Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I have to agree with Wis on Gillislee I just didn't really see much more than what we have in green out of him.

As for the Tight Ends I don't really want to take one right now but, I guess I wouldn't have a problem with it. I want to see how Quarless does when he returns, and I want to see if Williams and Taylor turn out, I know Crabtree will not be anymore than what he is a serviceable backup
    Eddie Lacy

Carries:284
    Yards: 1178
    Yards/Game: 78.5
    Average: 4.1
    Touchdowns: 11
    Catches: 35
    Yards: 257

vCash
    anyone else think the CB class is real weak this year? glad we dont have a pressing need there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tram0n man View Post
    anyone else think the CB class is real weak this year? glad we dont have a pressing need there
    I'd agree from what I've seen so far. I'll be honest, I haven't really looked real in depth at the CB class though, mostly because like you said it's not a pressing need.

vCash
    I would hate to see the packers anything but a OL or DB in the first unless it's Manti Teo. I'll exPlain why later.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    I would hate to see the packers anything but a OL or DB in the first unless it's Manti Teo. I'll exPlain why later.
    I think you might be disappointed. I think there is a chance we don't draft any DB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tram0n man View Post
    I'm sure there's plenty of guys for "us" and by that I mean, we weren't going to go CB high and I haven't done a ton of homework on CBs, nor will I, but in those mids to lates I'm sure there will be plenty of Ted guys.

#YOTTO BABY COME BACK!!!!!!! #YOTTO

vCash
    I really wish Rambo didn't get that suspension, everytime I see him, I really see a good S.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    I think you might be disappointed. I think there is a chance we don't draft any DB.
    I actually meant to put HB, but didn't realize the auto-correct on my phone changed it. Yeah, DB is definitely a position they could ignore Hayward is legit. House is a strong option, Shields is decent. Williams is always strong. Burnett is a star in the making IMO. Jennings and McMillan have been impressive IMO.

It's pretty simple on why OL needs to be addressed. I know they have shown character. However, this OL is no where near perfect and there are few spot that can't be upgraded. Especially C. Saturday has been slow and old looking at times. Not to mention he's no where near long term. LT has been lackluster and Sherrod need to get healthy, but it never hurts to have a back up plan. I have said it a few times Barrett Jones shore up that hole perfectly. He can play all spots so you can plug him in where you need him. Preferably he fills in at center giving the Packers presumably on paper a future pro-bowl center. However, he looks as a serviceable player outside of the spot as well if Sherrod can't bounce back. He allows the team to have flexibility if someone like Bulaga goes down. They need to get a group to stick together for a long run because the best OL's have chemistry and they are together for a while. If Jones comes in stabilizes C and Sherrod is at worst an average option at LT they should be fine.

The reasons why this spot is so crucial is Rodgers with time is unstoppable if his WR's don't drop the ball. If he can have time he can move around and have his timing. If he is able to have time he is able to make throws no one else makes.

HB would be a great spot to fix because Benson is a short term option and we already have the good complementary backs. However, no feature guys. If they can run the ball it only creates doubt. With doubt the Packers have a surprise. They are not one dimensional and the passing game is only better. Its not question a major need.

I would be looking at Montee Ball extensively. He could develop into a Ahman Green type player IMO. Kenjon Barner offers run and pass abilities as well. Stefon Taylor and Ray Graham are also good options to look at as well. I would also look at Graham Pocic and Khalid Homes at center as well.

Another defensive talent I would be willing to take even though he wont be there is Star Lotutlelei.
    Last edited by IRNMN; 11-23-2012 at 11:15 PM.

vCash
    I could see us trading Finley and moving back to try and acquire both a RB and OL.... I liek Barrett JOnes for his flexibilty and Gio would be a nice RB but I don't think moving back and trading Finley could get us both....

vCash
    Reed is a beast!
    My 2014 Adopted Packer: Blow Job Raji

vCash
    Why would we take a OL in the 1st?
    We have our line set for years, at least in my opinion. I guess the C position could become something to look into. But not in the 1st round.

Our QB > Yours

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iam brett favre View Post
    We have our line set for years, at least in my opinion. I guess the C position could become something to look into. But not in the 1st round.
    Well Newhouse has been meh, we don't know how Sherrod is going to recorver from his injury and we have center issues. But im not sure if we would go OL in the first round either but i wouldn't be surprised.
    My 2014 Adopted Packer: Blow Job Raji

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by iam brett favre View Post
    I don't see why not if you want an elite line you look at the center position in the first two rounds. Homes, Pocic, and Jones are all potentially elite talents at the center position. They all could receive an argument for a first round grade. Only one will actually go there. Center is one of the hardest positions to find long term quality talent. If you look around most people your talking to will consider these guys either currently or the past 5 years the best centers Mangold, the Pouncey's, Alex Mack, Andre Gurode, Scott Wells, Ryan Kalil, Matt Birk, Olin Kruetz, and Jeff Saturday. Nearly all of them were 1st or second rounders with the exception of Wells, Birk, and Saturday they all went in the first three. I am not saying we go and for sure take one in the first thats not what I was getting at, but if their the best player there why not. It not like were taking a kicker in round one. In recent history if you want a stout center you will need to get him early. Of the three that were not top three round picks none of them were overnight successes. They mostly worked there. Where as guys like Mangold, Mack, and the Pouncey's stepped in day one and were making a difference.

I challenge you to find a bigger need that needs filled. While center is not necessarily a need its for sure a major must to succeed and I for one am not confident in saying EDS here ya go. If you take a guy like Jones he give you a ton of options and thats what make his pick worth it because you don't need to have a place in mind right away. He most likely is the COF, but if needed can shore up the left side if Sherrod continues to stagger back.

The only other spot I look for would be a RB in round one, but all the top RB's IMO should be around in the second. One of them will be there. Ball will drop because of his school as will Barner, both look like fits. Unless an elite defensive talent falls I say OL has to be the pick.

vCash
    I'm watching the USC and Notre Dame game and Silas Redd looks impressive. He's had several explosive runs and keeps his legs churning. Anyone have any further analysis on him?? I'm watching his game against Cal this year, he outruns the defense several times and puts on a few slick cutbacks and jukes.
    Last edited by SHUpackersfan; 11-24-2012 at 11:21 PM.

vCash
    I haven't done a ton of research outside watching games but here's a list of guys I really like at each position that at some point would make sense to draft.

QB-Not huge on any mid to late rounders at this point
    RB- Stephan Taylor (reminds me of Doug Martin), Montee Ball (homer), Michael Dyer, Dennis Johnson
    WR- Robert Woods, DeAndre Hopkins, Marcus Davis, Quninton Patton (love),
    TE- Tyler Eifert, Zach Ertz, Joseph Fauria
    T-Ricky Wagner(homer again), Xavier Nixon, Zach Martin
    G-Blaize Foltz
    C-Barrett Jones( love), Graham Pocic
    DL-Margus Hunt (my favorite prospect), Jessie Williams, Louis Nix, TJ Barnes
    Olb- Chase Thomas (olb/ilb), Quanteruas Smith
    Ilb- Michael Mauti, Chris Borland
    Cb-David Amerson, Nigel Malone, Tyran Mathieu(late)
    S-Eric Ried, Robert Lester, Bacarri Rambo, Phillip Thomas, Dj Swearinger, Ray Ray Armstrong
    K-FA kicker like Brett Maher or Matt Weller
    Return Man- not sure who is out there but Cobb is to valuable to risk.

My way to early mock would go something like this.
    1st-Tyler Eifert The last thing we need is another weapon but I'm sick of Finley we need a tough guy who will stretch the middle of the field and block when needed. I doubt anyone trades for JMike but this would be ideal.
    2nd- Margus Hunt this guy will shoot up the draft boards during the combine, a physical freak who is said to absorb football knowledge
    3rd-Stephan Taylor probably gone by the third depending on workouts, I would trade up or take him in the second
    4th- Quinton Patton size, speed, success would be a good replacement for Driver and/or Jennings
    5th-Chris Borland could play inside or out will be a solid player
    6th-QB not sure who maybe Zach Dysert
    7th-Returnman/receiver or Tyran Mathieu if he falls

It's a little to early to say what we need. I always love a ton of second round talent and at this point would probably favor trading down if we could get 2 seconds.
    Last edited by jay87shot; 11-27-2012 at 03:53 PM.

Page 19 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast