Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by delfinko View Post
    Everyone was with you at the beginning of the year, we were all but calling for his head. His game expanded this year for sure; he grabbed a leadership role, his passing got better and he took far fewer bad penalties than in the past, but with that said, I still think he makes too much for what he brings to the team.
    Let's not forget that Hartnell's increased production this year was a direct result of the line he was on. He's a good player don't get me wrong, but it's hard to believe he puts up the same numbers when not paired with G and Jags. i would like to see Jags return, agreed at a cheaper salary. It's hard to say they should trade Danny, his playoff stats alone are enough to keep around, most of all he is consistent in the playoffs. Defense is by far the biggest concern on this team, Carle needs to go and please stop saying to bring Bart up, do we all forget how bad he looked in the 10' playoffs?!?!? Suter would look great in the Orange and Black, hopefully they make a strong push and get him. Offensively this team is strong and very young, another stud would be nice, as long as it's the right one. This team has tremendous upside as a potential cup contender for the next several years, just need to anchor the blueline.

vCash
    Giroux, Schenn, Couts, Voracek, Simmonds, JVR, Read, Grossmann, Coburn.

Anyone outside of those names should be fair game, in my opinion. As fun as this team was to watch, especially while they were embarrassing the Pens all season...there's plenty of room to improve and streamline the roster.

At this point, I'm assuming Pronger is done.

vCash
    I might actually see what Read could fetch. I like him both offensively and defensively but he seems to me like a guy you could just find anywhere. Maybe not anywhere but someone it wouldn't be too hard to replace.

JVR - G - Voracek
    ? - Schenn - Simmonds
    Read - Couts - ?
    Wellwood - Talbot - ?

Not sure what we would go out and get to replace Briere, Hartnell, and Jagr.

The more I think about it though, the more I would keep Read. I think we haven't seen the best of him or any of the young guys yet.

vCash
    Guys we have a crazy young team, this was a first year for many of them, they will get better and stronger. Now here is my list for the offseason.

1.) DO NOT RESIGN KUBINA OR CARLE
    Unless kuby takes a huge paycut I don't want him, sub par Dman at his age, now carle is goi to want a large increase probably too about 4.5 million which is not worth it which leads me to number two on my list

2.) Sign Suter with the money gained from not resigning either kuby or carle, having Suter would make our d pairs greater, Suter-Timonen Coburn-Grossmann Meszaros-Bourdon/Gust

3.) Trade JVR, I feel for the kid, I liked him a lot but he needs a change of scenery and his cap hit increasing by almost 3 million and him getting paid more then giroux needs to be changed, move him while his stock is high, maybe trade him to Toronto for grabovski or something like that

4.) Resign Voracek, sestito, bourdon, Harry z

5.) Explore moving bob, move him while value is still high, bryz played well enough for us to move farther team faltered in the end not him

6.) Resign Jagr only if he takes a small paycut, was almost completely useless in playoffs

7.) Explore moving briere, he's a great playoff player but he just isn't worth 6 million plus during the reg season

Thoughts?

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    Giroux, Schenn, Couts, Voracek, Simmonds, JVR, Read, Grossmann, Coburn.

Anyone outside of those names should be fair game, in my opinion. As fun as this team was to watch, especially while they were embarrassing the Pens all season...there's plenty of room to improve and streamline the roster.

At this point, I'm assuming Pronger is done.
    I saw him recently at Walgreens he didnt look to great look like he was depressed

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Don't think we'll see any significant changes on offense this year......I think pretty much everyone stays with the exception of either Jagr or Briere..other than that we're gonna go with the same group under the idea that both schenn and couturier will be even better next year and help minimize the point loss of whichever of those two guys goes.

I think you'll see Rinaldo and Sestito back as the wingers on the fourth line.....Lavi seems to like both of those guys and for the occassional bad penalty those two do bring speed and physical presence to our lineup. Wellwood also looks like he could take a spot on that 3rd or 4th line.

If I had to guess right now I might say:

Hartnell, G, Briere
    JVR, Schenn, Simmonds
    Wellwood, Couts, Voracek
    Rinaldo, Talbot, Sestito

Don't see who or how else they shape it without making a more significant move on the offense..but I don't see them shaking it up again this year besides a minor move...
    like it, but you forgot matt read.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I might actually see what Read could fetch. I like him both offensively and defensively but he seems to me like a guy you could just find anywhere. Maybe not anywhere but someone it wouldn't be too hard to replace.

JVR - G - Voracek
    ? - Schenn - Simmonds
    Read - Couts - ?
    Wellwood - Talbot - ?

Not sure what we would go out and get to replace Briere, Hartnell, and Jagr.

The more I think about it though, the more I would keep Read. I think we haven't seen the best of him or any of the young guys yet.
    Matt Read would probably be 2012 Patrick Sharp. They would regret losing him.

Because of his low low cap hit, you gotta keep him. Replacing his goals will cost way more then his salary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Hartnell, G, Briere
    JVR, Schenn, Simmonds
    Wellwood, Couts, Voracek
    Rinaldo, Talbot, Sestito

Don't see who or how else they shape it without making a more significant move on the offense..but I don't see them shaking it up again this year besides a minor move...
    :cry: Really don't like line 4.

Guess Read was pretty invisible in the playoffs too.

If Briere is being moved to the wing I'd guess:

Hartnell-G-Schenn (if he can play the off wing)
    JVR-Couturier-Briere
    Wellwood-Read-Voracek
    Rinaldo-Talbot-Simmonds

Coburn-Grossmann
    Meszaros-Gustaffson
    Timmonen-Bourdon

I don't know, that's a mess. Someone has to go from the offense and we need to get someone on defense. It's weird to say, but the forwards are almost too deep. This is what I got from the current roster assuming Jagr and Pronger are done.

I don't see G and Briere on the same line. It's not that they play the same offensively, I just think they both like to setup the play and you don't want too many cooks in the kitchen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    Matt Read would probably be 2012 Patrick Sharp. They would regret losing him.

Because of his low low cap hit, you gotta keep him. Replacing his goals will cost way more then his salary.
    Yeah, I was thinking of that more when I was still typing. He is a good 2-way player too.

I don't want Rinaldo on this team anymore. I don't mind the spot starts if a guy goes down but he shouldn't be in the starting 12.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
    Guys we have a crazy young team, this was a first year for many of them, they will get better and stronger. Now here is my list for the offseason.

1.) DO NOT RESIGN KUBINA OR CARLE
    Unless kuby takes a huge paycut I don't want him, sub par Dman at his age, now carle is goi to want a large increase probably too about 4.5 million which is not worth it which leads me to number two on my list

2.) Sign Suter with the money gained from not resigning either kuby or carle, having Suter would make our d pairs greater, Suter-Timonen Coburn-Grossmann Meszaros-Bourdon/Gust

3.) Trade JVR, I feel for the kid, I liked him a lot but he needs a change of scenery and his cap hit increasing by almost 3 million and him getting paid more then giroux needs to be changed, move him while his stock is high, maybe trade him to Toronto for grabovski or something like that

4.) Resign Voracek, sestito, bourdon, Harry z

5.) Explore moving bob, move him while value is still high, bryz played well enough for us to move farther team faltered in the end not him

6.) Resign Jagr only if he takes a small paycut, was almost completely useless in playoffs

7.) Explore moving briere, he's a great playoff player but he just isn't worth 6 million plus during the reg season

Thoughts?
    1. totally agree
    2. the Carle money is going to be completely eaten by the JVR, Coburn, and Grossmann pay raises.
    3. I keep JVR, for multiple reasons.
    4. agree
    5. Bob would return nothing of value. Last year yes, this year no. Would get maybe a 3rd rounder for him. I say bury his salary in the AHL for 2-3 years, get a veteran to backup Bryz.
    6. Jagr only for a number under 1.5
    7. Agree on Danny, love the guy, but his salary is way too high.

vCash
    Can Bob be sent to the AHL?

vCash
    ^He'd have to clear waivers, which he likely wouldn't.

vCash
    regardless ... these playoffs proved three things ...

1) Carle is a turnover machine in his own end when he is not comfortable with his pairing ... see mistakes with Lilja ... and is incapable of being the guy who elevates his partners game

2) Couturier needs an expanded role in the offense

3) JVR and Briere, if they stick around, are not allowed to be on the ice together at the same time for the overwhelming defensive liability they cause

vCash
    danny b has a NMC ... danny is not going anywhere ... especially after this year's playoff performance

giroux shouldn't be given the C either if pronger retires ... they should wait on it and see what happens with the older guys for a year before making that decision ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    danny b has a NMC ... danny is not going anywhere ... especially after this year's playoff performance

giroux shouldn't be given the C either if pronger retires ... they should wait on it and see what happens with the older guys for a year before making that decision ...
    as we've been saying this whole thread, you have to look at the past. Gagne had a no trade clause 2 years ago, he was an epic payoff performer for this team (sound familiar), and had a home here for over 10 years, but he was asked to waive his NMC, and he did. Its a mutual respect thing.

Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast