Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

We Need a Safety!!! Our Def Demise Started When We Lost Nick Collins

We have never been the same on Defense and I attribute all of that to the loss of Nick Collins. Losing Nick Collins and unable to replace him is the reason we have not able to compete defensively. His play made the rest of the defense better. Until we are able to compensate for the loss of his Safety play, our defense will remain porous.

vCash
    Okay, go tell the Packers the Cards just released Kerry Rhodes

~ * ~ MINISTER OF DEFENSE ~*~

vCash
    I already gave up on this franchise after we didn't sign Sav Rocca.

Ted can go to hell. I want my Packers back.

vCash
    Do you disagree? There are a few out there I would like to see possibly brought in for a look.

vCash
    I agree with you, but there is no safety available in free agency that could be as cheap and effective as a first or second round safety in the draft. Safeties have a tendency to be very effective in their first year such as Harrison Smith, Byrd and Eric Barry just to name a few recent ones. Defensive linemen in a 3-4 defense, however, have a much greater tendency not to have an immediate impact in their first year. I'm not saying 3-4 defensive linemen have a bigger tendency to bust, I'm saying they take longer to be effective than safeties.

I'm saying this because the loss of Jenkins was just as damaging (maybe a little less) than the loss of Collins. Therefore, I think it would be much more prudent to sign a defensive lineman in free agency (such as Seymour) than it would be to sign a safety.

But for the most part I completely agree. Safety is so vastly underrated as a position it's not even funny. And we need one.

vCash
    Ted Thompson is GREAT. I'm not gonna get into a TT debate with you. I just want a strong hitting/Ball Hawk Safety again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by d4484 View Post
    Do you disagree? There are a few out there I would like to see possibly brought in for a look.
    SAF's in FA is pretty ugly. Though I think in the 30s to our pick range in the second round could be a nice slot for a few safeties.

Everything in FA seems to be a stopgap AT BEST.

That being said, I wish we had Jim Leonhard lol

vCash
    Ted Thompson is GREAT. I'm not gonna get into a TT debate with you. I just want a strong hitting/Ball Hawk Safety again.
    Hardly. He never signs FAs which is why we don't win the SB every year like we should.

(I'm pulling your leg, I love Ted, my pics are a joke)

vCash
    Part of the problem with losing Nick Collins was that we were losing Nick Collins. Yes, I know confusing. We didn't just lose a safety, but we lost Nick Collins a young, aggressive All-Pro who kept our secondary intact and everybody in their right places. You can't just replace a guy like that. We can sign other safeties, but nobody is out there that will due the things that he all did. He was a huge reason that our defense isn't nearly the same. I think you gotta draft somebody, hope that Morgan Burnett assumes more of a veteran mentor role and hope someday you have another Nick Collins on your hands, which doesn't happen every day.
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    Well lets resign Nick Collins and bring his *** back! Enough the the emotional, "He is like my son" BS and bring the dude back!
    Last edited by TheBigCheese12; 03-13-2013 at 06:03 PM.
    My Adopter Packer: Blow Job Raji

vCash
    IMO, I think there are a few Safeties out there that can be had. But I am one that could give two sh**s about offensive signings. We need a DE and a Safety. I want a top FA Safety first because of two reasons>>> As I said not same since loss of Collins. Plus we are deep enough on D-Line to hope someone steps up. But definitely Safety and DE are what I want to see.

vCash
    We wouldn't have these issues if Ted wouldn't draft injury prone players like Collins in the first place.

Lol, okay I'll stop now.

I don't think there's an answer in FA, we just have to draft well. We got Collins in R2 Burnett in R3. We can find another safety.

vCash
    IMO, I think there are a few Safeties out there that can be had. But I am one that could give two sh**s about offensive signings. We need a DE and a Safety. I want a top FA Safety first because of two reasons>>> As I said not same since loss of Collins. Plus we are deep enough on D-Line to hope someone steps up. But definitely Safety and DE are what I want to see.
    Who ya thinking for SAF?

vCash
    Yeah Nick Collins was the ****...

That pick in the SB...man, good times.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    I disagree. Somewhat. Obviously I am the one who started this thread about losing Collins, so I agree with what you are saying about Collins vs ?. That's why we are obviously on same page as our feelings about Collins. I just think there may be a couple of vets that are out there can come close.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast