Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    So why not spend on an OF'er?

Last years big IFA acquisition was also a SS.

With limited funds why keep obsessing about one position?

What does Vincente Lupo have to do with anything?
    Rosario has great power upside at SS, but may move to 3B long term.

Vincente Lupo was a big IFA OF signing and he's crushing the ball so far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Rosario has great power upside at SS, but may move to 3B long term.

Vincente Lupo was a big IFA OF signing and he's crushing the ball so far.

Ok.

They're still obsessing too much over SS. This team has holes all over. We have a SS, we got a IFA SS last year, we drafted a SS #1, we drafted 5 other SS's this year, and now we spent another $1.7M on one.

Enough already.

vCash
    Ok.

They're still obsessing too much over SS. This team has holes all over. We have a SS, we got a IFA SS last year, we drafted a SS #1, we drafted 5 other SS's this year, and now we spent another $1.7M on one.

Enough already.
    How???

Why do you not understand that our present holes have no bearing on the players we are drafting and signing through the IFA market?

Who was our IFA SS last year? Just because a guy starts as a SS, doesn't mean he will be one long term.

Cecchini is the only SS the Mets drafted, Reynolds is a 3B or 2B long term, Kaupe is a 2B, and I don't know they other 2 SS you are talking about.

Having Tejada means nothing. In 5 years we'll be a FA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    And the Mets are linked to none of the guys who would require any decent amount of money to sign. Nice.
    We're doomed for 4th place for a long time.......

vCash
    How???

Why do you not understand that our present holes have no bearing on the players we are drafting and signing through the IFA market?

Who was our IFA SS last year? Just because a guy starts as a SS, doesn't mean he will be one long term.

Cecchini is the only SS the Mets drafted, Reynolds is a 3B or 2B long term, Kaupe is a 2B, and I don't know they other 2 SS you are talking about.

Having Tejada means nothing. In 5 years we'll be a FA.

Drafting too many short stops and IFA's short stops is not helping the team fill other holes, I have no idea why you can't see this. Other holes have to be filled notably the OF, not drafting any isn't helping that.

So what if Tejada is a FA is 5 years? does this mean we'll never keep another player ever?

Why do they have to keep spending on short stop and letting other positions rot on the vine, especially when they're broke, it makes no sense.

Not acquiring any decent OF'ers will mean in another 5 years we'll be in the same mess...

vCash
    Drafting too many short stops and IFA's short stops is not helping the team fill other holes, I have no idea why you can't see this. Other holes have to be filled notably the OF, not drafting any isn't helping that.

So what if Tejada is a FA is 5 years? does this mean we'll never keep another player ever?

Why do they have to keep spending on short stop and letting other positions rot on the vine, especially when they're broke, it makes no sense.

Not acquiring any decent OF'ers will mean in another 5 years we'll be in the same mess...
    You can move a guy from SS to CF, a guy from 3B to the OF, etc.

They hardly drafted any shortstops at all last year and didn't really get anyone of note on the IFA market either. They drafted Nimmo last year with a ton of outfielders and pitchers. Like I said, they got Lupo before in 2010, a catcher last year in Garcia, and now a SS this year. What's wrong with that?

Tejada might not be the answer, so it's nice to have someone ready to step in and possibly give you long term stability at the position.

This was the only year where they focused primarily on middle infielders, and like I said before last year it was mostly outfielders and pitching.

Decent OF can be found left and right through the FA market.

vCash
    You can move a guy from SS to CF, a guy from 3B to the OF, etc.

They hardly drafted any shortstops at all last year and didn't really get anyone of note on the IFA market either. They drafted Nimmo last year with a ton of outfielders and pitchers. Like I said, they got Lupo before in 2010, a catcher last year in Garcia, and now a SS this year. What's wrong with that?

Tejada might not be the answer, so it's nice to have someone ready to step in and possibly give you long term stability at the position.

This was the only year where they focused primarily on middle infielders, and like I said before last year it was mostly outfielders and pitching.

Decent OF can be found left and right through the FA market.

The Mets won't spend any money. That's the flaw, if they kept drafting infielders and signed FA OF'ers, I would not complain, but they don't. We're going to go into next season, for the second season running without ONE credible MLB everyday calibre OF'er.

That's 6 substandard OF'ers in two years.

vCash
    The Mets won't spend any money. That's the flaw, if they kept drafting infielders and signed FA OF'ers, I would not complain, but they don't. We're going to go into next season, for the second season running without ONE credible MLB everyday calibre OF'er.

That's 6 substandard OF'ers in two years.
    Yes they will, and when they do you'll be hiding nowhere to be found.

vCash
    Yes they will, and when they do you'll be hiding nowhere to be found.
    Oh i'll be here, will you be when they don't get 3 credible OF'ers?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456