Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Couts better begin next season up 15 pounds. Kid better be eating some pasta and hitting the gym every day. At 6'4" 190lbs, be would be dominant at 220 in a few years.

Boy better at least be in the 200's soon.

vCash
    Briere, Hartnell and timonen are not going anywhere. You can dream all you want about trading these guys but their contracts will not allow it. The same with Bryz. As far as Bob he is quick post to post, gives up the upper part of the net and has a slow glove hand. If they can get something for him do it. They need a quality backup just in case Bryz has a mental breakdown. They did sign a kid from Ohio state that is a big goalie but he's a couple of years away most likely.
    Kubina was a rental. Carle may price himself out. Jagr is too old. Thanks for a decent season and good luck in the future!
    The Flyers need to add a veteran with leadership abilities on forward and defense. Does anyone know how much money they will have available next season if Jagr and Carle don't sign and Pronger goes on LTIR?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    danny b has a NMC ... danny is not going anywhere ... especially after this year's playoff performance

giroux shouldn't be given the C either if pronger retires ... they should wait on it and see what happens with the older guys for a year before making that decision ...
    If pronger retires they should give C to Kimmo

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    Briere, Hartnell and timonen are not going anywhere. You can dream all you want about trading these guys but their contracts will not allow it. The same with Bryz. As far as Bob he is quick post to post, gives up the upper part of the net and has a slow glove hand. If they can get something for him do it. They need a quality backup just in case Bryz has a mental breakdown. They did sign a kid from Ohio state that is a big goalie but he's a couple of years away most likely.
    Kubina was a rental. Carle may price himself out. Jagr is too old. Thanks for a decent season and good luck in the future!
    The Flyers need to add a veteran with leadership abilities on forward and defense. Does anyone know how much money they will have available next season if Jagr and Carle don't sign and Pronger goes on LTIR?
    Just the same way Richards and Carters long term deals meant they were the future of the organization????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    If they don't resign kubina carle and Jagr that's over 10 million I believe

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
    Lets go all Vancouver and give it to the goalkeeper Bryzgalov......

Only if he gets to where the Russian K instead of a C though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
    I don't think he's going to be around long enough. They could give it to him for next year, but it would likely be a 1 year thing. Why not just give the C to the guy that actually plays like the captain of the team?

vCash
    Let Kubina and Jagr walk. If Carle will stay for 2.5, you're a straight dumbass if you don't want him back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by delfinko View Post
    I don't think he's going to be around long enough. They could give it to him for next year, but it would likely be a 1 year thing. Why not just give the C to the guy that actually plays like the captain of the team?
    Because Giroux's meltdown in Game 4 is somewhat of an indication he may not be ready yet. I agree we need to give him another year or so to adjust to being the star of the team before we saddle him with being the captain as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyPhan8790 View Post
    Let Kubina and Jagr walk. If Carle will stay for 2.5, you're a straight dumbass if you don't want him back.
    Why would he take a pay cut? You're a dumbass if you think he's taking $2.5 when he makes $3.8.. Everyone would want him back for that price.

vCash
    Carle is going to want maybe around 4.2 if he stays here but knowing the open market someone will over pay on him like Leino last year and he could get 5 million in the open market

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StryderSox View Post
    Because Giroux's meltdown in Game 4 is somewhat of an indication he may not be ready yet. I agree we need to give him another year or so to adjust to being the star of the team before we saddle him with being the captain as well.
    All players, including captains will lose their cool every once in a while, just consider the Weber/Zetterberg incident. It's not like Giroux won't learn from the mistake, all captains would. They may not give out the C until after next year out of respect to Pronger, but the next captain of the team should be Giroux, and hopefully he'll have the C for a long time.

Very much unlike Mike Richards at the time, I think Giroux is ready, and I think he wants it. I will back up that statement with the story Lavi told about how Giroux walked into his office and basically demanded to be on the ice to start Game 6. In my opinion, someone poised to be the next captain of the team doesn't do that if they aren't ready for the consequences.

If Timmonen was going to be named captain, they should have done it when Jason Smith left.

vCash
    well its a pretty long read but THIS is how i feel CLICK ME

I put some time into making this so please take a look and a read lemme know

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    well its a pretty long read but THIS is how i feel CLICK ME

I put some time into making this so please take a look and a read lemme know
    I was with you up until the JVR + Bob for Schenn + Kessel trade. I think there might be a possibility Toronto would consider Bob for Schenn. There is not a snowballs chance in hell that Burke trades Kessel unless he is absolutely blown out of the water.

Kessel was Burke's boy and he gave up a shitload to bring him in and hasnt lived it down since (would you rather have Kessel or Seguin plus the other first and lower picks?). If Burke turns around and trades Kessel now then it will be his swan song on the way out of a job.

vCash
    ha yeah the Kessel comment was more of a pipedream of mine rather then something that would actually come about. I know Burke loves Kessel.

Although I put nothing past the wizardry of this front office

but its funny because i started writing this article early this morning around 8:30 and between phone calls and everything i finally got it done noticed the off season thread went from 2 posts to 3 pages lol...and pretty much everyone talked about what i pointed out i laughed
    Last edited by fanofphilly; 05-09-2012 at 04:10 PM.

Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast