Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Mets To Non Tender Pelfrey But Look To Re-Sign Him In FA

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...andres-torres/

The New York Post’s Mike Puma was told by a “Mets person” that the team plans to non-tender right-hander Mike Pelfrey, but will try to re-sign him as a free agent. A decision on whether to tender outfielder Andres Torres hasn’t been made.

Pelfrey underwent Tommy John surgery in May and is unlikely to be ready for the beginning of the season, so the decision to non-tender him was a no-brainer. If the Mets re-sign him, it figures to be for no more than half of the $5,687,500 he made this year
    The rest of the article talks about Andres Torres but i don't want to quote a part that no one cares about.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-22-2012 at 07:35 PM.

vCash
    I really don't want to see him go, I'm really intrigued by the progress he made this season, showing an explosive moving fastball again. If we deal Dickey(which we should) I would like to see Pelfrey back.

Santana
    Niese
    Harvey
    Gee
    Hefner/Pelfrey when he's healthy

Wheeler will replace any of the pitchers that get hurt.

vCash
    Smart move.

vCash
    ...they mention how they might tender Torres and pay him 3 million.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I really don't want to see him go, I'm really intrigued by the progress he made this season, showing an explosive moving fastball again. If we deal Dickey(which we should) I would like to see Pelfrey back.

Santana
    Niese
    Harvey
    Gee
    Hefner/Pelfrey when he's healthy

Wheeler will replace any of the pitchers that get hurt.
    I'd switch Hefner and Wheeler. I don't want Jeremy in the rotation unless it's last resort.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    He made $2.7 million this year and likely would be due for a small raise in arbitration, so a move to non-tender is very likely
    But they seemed to have taken a stance they want Pelfrey back, and although they are undecided about Torres i really can't see that happening considering how bad he was this year.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-22-2012 at 07:59 PM.

vCash
    I always thought that Pelfrey gets a raw deal by many fans here, would like to see him come back instead of a guy like Young, but also am not going to be too upset if he goes to another team.

I think he is a prime candidate to make a nice little comeback next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    I'd switch Hefner and Wheeler. I don't want Jeremy in the rotation unless it's last resort.
    Why? I have bashed him a fair deal, but it wasn't really necessary.

Hefner's FIP was 3.66 this year with an xFIP of 4.21. The FIP is excellent for a #3 starter, but his xFIP suggests a backend starter. His ERA suggests he's AAA depth.

Put it all together, and I think he's a solid back-end starter, and a nice stop-gap for Pelfrey.

vCash
    I always thought that Pelfrey gets a raw deal by many fans here, would like to see him come back instead of a guy like Young, but also am not going to be too upset if he goes to another team.

I think he is a prime candidate to make a nice little comeback next year.
    If he looked the way he did in 2011, I would absolutely dump him.

However, his FB velocity rose by 2 MPH and it showed life that has not been seen in a long while. It wouldn't be wise to just let him go when he's still capable of having good seasons.

vCash
    Exactly how we needed to handle Big Pelf.

Definitely couldn't pony up the dough for arby, but bringing him back on a cheap to moderate deal would be a good move, IMO. Give him a prove it contract.

However, is Pelf gonna be ready to go on opening day in 2013? He'd only be about a year out from TJ surgery, right? Isn't that typically a 1.5 year comeback?

vCash
    I'm hoping Sandy gives him a 2 mil base salary with incentives.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudeguyy View Post
    Exactly how we needed to handle Big Pelf.

Definitely couldn't pony up the dough for arby, but bringing him back on a cheap to moderate deal would be a good move, IMO. Give him a prove it contract.

However, is Pelf gonna be ready to go on opening day in 2013? He'd only be about a year out from TJ surgery, right? Isn't that typically a 1.5 year comeback?
    Usually rehab time is a calendar year, in some cases less.

If all goes well, it's possible Pelfrey could be back in the majors by June or July.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-22-2012 at 09:43 PM.

vCash
    I dont know whats worse. They they are telling us a bold face lie or that they might actually want this guy back???

vCash
    It will be telling if they bring back that POS for any price.

Do they really think Torres is going to help them win games?

Really?

No, they don't. If Torres is brought back it is only because they like him as an affordable place holder.

This is what the Mets are on the verge of becoming: A team of affordable placeholders.

WTF should we care anymore?

WTF?
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    I'd much rather play Kirk or DD over Torres. At least with them, you offer young, exciting, new players, not old scrubs like Torres.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast