Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 53 of 77 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    I would do read and a 1st. throw in a prospect if they want more. Ryan doesn't feel welcome in Anaheim anymore and he has called out the front office. His value cant be too high.

I like Voracek, he's a young playmaker, and other then Giroux, hes the only one we got.

with that said, if we get Ryan, and with the Schenn brothers, the locker room would have the attitude of "we want to be here" flying all over. I really want Ryan, WAY over Nash.
    here's the only issue. Ryan doesn't have a NMC in his contract; so the Ducks can ship him anywhere they want. they're gonna trade him to the team that offers the best package, so although Ryan saying he wants to get moved, and prefers Philly, it really doesn't matter if another team comes up with a better offer.

that being said.......interesting article here from eklund:

Contrary to what some have speculated following the Flyers' trade of James van Riemsdyk to Toronto, Philadelphia remains very much active in pursuit of Anaheim's Bobby Ryan. The Flyers still have the likes of forward Jakub Voracek or defensemen Braydon Coburn and Andrej Meszaros to offer as a main piece in conjunction with other assets.

The acquisition of Luke Schenn yesterday enables Philadelphia to offer one of the aforementioned defensemen in a trade and then seek another in free agency come July 1. I am being told a proven but reasonably young defenseman is a must-have in any trade offer the Ducks will consider for Ryan. The Visnovsky trade makes that a non-negotiable facet of a deal.

Understandably, Anaheim would prefer Coburn (signed to a recent contract extension and coming off a real solid playoff run) to the more offensive-minded Meszaros (a year removed from winning the Flyers' annual Barry Ashbee Trophy for best defenseman but also coming off back surgery this past season).

Ryan threw the Ducks a curve this weekend by publicly demanding a trade and saying that Philadelphia is his top preference. He's a native of nearby Cherry Hill, NJ, and his family has been close to members of the organization for years, especially Bob Clarke. As a result, Anaheim has lost some leverage in making a trade.

However, the Ducks are going to trade Ryan to whichever team gives them the best offer. It won't necessarily be Philly, but Toronto is out of the hunt now that they've traded for JVR.

I'll be back in a bit with a big update on UFAs. Stay tuned!!!!

i was definitely one that thought JVR getting shipped elsewhere threw a wrench in the Bobby Ryan talk, but truthfully the Flyers do still have enough depth/talent to get a deal done.

i would do anything possible, though, to try and get them to take mez over coburn. no offense to mez, cuz i like the guy, but after the year coburn had i really think they're better off keeping him around.

vCash
    Eklunds at it Again!! Posting Flyers are still in on Bobby Ryan!

IMO.. The Flyers are best off seeing what they can get in Free Agency. Eklund alluded to the flyers having to part with Coburn, vorachek, and other pieces to get Ryan. I think it's too much to give up especially keeping in mind Ryan is only a 30 goal scorer playing with world class talent. Perry and Getzlaf are his linemates. That's an all-star team line. Furthermore, the GM has been down on Ryan for the last 2 years. Reminiscent of JVR??

I don't see Flyers landing the two top free agent offensive targets, Parise and Semin, for different reasons.
    The flyers are probably lowest on Parise's personal list of teams he'd play for. Figuring NJ tops the list, Pittsburgh has to be close behind. If the money is fair and equitable deal, how can he say No to playing with Crosby who also happens to be a close friend. This is like Lebron going to Miami. 3rd is Detroit who has tons of cap space and needs youthful infusion of offensive talent. 4th is Minnesota who also has tons of cap space, great young offensive young talent with a need for a veteran star presence. Plus, his Dad was a star with the old Minnesota North stars and the appeal to play for them looms large.

I feel the Flyers would have to grossly overpay to get Parise to sign with them. From a cap standpoint, it wouldn't be worth it

Simply put, Alexander Semin to me is an over-rated, under performing player who is going to ask for at least 6 million a year. He reeks of Alexei Zherdev. I can't see the flyers seeking Semin's services.

So, who do we sign? I still like to re-sign Jagr. With a year under his belt, he now knows he needs to kick back on his training regimen to keep him fresher all year. Plus, the team is stll relatively young and his presence is so invaluable.

One other point to conside, I am apprehensive to trade Coburn or one of our
    top D-Men fearing that Lavliolette's attacking system will make Luke Schenn's transition harder. Toronto played a similar attacking system for the past 2 years and look how he floundered. Having all the veteran presence would help his development immensely and would take the pressure off him to produce immediately.

vCash
    I'd be okay with signing Voracek, Carle, and a backup goaltender at this point. If we could manage to sign Parise, Carle, and backup G, I'd be pretty excited though...

vCash
    Trading Coburn for Ryan would be one of the dumbest moves this team has ever made. Coburn should be in that group of untouchables with Giroux/Schenn/Couturier

City of Brotherly Love

vCash
    Only thing about Voracek is that he's a playmaker and getting Ryan is the complete oppisite. And DO NOT trade Coburn. I really feel like ANA is making Ryan seem like Nash. I don't get it.

This is why I watch soccer.

vCash
    I think Ryan would be perfect on a line with Giroux, so if they trade Read or Voracek for him then i'd be happy. What about trading Mez, a forward prospect like Akeson and a draft pick for Ryan? That way Gus could play full time next year too

City of Brotherly Love

vCash

Can you say Stanley Cup bound

I really want ryan and if he could be had for Voracek, Mez and a combination of picks and/or prospects....i say we do it now.

Then we make the following moves:
    sign dennis wideman: he gives us the ability to score from the point(and we'll need it after giving up our best scoring dman (mez)
    Sign Ray whitney: I think he has way more left in the tank than Jagr(both are 40) could be had for the same price
    Re-sign carle(even though his game was exploited without Pronger on the ice with him....he still knows the system and is a good puck moving dman
    Sign Biron as the backup

Our roster would look like this:

Hartnell/Giroux/Ryan
    Whitney/Briere/Read
    Schenn/Coutourier/ Simmonds
    Rinaldo/Talbot/(wellwood, Z, Sestito or holmstrom)

Coburn/Timonen
    Schenn/Carle
    Wideman/Grossman

Bryzgalov
    Biron

Deepest team in the NHL by far!!!

And I quickly crunched the numbers and it looks like everyone will fit under the cap if whitney gets 3.5, wideman gets 4.5, carle gets 4.5, Biron gets 1, and add ryans 5.1....totaling just under 68 mil.

That is also by putting Pronger on LTIR and stashing Shelley and Leighton in the minors....leaving us enough room to resign bourdon, Z, and sestito

Finishing off with about 70 mil even(300,000 under the cap)

vCash
    I wouldn't mind trading Voracek and/or Meszaros + for Ryan. Moving Voracek will give Schenn a greater chance to be a playmaker. The front office has had a hard on for Ryan since 2005, so you would think he'd end up here sooner or later.
    Prepare to experience sexual magic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smking619 View Post
    I wouldn't mind trading Voracek and/or Meszaros + for Ryan. Moving Voracek will give Schenn a greater chance to be a playmaker. The front office has had a hard on for Ryan since 2005, so you would think he'd end up here sooner or later.
    What do you think about the rest of the moves if the trade happens?

For me it would be the most excited ive been for a season in quite some time.

vCash
    Read, Mez, prospects/picks for Ryan. I'd be estatic.

This is why I watch soccer.

vCash
    I'd be more interested in Wideman as a replacement for Carle than in addition to him. I wouldn't mind going after Bryan Allen to lock down the third pairing. Whitney is also an under the radar type move. I like it, but I don't know if he has any interest in coming here. He handpicked Phoenix last year, but who knows?
    Prepare to experience sexual magic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Ninja View Post
    Read, Mez, prospects/picks for Ryan. I'd be estatic.
    Personally I like Read ALOT more the Voracek and I think Read has more potential... unfortunately so might anaheim. But my main reasoning for giving up Voracek is that he is going to want a big pay raise close to what JVR got because he has basically doubled JVRs production with only one more year under his belt. So for me its a no brainer to pay Read 900k than pay Voracek 4 mil

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smking619 View Post
    I'd be more interested in Wideman as a replacement for Carle than in addition to him. I wouldn't mind going after Bryan Allen to lock down the third pairing. Whitney is also an under the radar type move. I like it, but I don't know if he has any interest in coming here. He handpicked Phoenix last year, but who knows?
    I see what you're saying...especially because both Wideman and Carle are only 6 feet tall...having 3 small dmen like that(adding Timonen) is a huge disadvantage

My only problem with Bryan Allen is hes not really that good on the stat sheet...he rarely scores, doesnt get many assists and had had a low +/- his whole career. But who knows, maybe he does better on a better team

vCash
    wideman is risky. he's purely an offensive defenseman. NOT great defensively. out of position a lot, more focused on scoring than playing his position. i mean it's like he's a winger playing defense.

he'd be great for the PP but anything larger than a 3rd pairing role for him would be a mistake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    wideman is risky. he's purely an offensive defenseman. NOT great defensively. out of position a lot, more focused on scoring than playing his position. i mean it's like he's a winger playing defense.

he'd be great for the PP but anything larger than a 3rd pairing role for him would be a mistake.
    That is where i project him to be...paired with grossman, a big physical defensive dman to offset widemans lack of defensive ability. right now we dont have that guy on the blue line that can put the puck in the net consistently. Mez is only above average

Page 53 of 77 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast