Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 77 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
    You guys think bogosian for JVR would do the trick?
    JVR could net us a top 2 defenseman...but I would love Bogo here in Philly he's big (6'3, 215) a right handed shot, throws the body (117 Hits), he's young (21), blocks shots (109), can run the powerplay, and underachieved this season dropping his value...Im very Pro-Bogosian
    Philadelphia Flyers Philadelphia Phillies
    Seattle Seahawks Cincinnati Bengals
    Phoenix Suns
    Notre Dame Fighting Irish Kansas Jayhawks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaddNewz View Post
    JVR could net us a top 2 defenseman...but I would love Bogo here in Philly he's big (6'3, 215) a right handed shot, throws the body (117 Hits), he's young (21), blocks shots (109), can run the powerplay, and underachieved this season dropping his value...Im very Pro-Bogosian
    You say a top two Dman, who are you thinking exactly? honestly I don't know if he's really worth that, his value can't be that high after how he played versus the devils with the exception of one game

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    You say a top two Dman, who are you thinking exactly? honestly I don't know if he's really worth that, his value can't be that high after how he played versus the devils with the exception of one game
    he also came back early from a broken foot and missed the majority of the season with a concussion and other various injuries.

the guy had a throw-away year, plain and simple. it's like Homer said at his press conference: this year was graded as an incomplete for JVR. he needs to come back strong and healthy next year so we can see what we have in him.

vCash
    On a side note......we know Homer is saying all the politically correct things about hoping Richards and Carter make it to the cup finals...but inside he HAS to be hoping that Phoenix beats them. I can't imagine he wants them both to end up there on the same team no less after trading them LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    he also came back early from a broken foot and missed the majority of the season with a concussion and other various injuries.

the guy had a throw-away year, plain and simple. it's like Homer said at his press conference: this year was graded as an incomplete for JVR. he needs to come back strong and healthy next year so we can see what we have in him.
    Yeah I know that, but I think the hip was what was worse, from what I have been told it happened like in October and the surgery would of taken him 5 months or more to recover from but he decided to play through it

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    On a side note......we know Homer is saying all the politically correct things about hoping Richards and Carter make it to the cup finals...but inside he HAS to be hoping that Phoenix beats them. I can't imagine he wants them both to end up there on the same team no less after trading them LOL
    the move may not look so "BRILLIANT" afterall huh? I mean we all know 2-3 players dont make a team but damn, the ultimate goal is to raise Lord Stanley's and they have a great chance of doing so already up 1-0 in that series

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    They also have an amazing group around them, it was just those two here we didn't an axe kopitar or brown around them and of course we didnt and still don't have a quick

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    They also have an amazing group around them, it was just those two here we didn't an axe kopitar or brown around them and of course we didnt and still don't have a quick
    Exactly. Richards had his worst statistical season in his career since the 06-07 season but he also played in 15 less games that season. He took like a 20-30 point dip in production. Carter only played in 16 games for LA (Homer didn't even trade him to LA either so it wasn't really his fault he ended up there) and didn't do much.

I wouldn't feel safe saying the Kings would be on the verge of going to the Stanley Cup, but I would feel safe saying the Kings would have made the playoffs without the addition of Richards and Carter. It's all about that defense and Quick. You switch Quick and Bryzgalov and the Flyers are playing in the ECF, no doubt in my mind.

vCash
    What about the thought of moving Danny b and using that money to sign parise

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Exactly. Richards had his worst statistical season in his career since the 06-07 season but he also played in 15 less games that season. He took like a 20-30 point dip in production. Carter only played in 16 games for LA (Homer didn't even trade him to LA either so it wasn't really his fault he ended up there) and didn't do much.

I wouldn't feel safe saying the Kings would be on the verge of going to the Stanley Cup, but I would feel safe saying the Kings would have made the playoffs without the addition of Richards and Carter. It's all about that defense and Quick. You switch Quick and Bryzgalov and the Flyers are playing in the ECF, no doubt in my mind.
    I feel what you said up until this point.... I would put Any goalie in front of our defense and we still lose to the Devils.

Lack of scoring, lack of defense, lack of coaching. Had pretty much nothing to do with goal tending, your only argument would be that the game winning series winning goal (NJ's 2nd goal in game 5) was on Bryz and his ability to want to play a puck and getting a hilarious bounce in between his MAF hole (for those that dont understand that sorcery 5-hole).

Other then that Bryz played fine. Lavy and the rest of the brady bunch didnt show up (aka the whole freaking roster). Out coached out played, out skated.... but we were not out goal tended.

Although that does not excuse the fact that he got out minded by 80% of the playoff goalies that was frustrating but a lot had to do with the Pitt series.

I would entertain that idea, but tricky part would be who bites on an aging player with a hefty contract that only shows up during playoffs, last 2 years of his resume.

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    When I say top 2 defenseman I meant a top defensive pairing player. Suter, Weber, etc.

When I say top 2 defenseman I meant a top defensive pairing player. Suter, Weber, etc.

JVR 's potential is through the roof and he's what 21? He is nowhere near a bust or underachieving because he has been unhealthy that is probably his biggest knock.

Idk if that's even fathomable. In order to get Parise we would have to really let Jagr walk because Parise is a top line guy and Jags wants a big role next year. He's going to demand between 8 - 8.5M a year. And who would take Danny B's contract for draft picks only because bringing back salary defeats the point. A lot of road blocks. But having Parise would be amazing.
    Phoenix Suns

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    the move may not look so "BRILLIANT" afterall huh? I mean we all know 2-3 players dont make a team but damn, the ultimate goal is to raise Lord Stanley's and they have a great chance of doing so already up 1-0 in that series
    I don't see Carter's soft *** getting out of our D zone against the Devils any better then the guys we had did. With Richards and Carter, imo, we'd have probably lost to the Pens in round 1, rather then the Devs in round two.

Remember, this team was not supposed to finish with 103 points this year. We over achieved with a young, inexperienced team. I still support moving those two guys.

But you had better believe I am cheering for the Coyotes. I'd like to see Richards win a cup, but not this year. That would hurt, a lot.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash
    Idk if that's even fathomable. In order to get Parise we would have to really let Jagr walk because Parise is a top line guy and Jags wants a big role next year. He's going to demand between 8 - 8.5M a year. And who would take Danny B's contract for draft picks only because bringing back salary defeats the point. A lot of road blocks. But having Parise would be amazing.
    I don't think Jagr will be back.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash

JVR 's potential is through the roof and he's what 21? He is nowhere near a bust or underachieving because he has been unhealthy that is probably his biggest knock.

Jagr cannot have a top spot on the team, we need ice time for our younger players, giving it to a parise if we sign him would be different and I highly doubt he gets that much I would say 7 million tops

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    I don't think Jagr will be back.
    Im not saying Jagr was coming back. I was simply stating that the option of Jagr coming would have to automatically be extinguished.

Jagr cannot have a top spot on the team, we need ice time for our younger players, giving it to a parise if we sign him would be different and I highly doubt he gets that much I would say 7 million tops
    I'm 100% in agreement with letting our younger players develop on top lines but you contradict yourself by saying Parise, a player that demands more ice time than Jagr, would be an option for us. It doesn't make sense to me.

And Parise is a top 20 player in the league and the best player on his team. How Suter would get 6, and Parise not get 8 also doesn't make sense.
    Phoenix Suns

Page 16 of 77 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast