Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I really like what I have seen out of Levien Bell. Why don't more people like him?

vCash
    i dont like barrett jones *shrugs* think we should stay away from him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    hey Wis did you get to watch the Alabama-Georgia game the other day? It looked like Barrett Jones was struggling a bit against Georgia's Dline. I know the Commentators pointed it out once in awhile, and it just seemed like he was having to have help more often than not. Do you think it hurt him, and Also Chance Warmack looked pretty good any chance you think he could play C?
    Sorry, I didn't get to see most of that game. I got it on tape and play to watch it. Jones is definitely going to be one of the guys I'll be watching. From little that I've seen of Jones, I haven't been blown away. And if you take a C in the 1st it better be a good one. As far as Warmack he's pretty much strictly G.

Quote Originally Posted by brewerboy View Post
    I really like what I have seen out of Levien Bell. Why don't more people like him?
    I love that guy. Been waiting for someone to mention him. Thing is I think he added some weight this year. He's still a good player but I think in 2011 he was a little quicker.

vCash
    I dont think a center is a guy you need to be blown away by. A center should be a leader, smart, and willing to do anything for his qb, to me Jones meets that standard. A rb in the first (at this point) doesn't make much sense because there isnt alot of distance between the top 5 rb's or so. There will be a good one in the second, I'd rather get a good value in the 2nd then reach in the 1st.

Yeah, Bell will need to lose some weight before the combine. I think a lot of people aren't fans of him because they see guys in spread offenses putting up 6-7 yards a carry. Those guys look great on tape (Alex Green) but when you put the rb behind the qb and the have to find holes they struggle. I think guys like Bell and Montee Ball struggled because there qb's sucked, scouts will recognize that and they shouldn't slide to much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jay87shot View Post
    I dont think a center is a guy you need to be blown away by. A center should be a leader, smart, and willing to do anything for his qb, to me Jones meets that standard. A rb in the first (at this point) doesn't make much sense because there isnt alot of distance between the top 5 rb's or so. There will be a good one in the second, I'd rather get a good value in the 2nd then reach in the 1st.

Yeah, Bell will need to lose some weight before the combine. I think a lot of people aren't fans of him because they see guys in spread offenses putting up 6-7 yards a carry. Those guys look great on tape (Alex Green) but when you put the rb behind the qb and the have to find holes they struggle. I think guys like Bell and Montee Ball struggled because there qb's sucked, scouts will recognize that and they shouldn't slide to much.
    In the 1st round? Yeah for me to take a center in the 1st I need to be blown away. Look at the history of centers in the 1st round. There are some really good ones that have played in the league a very long time. However, the number of centers taken in the 1st are very slim.

vCash
    Thoughts on Christine Michael as a mid-late round pick?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    Thoughts on Christine Michael as a mid-late round pick?
    From what I have seen in just a quick look for him, I wouldn't mind it but, he kind of looks like Alex Green to me. I think he might be quicker than green but, it looked like a lot of the times he went straight down with contact. But, again I just did a quick look.

Right now my man crush is Eddie Lacy so it is hard to look at anyone else unless they blow me away like him lol.
    HaHa Clinton-Dix

Solo Tackles: 33
    Assist Tackles: 10
    Sacks: 1
    Pass Deflects: 3
    Ints:1
    TDs:

vCash
    South Carolina RB Marcus Lattimore will forego his senior season with the Gamecocks and enter the 2013 NFL draft.
    Lattimore drew Earl Campbell comparisons as a 6-foot, 218-power back as a freshman and sophomore before tearing his left ACL in October of 2011. He returned faster than expected in 2012, but was clearly not the same player as a junior and suffered another devastating injury in late October, tearing his right ACL and MCL. Lattimore will be in a similar situation to Willis McGahee in 2003. He is blessed with first-round talent when 100 percent, but may have to sit out the 2013 season. We still expect someone to take a chance on Lattimore on the second day of the draft.

It's official he's declaring.

~ * ~ MINISTER OF DEFENSE ~*~

vCash
    Wonder who will draft him and where he will go. I can see a team taking a chance on him mid round.

vCash
    We should draft Lattimore in like the 5th if he's there.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    I think we need a RB next year. I really liked Lattimore but I think I'll pass because I don't think he'll be ready for the season.

vCash
    I think we need a RB next year. I really liked Lattimore but I think I'll pass because I don't think he'll be ready for the season.
    I agree that we need a RB this year but in all honesty I disagree with passing on him if he's there at the end of the 5th.

The Packers are a team that have the depth in the league to use a pick like that on a player you can stash on the PUP or IR and look to the future for. So taking him in the 5th certainly doesn't hurt because he's got 1st round talent written all over him and the risk in the high risk high reward philosophy diminishes considering the draft pick involved.

Also, there is nothing that stops us from drafting a RB prior to him as well i.e. in Round 2 or 3 and who knows? Maybe both of them pan out and G.B. has that 1-2 Punch they've been looking for and drafting the 2 of them puts Starks and Green on notice.

~ * ~ MINISTER OF DEFENSE ~*~

vCash
    If you had to pick one that's you believe is coming out....

vCash
    I guess it all depends on how his rehab goes. I believe they keep saying it is the same type of injury McGahee had, If so he could be back sometime this next season but, yes most likely like you said he won't be ready until the season after. I think I would still take a late round flier on him and if I could stash him on the PS.

but that being said I also agree and say that we take a RB that will be ready for next year. Could you imagine drafting a RB early taking Lattimore late stash him on the ps see how the guy from the early round does and the following year we have a one two punch
    Last edited by PackerBum9786; 12-11-2012 at 09:55 PM.
    HaHa Clinton-Dix

Solo Tackles: 33
    Assist Tackles: 10
    Sacks: 1
    Pass Deflects: 3
    Ints:1
    TDs:

vCash
    We're going to draft Jarvis Jones. He's dropping like a rock.

He sucks you can run right at him and his head is going to fall off soon. PSD HAS SPOKEN.

Page 25 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast