Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Looking for a workout routine

I'm a college sophomore, I've played sports all my life and been pretty active but I really never got into working out. I want to start now because I feel like my weight will balloon soon if I don't. I've been able to get away with eating unhealthy and not hitting the gym without gaining weight for awhile, but I've noticed those days are ending.

I'm about 5'6, 145ish pounds. I'm more so on the skinny side, weight isn't my problem. I NEED MUSCLE. I want to start working out to build muscle, I dont care if that means I gain or lose weight in the process.

There is a rec center on my campus that has all machines necessary. I just don't know what to do. I want to get into a routine. I was really hoping you guys could give me some advice on what workouts to do.

These are the areas I really want to focus on (in order from most-least)
    1. Abdominal/chest/stomach area.
    2. Biceps/arms
    3. Cardio....I always get tired easily playing sports. Im pretty out of shape.

Can anyone supply me with a workout routine based on the above? Im willing to go the Gym everyday...willing to start eating better. Looking for all the advice anyone has to offer.

vCash
    When starting off, don't worry about focusing on particular muscle groups vs others, just do your whole body and get your body used to growing.

Split your muscle groups into chest, back, legs, shoulders, bis, tris, abs.

Every day, do 1-2 muscle groups. I would make sure to do legs alone, because its too much to mix with something else, also don't do chest and back on the same day as each other, cuz they're also two major muscle groups. I do chest/abs, shoulders/bis, back/tris, legs. But even I switch it up, last year I was doing something else, but I always did chest, back, and legs on days separate from one another.

Basically do 3-4 exercises per muscle, 3-4 sets per exercise, 8-10 reps per set.

For ideas of what to do, youtube "scott herman" and just type in chest or abs etc afterward. He'll give a monster workout for it, you don't have to do all that he does, but do at least 70% (the more the better)

Make sure you're getting about 1.2-1.5g protein per pound of bodyweight. So you should be around 175-210g protein per day.

Try your best to incorporate squats, bench press, pull ups, military press, and deadlifts in your routine. If you get all 5 into your regular routine, great, if not, try as much as you can.

Probably running for about 25-30min after every or every other workout can be decent for cardio, I'm not sure, I never really got into cardio.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    Well for getting a good workout plan you should discuss with a personal trainer. I have also my workout routine. I do these exercises daily
    Running
    Jogging
    Cycling
    Yoga
    Push ups.
    Last edited by RonaldoAllen; 09-20-2014 at 05:45 AM.

vCash
    Well Those body's take years to get! Reasonably, you won't see results till around a month in meeting expectations out. Six packs around 6 months to get. Google workouts for one thing. What's more every workout, put on more weight or accomplish more reps on the grounds that on the off chance that you stick with it force, you'll never at any point get huge.

vCash
    I like six packs .

vCash
    As you said you wanna build muscle and body.. For this purpose you have to join any gym or fitness center there you could consult with personal trainer and expert of fitness industry

vCash
    If you are 5'6" 145 and have not worked out before you probably have a big frame, are already fairly muscular or you are a little chubby.

I would focus on getting stronger and in shape. Get up to about 155 lean, but don't get too muscular. Short and stocky is one of the worst looks out there. It's much, much harder to rock the bulk for the shorter guys.

vCash
    A decent fundamental workout for the typical individual is a full body workout. All the part day disengagement workouts many individuals promoter are truly best for individuals with particular physical needs or that workout constantly. You will smolder the most calories and feel the best with a schedule that works you out from head to toe. A full body workout is likewise best for utilitarian wellness.
    Try to focus on the below activities and prepare your routine accordingly.
    Weight Lifting.
    Cardio/Functional Fitness.
    Body Weight Lifting.

vCash
    If you do need to build muscle then it the best option is the Gym or any kind of combat exercise that has potential to quickly build your muscles and that may be Boxing, martial arts. If time is the problem then find out the exercise equipments that suits you needs and create a space at your convenient place and put your Gym over there with stuff you love to buy.
    RDX Sports - Boxing - MMA - Muay Thai - Fitness all define me...