Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 77 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
    Guys we have a crazy young team, this was a first year for many of them, they will get better and stronger. Now here is my list for the offseason.

1.) DO NOT RESIGN KUBINA OR CARLE
    Unless kuby takes a huge paycut I don't want him, sub par Dman at his age, now carle is goi to want a large increase probably too about 4.5 million which is not worth it which leads me to number two on my list

2.) Sign Suter with the money gained from not resigning either kuby or carle, having Suter would make our d pairs greater, Suter-Timonen Coburn-Grossmann Meszaros-Bourdon/Gust

3.) Trade JVR, I feel for the kid, I liked him a lot but he needs a change of scenery and his cap hit increasing by almost 3 million and him getting paid more then giroux needs to be changed, move him while his stock is high, maybe trade him to Toronto for grabovski or something like that

4.) Resign Voracek, sestito, bourdon, Harry z

5.) Explore moving bob, move him while value is still high, bryz played well enough for us to move farther team faltered in the end not him

6.) Resign Jagr only if he takes a small paycut, was almost completely useless in playoffs

7.) Explore moving briere, he's a great playoff player but he just isn't worth 6 million plus during the reg season

Thoughts?

1.) Couldn't agree with you more. Kubina never appeared interested in being on this squad...good riddance....Carle will want too much money...JVR, Grossman, Coburn already eat that money Carle would've been slated to make next season...
    2.) As it stand for next season....without including any cap increase/decrease....we only have about $3 million in room to get things done. So Suter is not a possibility barring trades/retirements/etc...
    3.) I'm inclined to give JVR one more season. He had an injury plagued season. If he is given a chance to gain some chemistry on a line with regular linemates....he may develop into something...
    4.) Re-sign Voracek, Zolniercyzk, and Bourdon....I'm on the fence about Sestito....
    5.) If Bryz can show me that this season was just familiarizing himself with our system and our city....then I'd be all for moving Bob, but what do you back Bryz up with? Bacashihua?
    6.) I think Jagr was starting to wear down about a month before the playoffs....He may realize that his style of play has passed by...younger guys are bigger, stronger, and faster and his puck protection isn't what it used to be. Grant it for 40...he had a helluva season...and I think he taught G and the rest of the young guys ALOT this season....I wouldn't give him $3 million again.
    7.) In order to move Briere do you ask him for a list of, say, 7 teams he'd be willing to accept a trade to? He has a full NMC which makes trading him, burying him in the minors almost impossible....if they could do it....I would. Again the young guys that are here now are more then up to the challenge to supply his missing offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    Briere, Hartnell and timonen are not going anywhere. You can dream all you want about trading these guys but their contracts will not allow it. The same with Bryz. As far as Bob he is quick post to post, gives up the upper part of the net and has a slow glove hand. If they can get something for him do it. They need a quality backup just in case Bryz has a mental breakdown. They did sign a kid from Ohio state that is a big goalie but he's a couple of years away most likely.
    Kubina was a rental. Carle may price himself out. Jagr is too old. Thanks for a decent season and good luck in the future!
    The Flyers need to add a veteran with leadership abilities on forward and defense. Does anyone know how much money they will have available next season if Jagr and Carle don't sign and Pronger goes on LTIR?

If Pronger goes on LTIR his contract will free up a lil more then $4.9 million. I don't think that money becomes available until the start of the season. So the offseason Holmgren has to go under the assumption that the team only has a little more then $3 million to play with player-wise...but I could be mistaken....that how I understood it from last year with Laperriere
    Last edited by MMC1710; 05-09-2012 at 04:05 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    well its a pretty long read but THIS is how i feel CLICK ME

I put some time into making this so please take a look and a read lemme know
    aside from the misspellings, interesting read.

like someone said before, you had me until the kessel trade. that's just simply not gonna happen.

vCash
    LOL yeah man again was just throwing something out there... I know the Leafs build their team around Kessel....was just saying having 2 sets of brothers would be awesome...and yes, I suck at spelling and even grammar, its my own language. lol

but really i cannot wait until July 1st.

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    well its a pretty long read but THIS is how i feel CLICK ME

I put some time into making this so please take a look and a read lemme know

It was a good article.

I saw how you put in there we should have about 11 million in space (can't count Pronger's money just yet) after all the UFA's and RFA's are let go or not re-signed....and I know you didn't factor in raises and extensions....but they've already signed almost all of that to Schenn (if he plays a complete season), Coburn, Grossman, and JVR. Leaving roughly $3 million to play with.

Then the problem is because they're so close to the upper limit of the cap (as it would stand this season) the way I'm understanding LTIR is they take Pronger's cap hit ($4.9M) and subtract the space availble ($3M)and that's what they can exceed the cap by a player addition....$1.9M...so with Pronger going on LTIR they gain almost an extra $2M in cap space. So once play begins they would have roughly $5 million in cap space.

vCash
    I also don't understand why so many people keep saying, "Oh, Kubina's coming off the books."

He was here for a month, he was hardly on the books at all (I think about $1 million against the cap).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    I also don't understand why so many people keep saying, "Oh, Kubina's coming off the books."

He was here for a month, he was hardly on the books at all (I think about $1 million against the cap).
    because the version of the cap we get to easily refer to does not show pro-rated cap hits. We speak in terms of the 82 game cap once a player is added or removed. If we wanted to do pro-rated or included bonuses and be that accurate, we'd need Homer on speed dial

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyPhan8790 View Post
    Let Kubina and Jagr walk. If Carle will stay for 2.5, you're a straight dumbass if you don't want him back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Donnie View Post
    Why would he take a pay cut? You're a dumbass if you think he's taking $2.5 when he makes $3.8.. Everyone would want him back for that price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
    Carle is going to want maybe around 4.2 if he stays here but knowing the open market someone will over pay on him like Leino last year and he could get 5 million in the open market
    Write it down now, I assure you Carle will get 5.5 million, or close to it, if he hits the market. He's a skating defensemen that can contribute to offense, and (for reasons I will never understand) thats incredibly desirable to certain teams, especially on the West Coast.

But like someone mentioned earlier, Carle is not injury prone, and thats huge for a skating defensemen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    because the version of the cap we get to easily refer to does not show pro-rated cap hits. We speak in terms of the 82 game cap once a player is added or removed. If we wanted to do pro-rated or included bonuses and be that accurate, we'd need Homer on speed dial
    CapGeek doesn't have the prorated amount, but NHLNumbers does.

Either way, you can't think of it in terms of "oh, well Kubina leaving frees up $4 million."

vCash
    Write it down now, I assure you Carle will get 5.5 million, or close to it, if he hits the market. He's a skating defensemen that can contribute to offense, and (for reasons I will never understand) thats incredibly desirable to certain teams, especially on the West Coast.

But like someone mentioned earlier, Carle is not injury prone, and thats huge for a skating defensemen.
    This is why I say trade his rights...he is definitely a hot commodity in the league
    Philadelphia Flyers Philadelphia Phillies
    Seattle Seahawks Cincinnati Bengals
    Phoenix Suns
    Notre Dame Fighting Irish Kansas Jayhawks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    Briere, Hartnell and timonen are not going anywhere. You can dream all you want about trading these guys but their contracts will not allow it. The same with Bryz. As far as Bob he is quick post to post, gives up the upper part of the net and has a slow glove hand. If they can get something for him do it. They need a quality backup just in case Bryz has a mental breakdown. They did sign a kid from Ohio state that is a big goalie but he's a couple of years away most likely.
    Kubina was a rental. Carle may price himself out. Jagr is too old. Thanks for a decent season and good luck in the future!
    The Flyers need to add a veteran with leadership abilities on forward and defense. Does anyone know how much money they will have available next season if Jagr and Carle don't sign and Pronger goes on LTIR?
    If Jagr and Carle walk, and Voracek is signed for 3,000,000 (about right)...
    Before the Pronger goes on LTIR, this team has only $81,000 in cap space

The Pronger money is not available until after the season starts, Which means they cant use it to sign players in FA, which means if you want to sign any free agents, you'll be asking either Briere, Hartnell, or Timonen to waive their NMC just like Gagne did...

you can free up 1.1 million by sending Shelley to the AHL
    Last edited by Randall Stevens; 05-09-2012 at 05:03 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BaddNewz View Post
    This is why I say trade his rights...he is definitely a hot commodity in the league
    What rights? He's unrestricted.

Also... I think Lappy's contract expires this off-season too.

vCash

I was being relatively sarcastic when I said 2.5M. He's lookin to get close to what Wisniewski got. We know he's not worth that kind of money but good for him for playing well enough because someones gonna give it to him.

vCash
    I think a big wildcard to what the team will do this offseason is what (if any) changes are made to the CBA regarding contracts, i.e. 35+ rules, amnesty, renegotiating contracts to reduce cap hit.

Most of what I'd like to see jives with what everyone else is saying, of note:

1. Let Carle and Kubina walk
    2. Make a competitive play for Suter; if not Suter try to get a puck mover like Dennis Wideman
    3. Re-sign Voracek
    4. Re-sign Jagr if he takes a pay cut
    5. Maximize what you can get for Bob: maybe the loser of the Luongo sweepstakes would want him?
    6. Try to move Briere/Hartnell/JVR

The defense needs an upgrade for sure. Timonen can't be the anchor anymore, and Pronger isn't coming back. Bryzgalov excelled in Anaheim and Phoenix with strong defense in front of him. He's a headcase that we're stuck with for the next 8 years, so he has to be as comfortable as possible. The experience Gus and Bourdon got this year will definitely help them moving forward next year. Although, maybe you don't blow your load on a defenseman this year and when Kimmo's contract is up, you make a big play for Weber in 2013?
    Prepare to experience sexual magic.

vCash
    If Jagr and Carle walk, and Voracek is signed for 3,000,000 (about right)...
    Before the Pronger goes on LTIR, this team has only $81,000 in cap space

The Pronger money is not available until after the season starts, Which means they cant use it to sign players in FA, which means if you want to sign any free agents, you'll be asking either Briere, Hartnell, or Timonen to waive their NMC just like Gagne did...

you can free up 1.1 million by sending Shelley to the AHL
    Can't they go 10% over the cap for a certain amount of time?
    Prepare to experience sexual magic.

Page 6 of 77 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast