Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 77 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    No way in HELL I want Suter for what he would end up costing....heck I would be mad if we offered him 6+

I cannot believe I'm saying this and I'm sure when Ruk reads this he will fall out of his chair... but if Carle is willing to take a discount then give him money. Suter is just a bit better version of Carle. But we would HAVE to go out and bring someone else in I don't care about if Bourdon / Gus / Bart / Laur / Kessel / Manning are ready or in development we need a bigger body like Luke Schenn.

Coburn / Grossman
    Timo / Carle
    Mez / Schenn

then you have all those youngsters to rotate.

But please don't go after Suter.... he will not only get his payday but he will also milk some of our future too, just seems silly for a better version of Carle

And like someone else said on here that goes very under-rated, something I don't think about at all when it comes to Carle. HES so durable.

In a perfect world we would make a trade for Webber instead.
    I would be thrilled if that was the 6 defenseman come October.

vCash
    No way in HELL I want Suter for what he would end up costing....heck I would be mad if we offered him 6+

I cannot believe I'm saying this and I'm sure when Ruk reads this he will fall out of his chair... but if Carle is willing to take a discount then give him money. Suter is just a bit better version of Carle. But we would HAVE to go out and bring someone else in I don't care about if Bourdon / Gus / Bart / Laur / Kessel / Manning are ready or in development we need a bigger body like Luke Schenn.

Coburn / Grossman
    Timo / Carle
    Mez / Schenn

then you have all those youngsters to rotate.

But please don't go after Suter.... he will not only get his payday but he will also milk some of our future too, just seems silly for a better version of Carle

And like someone else said on here that goes very under-rated, something I don't think about at all when it comes to Carle. HES so durable.

In a perfect world we would make a trade for Webber instead.
    Admittedly I haven't seen enough of Suter on a daily basis to give a "we have to have that guy" or "he seems over hyped" type of opinion........but it does seem that with him tabbed as the free agent prize on the defense this year by a number of teams that he could end up being more like Jay (what black hole did you disappear in) Bowmeester......

and funny that you mention Weber...I'm sure at some point in the near future someone will create or re-open a thread about trading for him......but he's the right hand shot that everyone wants and the beast back there.....I dont see it happening.........but you know Homer ends up with something unexpected..would not be surprised at all to see all the press about Suter but have us shake up a deal to snag Weber...it will be a long summer of rumors for sure..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    No, I don't fault Homer for going after a guy like Bryz. But with the contract we gave him it's almost like we were negotiating against ourselves. An eight year No movement clause just seems uneccessary. It's not like anyone cares right now because it's so far away...but in year 3 or 4 this deal has the potential to look awfully bad.

The same concept is Suter....this is almost the same situation as Bryz last year.....everyone wants a defenseman to fix things....Suter, by all accounts, is a solid guy...but if we give him a big overpay or crazy no trade terms then it could be a mess a few years down the road.
    Except it's really not the same at all. Suter isn't a 31 year old goalie, he's a 27 year old defenseman. You will be getting Suter as he enters his prime rather than the last 2-3 years of it. Plus defensemen typically last longer than goalies, discounting injuries. If you give him an 8 year contract, when it's over he will still be younger than Kimmo Timmonen is right now. If Suter is only as good as Timmonen has been the last 2-3 seasons, I would gladly take him for the next 8 years.

I'm not saying he's a must have, but to be able to add an all-star defenseman to an already good group on the blueline would be tremendous. Maybe Weber made him better, I won't say he did or didn't but he's not going to be an all star without having the talent. Pair him with Carle, Timmonen or Meszaros and he's still a very good defenseman and you have 3 very good defensive pairings.
    Last edited by delfinko; 05-11-2012 at 10:02 AM.

vCash
    You want to keep carle who is going to get maybe a million less then Suter a year......and carle sucks if he isn't playing with an all star

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    I think you hold off on Suter this summer. Take the chance Weber signs a 1 yr deal with Nashville and heads to UFA next year, then trade for his rights and give him a blank check next summer.

Bob+ for Schenn. Dooooo it.
    Last edited by smking619; 05-11-2012 at 10:18 AM.
    Prepare to experience sexual magic.

vCash
    You really think they would do that after bobs dismal playoff appearances and average play in the regular season

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    Trade Danny b for grabovski and then bob for schenn! Probably a pick in there as well

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    What's everyone's deal with Schenn? Why is he so desirable? Maybe it was just the way he played against the Flyers, but giving JVR, Briere, Read, a first, or Bob? That all just seems like too much for what I've seen. Add in the fact that he was basically pushed to the number 6 in Toronto, I don't think you need to give that much up for him.

vCash
    I said a two part deal bob and briere for grabovski and schenn, you can probably get schenn for a 2nd rounder at this point like the flyers did with Mezsaros a few years back, I also think he just needs a change of scenery, he's really a very good talent, get him playing with his brother and a better environment, he might blossom.

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    Listen i have no problem keeping / resigning Carle IF we can land a Schenn for Bob trade. Toronto is so butt hurt over a goalie that this could actually work in our favor. I have never had anything against Toronto and would love to see Bob get a chance somewhere. This would mean we would have to sign a backup or even draft a goalie and allow Leighton (cringe) the chance to be the backup.

But please understand Im not saying Suter sucks, its just that hes a better version of Carle who doesnt make as many defensive mistakes. He will cost too much, prob around 6+ million i would say at the least.

Schenn is Coburn 2.0. Remember how we got Coburn and what he has grown into? He is one of our most reliable d-mans out there. Schenn would be the same thing, and hes a better offensive threat then Coburn is. Plus lets not mention how cool it would be to be able to play with your brother again.

And G4MVP if you think Calre gets signed for 1 million less then Suter you're crazy. Suter is a lot better then Carle. But for Suter 6-8 million Carle 4-5 million I take Carle... And use that extra 3 million to lock up Jakub or both Zol + Betts something like that.

No way Toronto takes Dannys contract and plus his NMC he would of course have to waive. I think Homer likes Danny too much to be honest. Hes loved him since day one. Unlike how hes spoke of Carter and Richards.

We need to add a RW for sure as well
    Last edited by fanofphilly; 05-11-2012 at 10:55 AM.

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Carle will get about 5 mill on open market that's why I would rather Suter, and bob for schenn could happen, I still like the thought of grabovski and schenn fir bob and briere

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    Listen I like Grabovski as well as the next person but hes on the books for 5 more years at 5.5m

So why would Toronto trade him for a much worse regular season performer? We all know danny hockey is playoff hockey. So Toronto would be counting on him to perform for them if they make the playoffs? Not sure why they would do that. Danny I gotta believe stays here.

Bob for Schenn straight up is fine, and to be honest I think if Philly was smart they would throw Blake Kessel in that deal to help Burke say "OMG BONER, YES!"

Blake COULD be a solid #3 or at best #2 Dman but he could also very well flop. Thats the thing about it you just never know but Schenn has already proved himself and hes for sure a SOLID #2 / 3 dman. More then fair and if anything we give up a bit more to ensure it gets done.

Carle said he would take a discount to stay here, which i dont know why because fans ride him more then i do lol....but regardless if he gives us 4 million.....as much as i cannot believe im saying this I think I would say ok...

vCash
    Listen I like Grabovski as well as the next person but hes on the books for 5 more years at 5.5m

So why would Toronto trade him for a much worse regular season performer? We all know danny hockey is playoff hockey. So Toronto would be counting on him to perform for them if they make the playoffs? Not sure why they would do that. Danny I gotta believe stays here.

Bob for Schenn straight up is fine, and to be honest I think if Philly was smart they would throw Blake Kessel in that deal to help Burke say "OMG BONER, YES!"

Blake COULD be a solid #3 or at best #2 Dman but he could also very well flop. Thats the thing about it you just never know but Schenn has already proved himself and hes for sure a SOLID #2 / 3 dman. More then fair and if anything we give up a bit more to ensure it gets done.

Carle said he would take a discount to stay here, which i dont know why because fans ride him more then i do lol....but regardless if he gives us 4 million.....as much as i cannot believe im saying this I think I would say ok...
    Oh **** that, I didn't know grabovski signed a new deal yet

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    I had to post this ..

Quote Originally Posted by rotoworld:
    The media scrutiny Ilya Bryzgalov faced in Philadelphia might have caught him off-guard this season.
    "What I lived through this season I wouldn't wish to an enemy," Bryzgalov said. ". . . I need to keep working. I understand the fans. They paid their money and want the show. But many forget that we are not robots, but living people. We have feelings, worries." Bryzgalov said that he now knows what it's like to be a goaltender in Philadelphia, but he doesn't plan to give in, especially given that he's signed through the 2019-20 campaign.
    more quotes

"We have an excellent team," Bryzgalov said. "All the guys are good, the management is great. But there is a lot of negativity surrounding the team. You did everything you could on the ice, you go to the locker room and someone yells some nonsense at your back. They're ready to eat you alive. It's unpleasant, because we are all people.

"You should understand that I am not speaking out against the fans. Philadelphia has great fans. They are the majority. They are always with the team in difficult times."

whole article HERE - actually a good little read

now the we have "feelings" things is a bit scary lol... but this is what i have been saying from the get go...many times. He came from PHX..the media there is nothing compared to Philly.... and considering the season he had and the "stretch of amazing" goaltending which saved his season he still finished with a .909 which is not GREAT but considering the defense he had in front of him for some time there not too shabby

we cannot give up on him yet...that would be a very stupid thing to do. better days are ahead of us with Bryz!

vCash
    Agreed, I think he will regain his form he had with the coyotes and we will be much more confident in him, but the d needs to solidifyed.

FLYERS/EAGLES

Page 12 of 77 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast