Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 64 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smking619 View Post
    Wideman just signed a 5yr, $5.25MM per contract. How much does that inflate what Carle is going to ask for?
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    hopefully just enough that makes us say no thanks....
    i'd say Carle could get $5.5 mil from someone pretty easy now.

that's about $1 to $1.5 mil more than i really wanted the Flyers to spend on him.

could very well price him out of their range; however, if he was sincere about taking a pay cut to stay, then it's possible he could still come back.

fanofphilly, serious question. with Wideman off the market, b/c i believe he was on your radar, who do you honestly believe the Flyers could sign that would be better than Carle? and don't give me Suter; we all know he's not coming to Philly.

vCash
    I never EVER like Wideman, always said he was over-rated, still think he is. Why do you think everyone is like "WTF he got how much" ?!?!? lol good for him though for cashing in.

I think the Flyers are in a good position where they are. I dont know call me stupid but I like the looks of

Timmo / Mez
    Coburn / Schenn
    Gross / Gus

Lilja - Bartulis - Lauridsen - Manning bing the 7th man

Thats not too shabby of a Defense right there. A lot of people forget how productive Mez was on the offense. And lets not leave out that fact that even though the Phantoms are a young team (in Adirondack) Gus in those 2 years and 5 games that hes played for the Phantoms he has 65 assists...which leads the team in their young existence. And like i said he plays the past two years for the Phantoms but in 2009 he only played 5 of the final 7 games for them...

Im fine with allowing the youth the chance to come up and saying that money and going after a top winger. I'd love to see a line with Schenn - Couts - Voracek .. So go out there and get a Parise / Doan / Semin / (or trade) Ryan. Put them on Harts and G's line.

I hate to say this but unless we trade for Webber, which could happen if Suter goes. Webber already publicly said that he would not resign with the Preds if Suter goes. Or get Schultz then I'm fine with the 6 we have now (without Kubina, MAB, and Carle)

This was that convo - If the Predators lose Ryan Suter, sources are saying that Shea Weber won’t re-sign a long-term deal. GM David Poile couldn’t risk losing both for nothing, and would have to look at trading Weber. Jay Bouwmeester is rumored to be on the trade block, sources are saying no one has approached him about it yet. Sources saying the Red Wings will make a strong push for Ryan Suter, but not as hard for Zach Parise. Don’t be surprised if the Blues look to bring back Carlo Colaiacovo. There is some talk that Flyers defenseman Matt Carle may want to sign with the Avalanche, played college hockey in Colorado. The Blackhawks have serious interest in Justin Schultz. Contract talks between Erik Johnson and the Avs are going smoothly. The Senators are talking contract extension with Chris Neal, who has 1 year left on his deal. The same goes for Mike Fisher and the Predators.

So yeah man... I say sign Voracek and get that #1 big winger / make a huge trade for Webber.
    Last edited by fanofphilly; 06-27-2012 at 07:16 PM.

vCash
    Enough with the Weber talk. We got Schenn and gave up a valuable piece he's a highly touted young defenseman who is only 22 he is the guy the organization thinks will develop into a shut down guy. Weber is not coming here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    I never EVER like Wideman, always said he was over-rated, still think he is. Why do you think everyone is like "WTF he got how much" ?!?!? lol good for him though for cashing in.

I think the Flyers are in a good position where they are. I dont know call me stupid but I like the looks of

Timmo / Mez
    Coburn / Schenn
    Gross / Gus

Lilja - Bartulis - Lauridsen - Manning bing the 7th man

Thats not too shabby of a Defense right there. A lot of people forget how productive Mez was on the offense. And lets not leave out that fact that even though the Phantoms are a young team (in Adirondack) Gus in those 2 years and 5 games that hes played for the Phantoms he has 65 assists...which leads the team in their young existence. And like i said he plays the past two years for the Phantoms but in 2009 he only played 5 of the final 7 games for them...

Im fine with allowing the youth the chance to come up and saying that money and going after a top winger. I'd love to see a line with Schenn - Couts - Voracek .. So go out there and get a Parise / Doan / Semin / (or trade) Ryan. Put them on Harts and G's line.

I hate to say this but unless we trade for Webber, which could happen if Suter goes. Webber already publicly said that he would not resign with the Preds if Suter goes. Or get Schultz then I'm fine with the 6 we have now (without Kubina, MAB, and Carle)

This was that convo - If the Predators lose Ryan Suter, sources are saying that Shea Weber wonít re-sign a long-term deal. GM David Poile couldnít risk losing both for nothing, and would have to look at trading Weber. Jay Bouwmeester is rumored to be on the trade block, sources are saying no one has approached him about it yet. Sources saying the Red Wings will make a strong push for Ryan Suter, but not as hard for Zach Parise. Donít be surprised if the Blues look to bring back Carlo Colaiacovo. There is some talk that Flyers defenseman Matt Carle may want to sign with the Avalanche, played college hockey in Colorado. The Blackhawks have serious interest in Justin Schultz. Contract talks between Erik Johnson and the Avs are going smoothly. The Senators are talking contract extension with Chris Neal, who has 1 year left on his deal. The same goes for Mike Fisher and the Predators.

So yeah man... I say sign Voracek and get that #1 big winger / make a huge trade for Webber.

a) Weber isn't coming to PHI via trade....put another way, Weber isn't coming to PHI AT ALL this year. if he ever ends up in orange and black, it will be next season via FA.

b) you can't get Ryan without giving up at least one of Mez or Voracek/Read. most likely, it'll cost Read/Voracek AND Mez AND a 1st.

so without Mez, how do you like the defense then?

let me put it this way: Carle is a MUST if they trade for Bobby Ryan. Unless somehow they can get Ryan for just a forward, some picks, and a prospect or two, a defenseman will be traded.

if you don't agree....idk what to tell you.

vCash
    Hey guys I've been reading everything posted on this thread and I felt I had to get in on it at some point. I realize that I am new so I will make sure not to step on anybody's toes. Just a few comments on the offseason, I tried to keep it nice and organized. I'll post a defensive breakdown now, let me know what you think-

Defense
    I think obviously signing Shultz is the most enticing option at this point, because it makes a current Flyer defenseman more expendable and easier to trade for top forward talent such as Bobby Ryan (also giving us a great young talent for a low cap hit). However, at best this is a distant hope, especially after reading this article on TSN>> http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399357 The author mentions the Oilers, Leafs, Rangers, Flames, Canucks, and the Red Wings as front runners, but doesn't even mention the Flyers as a legit option. With Wideman getting signed for that money, Matt Carle instantly became a tougher decision for Homer because he will demand more money. As for Weber and Suter in Nashville, I think it would be very difficult to snag either one. I'm not totally convinced Suter is as good as the money he will demand, so I would be hesitant to pursue him in free agency . However, I am all for a deal being tossed at Nashville for Weber (not including G, Schenner, and Couts). All other defensemen out there as free agents seem to be complementary pieces, and certainly not the future #1 D-man we need with Pronger on his way out. Do you guys think that the Flyers are set in the back with the moves we've made, or do we need to pursue someone out there this summer?? Thanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    a) Weber isn't coming to PHI via trade....put another way, Weber isn't coming to PHI AT ALL this year. if he ever ends up in orange and black, it will be next season via FA.

b) you can't get Ryan without giving up at least one of Mez or Voracek/Read. most likely, it'll cost Read/Voracek AND Mez AND a 1st.

so without Mez, how do you like the defense then?

let me put it this way: Carle is a MUST if they trade for Bobby Ryan. Unless somehow they can get Ryan for just a forward, some picks, and a prospect or two, a defenseman will be traded.

if you don't agree....idk what to tell you.
    I wonder if Anaheim would do a deal of Voracek a number 1, and one of MAB/Gustaffson. Certainly better for them on cap shape, and both those guys especially Gus look to have relatively bright futures. I know Sbisa certainly worked out for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claude28Giroux View Post
    Hartnell is the perfect player to be a linemate with Giroux. I dont see why you Don't want him here.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Anaheim is Asking to much. Voracek+Mez+1st?
    Voracek can be a better player than ryan and honestly if V playes with G this season I predict he will have better numbers. Mez is a very gifted Offensive Dman and probably the best Off. Dman we have.
    1. Kimmo
    2. Carle
    3. Coburn
    4. Mez

Mez has a good heavy shot. Offensively, that's it. Hes certainly not a better puck moving Dman than the 3 above.

vCash
    Ya know I wonder with the possibility of Suter and Weber leaving Nashville, ya'll think that Nashville might make an attempt to sign Carle? I mean they'll most definitley have the 5.5 mil that Carle's askin for so I'm sayin besides the Wings, the Predators are also a big option for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Hudson View Post
    Ya know I wonder with the possibility of Suter and Weber leaving Nashville, ya'll think that Nashville might make an attempt to sign Carle? I mean they'll most definitley have the 5.5 mil that Carle's askin for so I'm sayin besides the Wings, the Predators are also a big option for him.
    I was reading the Avs where he played hockey in his college days are a big possibility as well.

vCash
    I don't think Carle is going to give a hometown discount. Wideman pretty much sealed his fate here in Philly. Homer should be working on plan B. I think this is his chance to pitch to Schultz that with Carle gone he can guarantee him a roster spot come opening night.

I still don't wanna see the Flyers deal Voracek for Ryan....even though it would be AWESOME to give Giroux a scoring winger for the next 7-10 years....I'd like to see a top line of Voracek, Giroux, and Ryan....It would be pretty damn hard to cover all three of those players on the ice at once....

I think Hartnell (if he waives his NTC) could become expendable for this team....There's been speculation in this room about Simmonds...I think with him being a younger player also...there could be more upside to his game then what Hartnell can do....Hartnell has peaked...this will be the best, I think, you'll get out of him (which wasn't too shabby but put him on another line and I think his stats drop)...

It's just a random thought....July 1st will not get here soon enough.

vCash
    Losing Carle might be addition by subtraction. He was just a nightmare in the playoffs.
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

vCash
    After the mistake of a contract Wideman just recieved one thing went through my mind.....a defense of ....
    Timmo/Schenn
    Coburn/ Nik
    Mez/Gus
    ....is perfectly fine. Remember the Flyers already have the highest paid defense without resigning Carle.

What they need to do is resign Jakub...get Jagr back unless we have to pay him over 2.5mil
    Then go after a top six forward....Parise ain't happening but we could get someone with money saved from Carle

Scotty-G-Jagr
    Free Agent-Briere-Schenn
    Simmonds-Cout- Jakub ( this worked in playoffs when used)
    Read-Talbot- Wellwood?

vCash
    I think Voracek has earned himself more then 3rd line minutes....If the Flyers' sign a forward in free agency....I see them signing someone for the 3rd line....and Voracek moves up into the top 6...

vCash
    Does Walker have to clear re-entry waivers next season?

vCash
    I wish we could trade HIM this offseason... (Walker)

Page 64 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast