Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    vCash
    It's about the town to ya know, not just the money.

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
    It's about the town to ya know, not just the money.
    Ummm yeah I understand that we are a great hockey town, but so is Detroit and we have less money available then them...

So thats two reasons for them to sign with the Wings and not us...I do believe that the Wings are our only competition after July 1...as well as Parise too because we will most likely be linked to him as well
    Philadelphia Flyers Philadelphia Phillies
    Seattle Seahawks Cincinnati Bengals
    Phoenix Suns
    Notre Dame Fighting Irish Kansas Jayhawks

vCash
    I doubt we will really go after him, he's the captain of a rival team and has said if they go far into the post season which they have he would stay put in NJ, now Suter we can afford as long as we let carle and kubina go which I would in a heartbeat cuz both have decently big flaws, now it depends what Suter wants obviously so it's not as much about the money as you think.

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    tim pannacio or how ever you spell his name said the flyers will go and get the rights to sutter on daily news live today and it will cost them several first round picks plus a young defensemen like gust....They said they will have to give up a ton plus a big contract because Detroit and others will go hard for him

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    they also said that Holmgren said it isn't just the defense but the offense that is hurting the goaltending as well... He was talking about the lavi system and said the way we play hurts our defense and appearently Lavi wasn't to happy about it...Any one else see this and can tell me what was actually said because I missed this part.

Also he said bryz needs to be less of a funny guy and focus more on stopping pucks...He said there is a line that needs to be there and he is a great guy and fun to talk to but needs to get his head in it.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Yeah I saw all that, and the surgeries on like half the team too lol

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
    I doubt we will really go after him, he's the captain of a rival team and has said if they go far into the post season which they have he would stay put in NJ, now Suter we can afford as long as we let carle and kubina go which I would in a heartbeat cuz both have decently big flaws, now it depends what Suter wants obviously so it's not as much about the money as you think.
    All I said was we would be linked to Parise thats it...he is out of reach because he will command such a demanding salary...

I honestly dont like the idea of giving away a ton of first round picks and a top defensive prospect to gain Suter...look at the team we have now, we are youthful and our window isnt closing anytime soon...sure we will lose Kimo, Harts, and Briere soon but we dont need to ship the farm for one man that probably wont send us over the top...
    Philadelphia Flyers Philadelphia Phillies
    Seattle Seahawks Cincinnati Bengals
    Phoenix Suns
    Notre Dame Fighting Irish Kansas Jayhawks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Then-Most View Post
    tim pannacio or how ever you spell his name said the flyers will go and get the rights to sutter on daily news live today and it will cost them several first round picks plus a young defensemen like gust....They said they will have to give up a ton plus a big contract because Detroit and others will go hard for him
    That seems like an awful lot for a UFA-to-be's rights, maybe if that came with the guarantee of the Flyers signing him, I could see it; but the past two players' rights Homer traded for (Bryz and Hamhuis) only cost 2 AHLers and 2 3rd round picks.
    Prepare to experience sexual magic.

vCash
    I doubt they would do that unless the trade has a clause were it would only go thru if Suter signs or not

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    read that Homer is negotiating to sign Matt Carle "under his market value"

sounds like Carle likes it in Philly and will take a pay cut to stay here. Now it wouldn't surprise me if he signs a contract that mirrors Coburn's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaddNewz View Post
    I agree that Bryz's contract doesnt reflect his worth, but is he not arguably still a top 10 goalie?

I dont want to argue about who the top 10 goalies are in the NHL but here is a rough list no particular order:

1.Lunqvist
    2.Rinne
    3.Quick
    4.Thomas
    5.Smith
    6.Fleury
    7.Elliot
    8.Howard
    9.Bryzgalov
    10.Miller/Halak/Schneider

Before Bryz our goaltenders couldnt sneeze at being considered a top 10 talent in the league...I cant discredit Homer for thinking he solves his goalie situation...

I thought team chemistry was the issue with Carts/Richie? Not the apparent collapse in front of the goalie...
    No, I don't fault Homer for going after a guy like Bryz. But with the contract we gave him it's almost like we were negotiating against ourselves. An eight year No movement clause just seems uneccessary. It's not like anyone cares right now because it's so far away...but in year 3 or 4 this deal has the potential to look awfully bad.

The same concept is Suter....this is almost the same situation as Bryz last year.....everyone wants a defenseman to fix things....Suter, by all accounts, is a solid guy...but if we give him a big overpay or crazy no trade terms then it could be a mess a few years down the road.

vCash
    Hate sayin it cuz of how hard he fell apart during the Devil's series but, I say re-sign Jagr. I loved seein him set Giroux up all season and loved seein him stick it to the Penguins. Brought a tear of joy to my eye. Give em another go, whaddya say.

Let Carle and Kubina walk. Man did I think Kubina would bring offense to this team and was faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar away from anything remotley right about that. Wrote paragraphs and paragraphs on it too. Wrong as hell. I'll never get those paragraphs back, gentlemen. It's something I'll have to shamefully bear all the way to my grave....

Where was I now.....oh yeah ******* goes, Carle goes, Jagr stays. Though since I just said it that means it won't happen, like every one of my predictions of seasons past (Flyers will acquire Ray Bourque, Adam Oates will win a Stanley Cup in a Flyer's sweater, Kirby Law will make record numbers as a Flyer etc etc).

God save me Jesus, and save the people from those my absurdly false predictions which may fall upon the ears of these whom are but innocent hockey fans. Have them remain deaf to my drunken banter of useless information. Forgive me father.

vCash
    Honestly we dont need anymore bad contracts. Soon we will be relieved of Kimmo, although has played great but is killing our cap, along with Briere, although come playoff time is worth every penny. I am all for improvements but we need wise improvements. On D I would love Sutter, but is he worth 7-10 yrs at 6 to 7 million, I dont think so, what has he done to deserve it. Weber different story. I on the other hand would rather go after D guys like Brad Stuart (Det) or Dennis Wiedman (WSh) or Johnny Oduya (Chi) how has played in our division. With the same money you can sign two players of this Caliber and pair one with Mez and one with Kimmo. Then if you want a presence and a veteran to come in a lead this team if Pronger cant play, which realisticlly he is finished. I would sign Shane Doan or Ray Whitney, Jagr was great but you can see the writing on the wall, when he was complaining about playing time and line changes. Maybe bringing in an old teamate may help Bryz. these are moves that wont put us in cap hell and fill more then one problem.

A quick list of veteran players that help improve teams this season
    Arnott and Langenbrunner in (STL)
    Jagr
    Madden (Fla)
    Sykora (NJ)
    These are players that took cap friendly contracts and produced, anther player that would be a nice pick up would be Morrow from (Dallas), so lets stop bringing in high priced talent with cap killing contracts. Lets bring in guys that can play major roles and sign friendly contracts.

Last opinion if we are to break the bank and try to sign a top FA I prefer Priase then Sutter. I will take Stuart, Wiedman, that type of D-man.

vCash
    Just after listening to the comments on the press conferences and interviews again this morning....the comments about wanting Jagr back seem a little too politically correct to me. It's like opposite day as far as Jagr and Carle go...I would have expected there to be more positivity about a Jagr return and less about Carle....it seemed like Holmgren had the opposite message.

It seems obvious the writing is on the wall that we add an impact defenseman.....so in reality you would think that has to spell the end of someone on the back line there ....otherwise if they go sign a Suter or someone else then you'd be looking at a third pairing of Mez and Carle.........if the cap goes up enough to allow us to make a strong sign without giving up anything then that's probably what we'll have to do. In order to make opportunity for Bartulis or Gus someone would have to be dealt...or Carle walks..but Homers comments on Carle were surprising..so who knows

vCash
    No way in HELL I want Suter for what he would end up costing....heck I would be mad if we offered him 6+

I cannot believe I'm saying this and I'm sure when Ruk reads this he will fall out of his chair... but if Carle is willing to take a discount then give him money. Suter is just a bit better version of Carle. But we would HAVE to go out and bring someone else in I don't care about if Bourdon / Gus / Bart / Laur / Kessel / Manning are ready or in development we need a bigger body like Luke Schenn.

Coburn / Grossman
    Timo / Carle
    Mez / Schenn

then you have all those youngsters to rotate.

But please don't go after Suter.... he will not only get his payday but he will also milk some of our future too, just seems silly for a better version of Carle

And like someone else said on here that goes very under-rated, something I don't think about at all when it comes to Carle. HES so durable.

In a perfect world we would make a trade for Webber instead.

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

Page 11 of 77 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast