Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    wis... did anyone jump out at you this weekend, who caught your eye?

vCash
    The biggest need on the team has to be RB. Unfortunately the great ones are few and far between which is why there aren't many rbs taken in the first round.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post
    The biggest need on the team has to be RB. Unfortunately the great ones are few and far between which is why there aren't many rbs taken in the first round.
    And next year is weak for RB's. I think one of the reasons Ball decided to do his senior year. Unfortunately... this Badger season might torpedo his draft stock. I don't see Ball as a Packer though...

Graham Harrell #6 QB
    2 Comp. 3 ATT 20 Yards 0 TDs 4 Rush -3 Yards 0 TD 1 Fumble 0 INT

Jumped on the Bandwagon in 1969

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post
    biggest need? hell no

top 3 maybe

top 5 yeah

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tram0n man View Post
    biggest need? hell no

top 3 maybe

top 5 yeah
    If you think about it, it kinda is. I mean we are lacking a really good RB from being a complete team. Our OL is pretty loaded except for center but you can always get a good one after the first round. Wr's are all pretty good and we will only need one if Jennings does leave, but that still doesn't make it our biggest need. We have 3 young CB's with a lot of potential and upside so its hard for me to say that's our biggest need. We have Burnett and Woodson (who still has a few good years left) so we dont have to worry there for a year or so. Our DL has a lot of young players on it and is pretty much in the same boat as our CB core. The only other need i think we have is ILB.

vCash
    i am fine with keeping Benson honestly.......idk if he would accept another cheap deal like this but he has the talent we need.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    i am fine with keeping Benson honestly.......idk if he would accept another cheap deal like this but he has the talent we need.
    I like Benson but he isn't getting any younger. He is reaching that age where a RB's production starts to slip. I honestly don't know if there is going to be any good RB's coming out this year anyways and even if there is i doubt they would fall to us.

vCash
    Ted will go BPA this year, barring any major holes needing to be filled

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Mitten View Post
    wis... did anyone jump out at you this weekend, who caught your eye?
    I was mostly watching Johnathan Franklin and Keenan Allen this weekend. I'm not exactly sure about Franklin. When I watch him play I don't really come away very impressed.

Allen I know will probably be a high draft pick. His got a lot of good intangibles. I really like the guys size. He could be a good player in the NFL, but he needs to work on his hands. A lot of balls are getting into his body or popping off his hands.

A guy I was watching, I think it was last week was Tyler Eifert. When ND played Purdue and when I was watching that game I couldn't help but notice Josh Johnson. He played really well. I'm interested to watch him in another game.

vCash
    i agree 100% about Frankilin, i honestly was more impressed with Patterson...the TE class is pretty nice... i thought Ertz and Toilolo looked good for Stanford, Eifert is really nice as well... i want to see Fauria, i know he was pretty hyped up when he committed to Notre Dame... i will definitely check out Purdue, i'm intrigued by Kawann Short, so i'll keep an eye out for Johnson....
    Last edited by Richard Mitten; 09-20-2012 at 05:16 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Mitten View Post
    i agree 100% about Frankilin, i honestly was more impressed with Patterson...the TE class is pretty nice... i thought Ertz and Toilolo looked good for Stanford, Eifert is really nice as well... i want to see Fauria, i know he was pretty hyped up when he committed to Notre Dame... i will definitely check out Purdue, i'm intrigued by Kawann Short, so i'll keep an eye out for Johnson....
    Yeah I'd like to get your take on Short. I don't want to persuade your decision by saying anything about him but I am interested in getting your take the next time you see him play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wissportsfan View Post
    Yeah I'd like to get your take on Short. I don't want to persuade your decision by saying anything about him but I am interested in getting your take the next time you see him play.
    Did you get to see Anthony Barr OLB from UCLA play? How'd he do? I missed the game cuz apparently DirecTV doesn't air UCLA games in LA. Offensive skill player turned OLB so he has the speed, quickness, and skills. He looked good against Nebraska.

vCash
    i plan on making my opinion on Short in October; Michigan, Wisco, and Ohio St., that'll give me a good basis... UCLA should be on Espn2 or ABC this weekend against Oregon St., so i'll make sure to keep an eye out for Barr... i also want to see Fauria and Datone Jones for UCLA, and i get to see Poyer play again...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalPacker2 View Post
    Did you get to see Anthony Barr OLB from UCLA play? How'd he do? I missed the game cuz apparently DirecTV doesn't air UCLA games in LA. Offensive skill player turned OLB so he has the speed, quickness, and skills. He looked good against Nebraska.
    When I was watching the game I didn't really focus on him. I got the game recorded so I'll look back at UCLA playing defense and get back to you.

vCash
    There are a variety of ways the Packers can approach this draft. Largely two spots will be needs going into the draft no matter what happens. OL and RB, there are a number of solid options who would fit the needs of the Packers. The top 4 guys all have potential to be feature backs while the top ten have a minimum of split back abilities.

Between Ball and Lattimore I don't know who fits the Packers better coming out of this draft with either works well. Ball will greatly benefit from being in the Packers offense considering he comes from a system where RB's are considered product players. If this is true Ball easily can fit in because his game is similar to what the Packers want from the run game. Ball is not a burner, but can fight for good yards. He can catch, block, and has great vision one of the biggest factors in a successful backs. He is a nice combo between what we have in Cedric Benson and what we had in Ahman Green. Not bad company to be compared to. While Ball may never be the grinder Benson has become, nor may he ever be the dual threat Ahman was he IMO will be a productive back. Between Starks, Ball, Benson, Green, Cobb, and Kuhn the Packers should have no issues with the running game. Now Lattimore on the other hand is clearly a work horse. He is a guy you know you can lean on. He's a down to the bone power back. He will beat up defense. He will wear them down. He can be a game changer. While Ball brings more versatility, Lattimore will be the bigger threat to open the passing game. However, Ball IMO will be a bigger threat in the passing game. He can allow the Packers to line up a wishbone style formation. They have to guys who can run the h-back screen out of the backfield with success. One downfall of Lattimore is he is not the blocker that Ball is. Lattimore for sure is more of a power back he compares more so to Brandon Jacobs, Frank Gore, and Steven Jackson. If Ball can repeat his production he will be in the end zone a lot. Ball I think can take the Packers offense to new levels where as Lattimore only provides some balance.

OL for sure needs to be address not because it has player poor they have done well, but because they can't be stuck in a transition like they did with Clifton and Tauscher. If Saturday begins to decline due to age or he eventually leaves they are stuck in quite a bind. They need to either select a guy who will compete immediately or someone who is just a level down and can be developed to the previous level. The guys under center have quite a rep over the past two decade featuring Frank Winters, Mike Flanagan, Scott Wells, and Jeff Saturday nows not the time to stop that. The guy I like is Graham Pocic. He's a more likely to be there than Barrett Jones. Jones however, provides fantastic versatility. Jones has a nice chance to be a safety net if Sherrod is not able to produce, but can play center if needed as well. Nonetheless, I like Pocic the most. Buried in the ranking in a rebuilding Illinois program. Pocic has a low center of gravity, but is quick off the ball. His size is above the average, but its not a mandatory factor. He is a strong athletic player who can develop into an outstanding talent. Probably the biggest center in the draft he clearly is not a fit to be under center for Russel Wilson or Drew Brees. Between Barrett Jones and Graham Pocic I don't think the Packers could go wrong with either. While I think Sherrod will produce when he returns its still a possible route to go tackle later in the draft.

Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast