Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2767757677
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1150
    vCash
    We don't discuss here, we beat a dead horse. Shea Weber and Hartnell aren't even FAs. What is the point about discussing either at this point, especially considering Hartnell is coming off a career year and his chemistry with Giroux (and the rest of the team for that matter) is undeniable.

If we are here to actually 'discuss', let's discuss something worthwhile: Ilya for an entire year with peanuts behind him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    if Shea Weber hits the open market ... 9 million/year is the starting price for his services ... he might get the max a 10 year/100 million dollar contract ... or 15 years/150 million ...

the cap hit for him is going to be worth it and astronomical
    You're right. My saying the I was trying to hit the high end on the cap statement was actually inaccurate with respect to Weber (and now Voracek), but regardless, if you end up giving them that extra 1 million per you still have plenty of room to maintain our young core.

vCash
    Voracek is a must sign for this season....What he deserves in salary is debatable....Does he deserve Teddy Purcell/JVR type money? Will Holmgren pay him on potential? Or would a deal at $3.5 seem more reasonable for a guy who has only hit the 50 point mark once...and has never scored more then 18 goals in a season...

I hope both sides come to an agreement and get this thing all settled well before training camp...

Regardless after watching him perform in the playoffs, I think he's on the verge of a breakout season....sound familiar?
    Last edited by MMC1710; 07-13-2012 at 01:56 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elate View Post
    We don't discuss here, we beat a dead horse. Shea Weber and Hartnell aren't even FAs. What is the point about discussing either at this point, especially considering Hartnell is coming off a career year and his chemistry with Giroux (and the rest of the team for that matter) is undeniable.

If we are here to actually 'discuss', let's discuss something worthwhile: Ilya for an entire year with peanuts behind him.
    Leighton is a better backup than Bob. I'm happy for Bob to hopefully get a chance to play 60ish games. He needs it if he's going to develop. That said, he was typically terrible coming into games in relief, and he just isn't as good as everyone on here is making him out to be. He's got a lot of potential, but like everyone says about Bryz, Bob seems to have mental lapses in every single game and in my opinion he actually gives up more softies.

vCash

The Official Flyers 2012 Offseason Thread

Just left the prospect game in Vorhees, couldn't see much but here's what I picked up.

Stolarz- needs A LOT of time and work. Maybe after 4 years playing college, he'll be more polished. He's so sloppy, just goes down hoping the puck is under him. On a side note, he's so tall when he's standing up, his 5-hole almost reaches the crossbar.

TVR- obvious he's there for his last name

Leier- no idea if I spelled his name right, never heard of him before, but he looked impressive offensively. Great skating and passing

Laughton- nobody trash that draft pick anymore, this kid looks sharp. In the defensive zone, he pursued the puck like a pro. Offensively, he drives to the net like JVR. Honestly Laughton looks like a clone of Schenn.

Didnt see Cousins or Lauridsen get tested much, sadly
    Last edited by Randall Stevens; 07-14-2012 at 11:26 AM.

vCash
    So that means we are going two Mike Richards.. yay..

This is why I watch soccer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Ninja View Post
    So that means we are going two Mike Richards.. yay..
    I don't like the Mike Richards comparison that everyone uses. I always thought Richards was all about his defense, and on offense he got by on effort and determination. I think Schenn has more power/skill on offense. And that's what I saw from Laughton today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    Just left the prospect game in Vorhees, couldn't see much but here's what I picked up.

Stolarz- needs A LOT of time and work. Maybe after 4 years playing college, he'll be more polished. He's so sloppy, just goes down hoping the puck is under him. On a side note, he's so tall when he's standing up, his 5-hole almost reaches the crossbar.

TVR- obvious he's there for his last name

Leier- no idea if I spelled his name right, never heard of him before, but he looked impressive offensively. Great skating and passing

Laughton- nobody trash that draft pick anymore, this kid looks sharp. In the defensive zone, he pursued the puck like a pro. Offensively, he drives to the net like JVR. Honestly Laughton looks like a clone of Schenn.

Didnt see Cousins or Lauridsen get tested much, sadly
    So he doesn't drive to the net?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    I don't like the Mike Richards comparison that everyone uses. I always thought Richards was all about his defense, and on offense he got by on effort and determination. I think Schenn has more power/skill on offense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elate View Post
    So he doesn't drive to the net?
    ok ok ok ok ok, let me rephrase

he drives to the net like JVR when JVR didn't have his period

Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2767757677