Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Homer's playing with fire if he moves ANOTHER player before the extension kicks in....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by claymaker52 View Post
    Actually hartnell's final year is a 3.2 million because his contract was slightly front loaded. You can find his information at spotrac.com
    No..his actually salary is 3.2 million because of the way his deal was structured...but his actual cap hit is still 4.2 because that averages over the life of the frontloaded dollars.

vCash
    if we could find a way to bring Parise in that would be awesome but I just dont see it, i feel he will get around 7-8 in the open market dont think we can compete with that in anyway. We have bigger needs.... but that would be sick

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    like it, but you forgot matt read.
    Damn, I sure did......I'm blaming that on the playoff depression that was preventing me from thinking clearly......

and yes, I agree with your other post........Read could very well end up being that Patrick Sharp guy. Based on what we are paying the guy he's a strong value right now...with our cap situation it makes NO sense to move him. You can plug him in on any line and he fits.

vCash
    A brad Boyes could be a nice pickup, he didn't play well this season and cause of that he might be cheap instead of the 4million he got from buffalo, another forward I personally like is Keith aucoin from Washington, And another good solid player is Daniel paille, now for defense we could target a few people, obviously Suter but for that to happen we must let carle and kubina walk, Brad stuart, Dennis wideman, also good options.
    Last edited by Giroux 4 MVP; 05-10-2012 at 08:22 AM.

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC1710 View Post
    Homer's playing with fire if he moves ANOTHER player before the extension kicks in....
    My thoughts exactly. His reputation among players and their agents will be forever ruined if he moves Bryz/JVR/Coburn/Grossman this offseason. Would be a public relations disaster. No free agent would take him seriously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
    A brad Boyes could be a nice pickup, he didn't play well this season and cause of that he might be cheap instead of the 4million he got from buffalo, another forward I personally like is Keith aucoin from Washington, And another good solid player is Daniel paille, now for defense we could target a few people, obviously Suter but for that to happen we must let carle and kubina walk, Brad stuart, Dennis wideman, also good options.
    brad stuart is a no for me, simply b/c he's LH. they can't keep grabbing lefties. at some point they need to get a RH shot. wideman and boyes are both RH, so they would work. boyes you may be able to get for less, but that's even really a stretch. wideman made over $3.8 mil this season, so i'm not sure you're gonna be able to get him for anything less than $4.5 mil, especially with other teams out there that can offer more money.

My thoughts exactly. His reputation among players and their agents will be forever ruined if he moves Bryz/JVR/Coburn/Grossman this offseason. Would be a public relations disaster. No free agent would take him seriously.
    yeah i understand this. i don't think he'll move JVR, but i guess after last summer i don't really know what to expect.

vCash
    I think someone will be moved I think they need to

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    brad stuart is a no for me, simply b/c he's LH. they can't keep grabbing lefties. at some point they need to get a RH shot. wideman and boyes are both RH, so they would work. boyes you may be able to get for less, but that's even really a stretch. wideman made over $3.8 mil this season, so i'm not sure you're gonna be able to get him for anything less than $4.5 mil, especially with other teams out there that can offer more money.

yeah i understand this. i don't think he'll move JVR, but i guess after last summer i don't really know what to expect.
    True...Homer always seems to have some unexpected move up his sleeve that you just never saw coming....however, I don't see JVR being in that same mould of Richie/Carts that Homer felt necessary to restructure the makeup of the team. ..... for all the rumors being pressed all year I think he's pretty safe

vCash
    Anyone else dealing with toxically obnoxious Devils fans on their Facebook?

I've got a couple I'd like to bludgeon with a ball peen hammer...

Anyway, Parise is a guy who could take us to the next level. He's been there, he's got the goods, andhe'd be an awesome influence on our youngsters, especially since it seems like Pronger is likely finished (which makes me want to cry, but that's for another thread...).

I'd go after him with all we've got and bring in 1-2 marginally-priced, decent-yield D-Men. With Parise on board, our D gets stronger from front-to-back. Not saying we don't need another top D, I'd just rather have Parise.

And his ****ing infuriating forechecking ability. Bastard.
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

vCash
    You know...I've been thinking about that whole concept and I'm still on the fence about how much of an issue that would be. Firstly I don't see Coburn/Grossman or Bryz getting moved this offseason. But lets' just say for arguements sake that JVR gets moved for someone. If there is a skeptical player or agent out there I don't think it's too difficult for Homer to explain why it was necessary for the trend of moving extended guys like Carter, Richards and JVR. The fact is that it's still a business and a contract is a two way street and if we traded JVR all three of those moves are easy enough to explain to any concerned potential signee.

JVR is a more difficult read because of his apparent injury situations...but you can easily make the case for all three that they either by performance, attitude, leadership and effect on team performance none of them were starting to live up to their contracts......a bit hasty on the decions perhaps...but it's not a stretch to explain that rationaly..

No examples are coming to mind in any of the major sports of guys who signed long term deals that were earning their contract and got traded.......In fact there are probably a ton more examples the other way of guys who signed the long term security deal and then asked to be traded because the team wasnt' performing to what they wanted.........seems like that will probably work out for Rick Nash over the summer.

My first thought was always about that perception of trading too many guys like that...but I don't know..after thinking about it I don't really see that being a big issue really. If there is someone that we feel like we just have to have then I'm sure there will be some sort of no trade clauses or something to give the player security.....the Bryz contract a prime example of that....

I don't really see it being an obstacle in getting a deal done with anyone.
    Last edited by Hatch; 05-10-2012 at 11:13 AM.

vCash
    Imagine like a JVR and first rounder for schenn and grabovski

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Anyone else dealing with toxically obnoxious Devils fans on their Facebook?

I've got a couple I'd like to bludgeon with a ball peen hammer...

Anyway, Parise is a guy who could take us to the next level. He's been there, he's got the goods, andhe'd be an awesome influence on our youngsters, especially since it seems like Pronger is likely finished (which makes me want to cry, but that's for another thread...).

I'd go after him with all we've got and bring in 1-2 marginally-priced, decent-yield D-Men. With Parise on board, our D gets stronger from front-to-back. Not saying we don't need another top D, I'd just rather have Parise.

And his ****ing infuriating forechecking ability. Bastard.
    They don't need to add to the offense at all. They we're the 2nd highest scorring team in the league this past year and that's with these young guys still developing. Fore checking is more effort, and want to than anything and I think our guys just didn't show up in this series. The resources should be spent getting another body on the back end. Suter? Weber? both of those guys are probably unrealistic. Be creative trade for a guy like Luke Schenn who is a right handed shot which we really need on the back end and can develop into that top guy. Other options could be Jack Johnson if he wants out or Erik Johnson. I really hope they look to improve that d it was atrocious in both series really.

vCash
    I think Jagr is either going to sign with another team or retire, I know he liked it here but he's going to want the same amount of money which I don't think we can afford to give him

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
    Imagine like a JVR and first rounder for schenn and grabovski
    No offense, but that's a pretty awful idea. I know I wouldn't give up JVR or a first for Schenn straight up, and I don't think I'd give up either of them for Grabovski straight up either. Maybe JVR OR a first for Schenn and Grabovski, but I certainly would not want to see the Flyers give up both JVR and a first for them.

Maybe I'm overvaluing JVR or undervaluing both of them, but none of those 3 players is worth a first right now.

Page 8 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast