post
    ok, why make a reply if all you have is "he's terrible". im sure there are alot of players you thought were terrible that have made a name for themselves in the nfl. i can name a **** load of "terrible" players that have gone on to be pretty good. not going to bash you for your opinion but please tell me why you think so. i personally, have not watched him at all..i was just skimming though prospects and thought the one video i found on him looked good. to be honest, i dont think GB goes for a safety at all. i think mcmillian is going to develop just fine.

I second Wis' comment that Lester isn't a very good safety. He will be a late rd pick IMO When I watch him I just don't see how he will fit into the NFL as a safety. He isn't overly physical and doesn't tackle great which makes him less than ideal for playing in the box. Then he isn't really quick and uses poor angles in the open field. Obviously this is only compared to other safeties I have watched tape on this year. Out of every1 I have seen he was the least impressive IMO. I may be wrong but this is what I had wrote down. He could develop, He does have good size and can improve footwork, angles etc. and turn into a quality safety but I just don't see it happening. I'm wrong about most players I watch so take everything I just said with a grain of salt.
    Games played - 17

vCash
    I think we should trade down, in recent mock drafts we get Z.Ertz (you would be in my opinion a bit of a reach) or M.Elam (McMillian, Jennings, Richardson, we got in my opinion enough young safetys)...

But we should wait and see what TT does in the offseason, got some decisions to make (Woodson, Jennings, Hawk, Jones, maybe later the year Rodgers, Matthews and Raji...)

What do you guys think about L.Johnson from Oklahoma State?

Page 41 of 67 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast