Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 77 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Ninja View Post
    Crosby watched numerous finals games with Parise' family. They want to play together so I hear.

Let them. I don't see the difference between Staal and Parise - they kind of are equal players when it comes to game changers.

They'll sign Parise for 7mil, Crosby at 10, and Malkin at 10.

Salary wise they are screwed if they do it.
    I was just saying this same thing last night when the deal was announced and they were saying that it freed money for Parise. you would be looking at 22-28 million committed long term and 3 forwards. This doesnt take in account Fleury or Letang who probably add at least another 10-15 combined. They would be awesome for a couple years and then would quickly become a one line team.

Pens committing at least 25 million to Parise/Crosby/Malkin long term plus the Rangers potentially dealing a boatload to Columbus for Nash combined with Brodeur hanging it up in the next few years and Schenn/Couts/Giroux/Voracek all developing together over the next few years equals the future of the East looks good from Philly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StryderSox View Post
    I was just saying this same thing last night when the deal was announced and they were saying that it freed money for Parise. you would be looking at 22-28 million committed long term and 3 forwards. This doesnt take in account Fleury or Letang who probably add at least another 10-15 combined. They would be awesome for a couple years and then would quickly become a one line team.

Pens committing at least 25 million to Parise/Crosby/Malkin long term plus the Rangers potentially dealing a boatload to Columbus for Nash combined with Brodeur hanging it up in the next few years and Schenn/Couts/Giroux/Voracek all developing together over the next few years equals the future of the East looks good from Philly.

yea if Pitt thinks they can win by building an all star team, they can go ahead and try. Still need 12 quality forwards and 6 quality defensemen to win in the NHL. I'll take 4 solid lines over 4 all stars, any day.

vCash
    im just tired of all the talk and no action...homer needs to pull something out of his *** and get a deal done for either ryan or weber already

vCash
    What do you guys think:
    JVR
    Laughton
    next years 1st and 2nd

for

Ryan
    next years 2nd(ANA sucks and is going to get worse without Ryan so this pick will probably be a high #2)

They get JVR and a first round two way C who like Couts and Schenn is compared to mike richards plus due to the fact that laughton is not couts or schenn we give them a 1st and 2nd

Too much or too little?
    Last edited by Scofield_18; 06-23-2012 at 05:12 PM.

vCash
    nevermind the flyers just traded JVR for Luke schenn

unlikely that we move Brayden at all now...if there ever was a chance before
    Last edited by Scofield_18; 06-23-2012 at 05:19 PM.

vCash
    So the big question then is..........if we take Homer at his word that they will work out a deal for Matt Carle....then we'll have our six D. So are we done on the defense side?

Given that we traded JVR..who was supposed to be our blue chip trade piece...seems we would be hard pressed to pull off a significant deal......sounds more like we'll be using the FA market to add now..

vCash
    The trade makes a good deal of sense, but I'm still kinda upset about it if only because I would've loved to see JVR turn into something special in our uni. Still think he'll be a really nice player in time. Pretty much the same way I felt about Bob getting dealt.

Hopefully Schenn can reach his potential though. And it is kinda cool to have both Schenns on one team.

vCash
    As it stands, the Flyers have $11M in cap space including Pronger. That means that after Voracek is re-signed, a backup goaltender is signed, and Gustaffson is re-signed, we should have around $11M.

I'm very curious as to how much Semin will command on the open market. He's not worth $6.7M and he hasn't even hit 60 points in either of the past two years. If he could be had for a Leino-like deal, I'd be all over that.

On the other hand, giving Parise a 10-year, $60M deal might not be all bad. Still would leave some room to make moves and would give us another big-time scorer on the first line...

vCash
    I'd pay 7-7.5 mil for Parise.

This is why I watch soccer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    As it stands, the Flyers have $11M in cap space including Pronger. That means that after Voracek is re-signed, a backup goaltender is signed, and Gustaffson is re-signed, we should have around $11M.

I'm very curious as to how much Semin will command on the open market. He's not worth $6.7M and he hasn't even hit 60 points in either of the past two years. If he could be had for a Leino-like deal, I'd be all over that.

On the other hand, giving Parise a 10-year, $60M deal might not be all bad. Still would leave some room to make moves and would give us another big-time scorer on the first line...
    now is the $11 mil based on the projected cap or last year's cap?

vCash
    Not interested in going above $6.5M. Parise is very good, but there are still major question marks. I'd rather go a bit longer for less $ per season. There are 3-4 players in the NHL I think are worth $7.5M -- and Parise isn't one of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    Not interested in going above $6.5M. Parise is very good, but there are still major question marks. I'd rather go a bit longer for less $ per season. There are 3-4 players in the NHL I think are worth $7.5M -- and Parise isn't one of them.
    I wouldn't want to pay it either, but with an increased cap probably coming with the CBA and Briere honestly think getting moved in the next few years, why not?

I'm also trying to be realistic. No way I see Parise leaving the Devils, let alone to a division rival for 6.5 mil.

This is why I watch soccer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    now is the $11 mil based on the projected cap or last year's cap?
    The tentative projection for the cap is $70.3M given Bettman's address before the SCF began.

Cap is basically calculated as a (rather complex) function of the total league revenues; that number was put at $3.3B by Bettman.

The players' share is 57% of that, benefits is about $90M of that 57%, and there are 30 teams. That number is multiplied by 5% to get the mid point (the point between the cap & the floor). With those numbers, that is $62.7M. The mid point, historically, has bene $8M from the floor & cap. Add it all together & take off $400k to cover the fact that it was "slightly below" $3.3B, and voila! A cap of $70.3M.

vCash
    I actually would want another D guy over parise...I do not think he is a need...He would be fun to have but its not a need...If we lose carle we need another D guy... I would rather have carle at 3.5 over parise at 7...Of course I am not a carle hater like most and think he is a bit underrated by our fanbase

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    I wouldn't want to pay it either, but with an increased cap probably coming with the CBA and Briere honestly think getting moved in the next few years, why not?

I'm also trying to be realistic. No way I see Parise leaving the Devils, let alone to a division rival for 6.5 mil.
    Brodeur is gone, the Devils are done for next year. Parise has the opportunity to play with (probably) one of the top 3 playmakers in the NHL in Philadelphia while mentoring some of the most promising young forwards in the game (Schenn, Couturier, Simmonds, Voracek, Read, Giroux). I'd take less money to play for a team that I knew would use that savings to give me a better shot at the Cup I came so close to last year.

Page 51 of 77 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast