Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 77 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyPhan8790 View Post
    What rights? He's unrestricted.
    You can still trade the his rights before July 1; the team trading for them would have the chance to negotiate a new deal with him prior to the start of free agency. The Flyers did that with Bryz last year (to their considerable detriment, as it turned out).

vCash
    dont think I posted my ideal roster yet, I'll go

[I'd try to accomplish any 2 of the following moves]

-First, find a way to put Bob in the AHL, if you cannot, then loan him to Europe to play (which also takes his salary off the books). He needs 60 games a season. He will be a terrific goaltender when he's 28, I just hope we have him then.

-Sign Al Montoya (UFA) to backup Bryz.

-Go for the NYI double and get P-A Parenteau (UFA) (or at least a player of his type/salary)

-Dump Hartnell or Briere salary, after asking them very politely to waive their NMC. Just like Gagne and Kubina did.

-Pursue Sutter. If unsuccessful, find someone else. Maybe Jack Johnson doesn't like the weather in Ohio, maybe a trade for him involving Hartnell or Briere. Two birds with one stone there.

-If there is somehow money left, look at Luke Schenn

- Stop interfering with their development. top 3 centers should be Giroux - Schenn - Couturier

JVR - G - Simmonds
    Briere/Hartnell - Schenn - Voracek
    Read - Couts - Parenteau
    Wellwood - Talbot - Sestito/Rinaldo

Coburn - Grossmann
    Timonen - Sutter/Johnson
    Mez - Gus/Schenn

Bryz
    Montoya
    Last edited by Randall Stevens; 05-09-2012 at 05:51 PM.

vCash
    First thing we need to do is hid Giroux from Homer. ...just to be safe.
    [IMG]http://********.com/image.php?u=80452&type=sigpic&dateline=1310177540[/IMG]
    Remember

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smking619 View Post
    Can't they go 10% over the cap for a certain amount of time?
    What's 10% of the cap? 60 million give or take a few million?

vCash

Bob

Is there any chance that if we do stuff bob in the AHL one way or another that we can sign back leighton for low money to back up bryz next season? It would be nice to have a backup with playoff experience

vCash
    Bob would have to clear waivers which isn't likely

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    Let Jagr go.

TRADE JVR FOR ANYTHING TO FREE CAP SPACE

Do not sign Suter (not worth the 6 million he will need)

Trade Hartnell (anyone can score 30 goals with G passing the puck to them) while his value is very high

Zach Parise is my target

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redrooster View Post
    Aren't you supposed to be in school right now?? I have been a Flyers fan LONGER than you have been alive so let's not assume I'm a casual fan. Listen Mr. expert, a cancer to a team is EVERYTHING Bryzgalov has been! He's a distraction, he gets down on himself when he doesn't play well and he makes it public. Which adversely effects the entire team! He is an embarassment to the team and to the league with his play and his crazy comments! Now THAT my friend is a cancer!! ..... As for trading him, I know it's very unlikely but the biggest obstacle won't be his contract, it will be the fact that he's a head case and a cancer and no team wants that! It certainly is worth a shot however to try and get rid of him in the off season! ... Now that you have been schooled you can pack your lunch and get to school!
    You're wrong on every level. A "cancer" is a player whos attitude and antics disrupt the entire locker room to the point where players don't want to play with the individual who is the cancer. While bryzgalov is nutty and quite frankly absolutely crazy, his attitude towards the media has no direct effect on his teammates and I bet you any money if you asked every flyer player they will tell you they love the guy....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Hartnell has one more year of a 4.2 mill cap hit.....for what he did this year that's a good value. No need to worry about his NEXT contract yet.....Flyers can wait and see what happens next year. If he continues to put up strong numbers he'll bet set for a good contract...if he falls backwards then they can let him walk at the end of next year. At this point with combination of physical play and goals he put up he's hard to replace. IMO
    Actually hartnell's final year is a 3.2 million because his contract was slightly front loaded. You can find his information at spotrac.com

vCash
    Any chance homer finds a way to bring in Parise?

vCash
    more than anything, the Flyers need to find a way to get some RH defensemen. i'm not sure why they have fallen in love with lefties, but aside from Kubina and Manning, literally EVERY defensemen they have either on the roster or in the AHL is LH.

Tocchet brought up an interesting point on DNL today; he said the devils made it a point to dump to the left side of the ice, forcing the lefty defensemen to go into the corners on their back-hand. the Rangers had that same tactic. this is one reason why their forechecks were so effective against the Flyers.

they need to get some RH defensemen in here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allphillyman359 View Post
    no. he'd be a great addition; i love the way he plays.

he's simply not a necessity at this point. a lot would have to go down in order for them to create the space to get him; not to mention you'd basically have to dismiss all their defensive needs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by claymaker52 View Post
    Actually hartnell's final year is a 3.2 million because his contract was slightly front loaded. You can find his information at spotrac.com
    That's his actual salary for the year. His cap hit is more and is what everyone is refering to. Check out capgeek.com its usually pretty damn good at showing you the breakdown for each team.

vCash
    Cap hit is 4.2, you cannot move him, I would consider moving JVR and briere and that's it

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allphillyman359 View Post
    There's ways but then the d would not be helped in any way

FLYERS/EAGLES

Page 7 of 77 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast