Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DLeeicious View Post
    That isn't possible doing double overhand right? The bicep tear was a direct result of going mixed? That is scary **** the one guy said it kept him out for 4 months in the comments.

lol I've seen that video. Amazingly awful attempt by that guy.

Don't know much about crossfit but it sure seems to get mocked a lot everywhere
    I don't know if it can happen going double overhand. I don't think so, but if so its a lot less likely.

I defend crossfit everytime hate about it comes up. First of all, a lot of those crossfit fail vids aren't actually crossfit and people that hate it just find the worst **** possible to make it look worse.

Secondly, there are a lot of bad trainers and a lot of people accept bad form from beginners and lower level crossfitters. The terrible videos aren't from the real crossfitters, just the people trying to get in shape via crossfit.

Thirdly, many idiots claim that crossfit is good for bodybuilding and increasing strength. Thats not completely true, the best way to improve physique is bodybuilding (arguably.. I think powerlifting for a long time and cutting does the same thing). The best way to improve strength is powerlifting. Crossfit is more of an endurance/mental toughness/well rounded 'athlete' type of workout

Crossfit, especially at competitive levels, is similar to strongman. Its not truly a form of training as much as an event to train for. People who come from competitive backgrounds (read: lifelong athletes) often find a home with crossfit as the competitiveness of it and the toughness required are often similar to the sports they no longer take part in. Also, many crossfit gyms have a family like atmosphere similar to that of athletic teams.

Look up guys like Rich Froning, Graham Holmberg, Rob Orlando, etc.
    Impressive ****ing athletes.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    After seeing those videos i might have to switch my DL grip..
    Limitations are for people that have them, and excuses are for people that need them.

vCash
    Squat: 365x3

vCash
    Deadlifts: 320 pounds by 5 for 2 sets.

I wanted to do a 3rd set but I could only do 1

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post

Crossfit, especially at competitive levels, is similar to strongman. Its not truly a form of training as much as an event to train for. People who come from competitive backgrounds (read: lifelong athletes) often find a home with crossfit as the competitiveness of it and the toughness required are often similar to the sports they no longer take part in. Also, many crossfit gyms have a family like atmosphere similar to that of athletic teams.
    yup

vCash
    Bench Press: 215x1

Maybe I'll get a rep at the official NFL Combine weight next week!

vCash
    Hammer strength squats:

720 by 2 and a half
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    A double overhand, non-hook grip will generally result in grip inhibiting people from using heavy weight. That is unless you have a strong *** grip.

I used to have a sick grip until I ripped all the skin off the palms of my hands deadlifting and tore the ligament in my thumb. Now it sucks and I use straps for everything.

Why'd your trainer recommend you change from a mixed grip to double overhand?
    Honestly I don't really remember. I don't mind it though, can't do as much weight as with mixed grip, but I think my forms getting a bit better.

"Last year, we earned respect, but this year we want fear. We want quarterbacks to fear us, and we want offensive lines to fear us." --Ndamokung Suh

vCash
    Double overhand improves grip strength

vCash
    16 inch deadlift 610x1

vCash
    Squat: 385x3

vCash
    315lb on flat bench!!!

FINALLY!!!

vCash
    I dont think the grip really matters pertaining to bicep tears...The bicep is not and should not be contracted whether if the forearm is in supine or prone position. IMO it has more to do with the muscle being overworked, not enough warm up, or a technicality such as the lifter slightly contracting the bicep (slight elbow flexion)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedroia_MVP View Post
    315lb on flat bench!!!

FINALLY!!!
    good job my man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamina View Post
    No there's definitely a risk in taring a tendon or bicep muscle when going palm outward on the grip. It's all in your form. when people struggle, they do crazy things to lift/pull weights, like rock back and forth or try and put too much body into it.
    i always grip both hand differently. it makes such a huge difference IMO

there is risk of tearing a bicep, but honestly their a risk as long as your on the weight floor

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast