Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 77 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

The Official Flyers 2012 Offseason Thread

And it begins...

vCash
    do NOT resign carle sign a top defensemen if pronger is going to be out long term again.... jagr will be gone at his number of 3 mil. I really like what wellwood brings to the game i think with more minutes next year he can provide spark for us next year. Hoprfully Bryz can work hard in the offseason to get to be a top 5 goalie we signed him to be and we can get back to work..

Sports fans check out my website www.teamtakeum.com NFL ATS picks posted here

vCash
    Here's an idea, GET RID OF ***-ING BRYZGALOV!!! ... and I don't want to hear how "great" he was in the playoffs either!! He's a head case and needs to go! He's a cancer to this team!!! ..... Don't bring back Jagr either! He was useless in the playoffs! Finally, I hope Holmgren doesn't go out and waste picks or trade away a good player for Ryan Suter. We don't need a "Big name" over-paid defensemen!

vCash
    yay offseason thread time!!

-Do not sign Carle, Kubina, or Jagr
    -Resign Voracek for a 3 million hit; Bourdon, Homstrom, Harry Z, Sestito to 2 way minor deals
    -Will have roughly 6 million in available cap AFTER Pronger's salary is buried in LTIR. Usually can only use 4-5 million of that.

If I am GM, I want 2 things for this team: Ryan Sutter and a natural goal scorer for this team. We just dont have one. Like the role Gaborik plays for NYR. But I also want a new body at defense.

Ryan Sutter will probably cost 7 million. We would have to dump a salary, and if its Hartnells, thats a lot of goals to replace... Briere at 6.5 million, you can basically chose, A guy that scores clutch goals in the post season, or a guy that should prevent goals all season long...

I move Briere, sign Sutter in FA, and have 5 million to spend on a guy to score goals.

(or you could have Rick Nash and Luke Schenn)
    Last edited by Randall Stevens; 05-09-2012 at 08:36 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redrooster View Post
    Here's an idea, GET RID OF ***-ING BRYZGALOV!!! ... and I don't want to hear how "great" he was in the playoffs either!! He's a head case and needs to go! He's a cancer to this team!!! ..... Don't bring back Jagr either! He was useless in the playoffs! Finally, I hope Holmgren doesn't go out and waste picks or trade away a good player for Ryan Suter. We don't need a "Big name" over-paid defensemen!

you dont even know what "cancer" to a team means. He is not cancer to this team. You could actually argue a couple things, but he's not cancer.

you can't just "get rid of him," if you cut him/buy him out, his salary is still on the cap. And nobody will trade for a contract that long with that much salary.

can't wait until the hype of the playoffs are over so bandwagon contributors like yourself disappear.

vCash
    I don't think they move Briere...I also think Homer likes Carle for some reason so there is a chance he's back.

I think Jagr is gone for sure as well as Kubina.

I think they'd want to sign Suter, but I think a team like Detroit will throw a blank check at him.

vCash
    i have to wait until the dust settles on this mess to make any real contributions to this thread. just a couple of things to point out, and things i can say.

- bartulis.....does he finally see the NHL next year?

- carle needs to go (although sources through the Flyers have been saying they want him back)

- jagr needs to take a significant paycut or he needs to go; he looked worn down by the end of the devils series

- kubina is gone

- voracek should and will be signed

- bob should probably be moved (although you really can't get much for him after the year he had; at this point it's mostly just to clear more salary)

- schenn and couts need to work HARD this summer; i want to see them come back faster, stronger, and more prepared now that they have a year of NHL hockey under their belts (in particular, i want to see couts put on some weight, start adding to that big frame he has)

- coburn and grossmann need to be the #1 pair next season. not just because they were the best defensive pairing for the team since they were put together, but kimmo is REALLY starting to show his age out there now

- gut feeling is one of briere/hartnell/JVR is moved. i HATE to include JVR in that mix, because i really still believe in that kid. i think a full year of health could do him good. it's just a gut feeling that one (no more than 1) of those 3 will be moved

i'm sticking to in-house stuff right now. don't wanna speculate on outside stuff.

vCash
    Don't think they move Briere...I think they're more then open to moving JVR. Hartnell could go depending on how contract talks go. His value is at his highest, but I think he appears to be incredibly well liked. Not sure how that would go over..seems like a desperation move.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post

you dont even know what "cancer" to a team means. He is not cancer to this team. You could actually argue a couple things, but he's not cancer.

you can't just "get rid of him," if you cut him/buy him out, his salary is still on the cap. And nobody will trade for a contract that long with that much salary.

can't wait until the hype of the playoffs are over so bandwagon contributors like yourself disappear.
    Aren't you supposed to be in school right now?? I have been a Flyers fan LONGER than you have been alive so let's not assume I'm a casual fan. Listen Mr. expert, a cancer to a team is EVERYTHING Bryzgalov has been! He's a distraction, he gets down on himself when he doesn't play well and he makes it public. Which adversely effects the entire team! He is an embarassment to the team and to the league with his play and his crazy comments! Now THAT my friend is a cancer!! ..... As for trading him, I know it's very unlikely but the biggest obstacle won't be his contract, it will be the fact that he's a head case and a cancer and no team wants that! It certainly is worth a shot however to try and get rid of him in the off season! ... Now that you have been schooled you can pack your lunch and get to school!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    i have to wait until the dust settles on this mess to make any real contributions to this thread. just a couple of things to point out, and things i can say.

- carle needs to go (although sources through the Flyers have been saying they want him back)

- jagr needs to take a significant paycut or he needs to go; he looked worn down by the end of the devils series

- kubina is gone

- bob should probably be moved (although you really can't get much for him after the year he had; at this point it's mostly just to clear more salary)

- schenn and couts need to work HARD this summer; i want to see them come back faster, stronger, and more prepared now that they have a year of NHL hockey under their belts (in particular, i want to see couts put on some weight, start adding to that big frame he has)

- coburn and grossmann need to be the #1 pair next season. not just because they were the best defensive pairing for the team since they were put together, but kimmo is REALLY starting to show his age out there now

- gut feeling is one of briere/hartnell/JVR is moved. i HATE to include JVR in that mix, because i really still believe in that kid. i think a full year of health could do him good. it's just a gut feeling that one (no more than 1) of those 3 will be moved

i'm sticking to in-house stuff right now. don't wanna speculate on outside stuff.
    I agree with that. I think Carle walks and JVR gets traded for a defensive replacement. Pronger would do us a BIG favor salary cap wise if were to retire but I'm sure he's not going to walk away from the rest of his guaranteed money.

vCash
    Aren't you supposed to be in school right now?? I have been a Flyers fan LONGER than you have been alive so let's not assume I'm a casual fan. Listen Mr. expert, a cancer to a team is EVERYTHING Bryzgalov has been! He's a distraction, he gets down on himself when he doesn't play well and he makes it public. Which adversely effects the entire team! He is an embarassment to the team and to the league with his play and his crazy comments! Now THAT my friend is a cancer!! ..... As for trading him, I know it's very unlikely but the biggest obstacle won't be his contract, it will be the fact that he's a head case and a cancer and no team wants that! It certainly is worth a shot however to try and get rid of him in the off season! ... Now that you have been schooled you can pack your lunch and get to school!
    no actually I graduated college 3 years ago, but thanks.

Now that I've been schooled, lol, so happy you are a bandwagon poster on this board and you weren't here all season.

Cancer is someone that greatly affects the performance of the rest of the team. You saying Bryz's post game comments affects Girouxs ability to set up a goal?

good luck with that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyBronco08 View Post
    do NOT resign carle sign a top defensemen if pronger is going to be out long term again.... jagr will be gone at his number of 3 mil. I really like what wellwood brings to the game i think with more minutes next year he can provide spark for us next year. Hoprfully Bryz can work hard in the offseason to get to be a top 5 goalie we signed him to be and we can get back to work..
    The kind of "work" Bryzgalov needs is mental not physical! He's a head case and fixing that is not even a possibility. He is what he is and unfortunetly we are probably stuck with his sorry *** for the next few years at least!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post

- kubina is gone

JVR returned from his broken foot way too soon I think. He was terribly slow with his cutting/turning/acceleration. And his NMC I believe kicks in July 1st, so he'd have to be moved fast. Homer traded away 2 recently signed contracts last year, doing it again this year would slaughter his reputation and no free agents would trust him, or sign here.

Full summer off to rehab, just gotta hope JVR returns as a 30 goal scorer.

I had a very similar list and statement in the game thread last night, but mine was Hartnell/Briere/Timonen, just one being asked to waive their NMC just like Gagne 2 years ago.

14. 05-09-2012, 09:09 AM
    Reason
    insults/baiting

15. 05-09-2012, 09:13 AM
    Reason
    insults/baiting

vCash
    The Flyers, in my mind, had a very good season. Especially with all the roster changes that happened before the season even started. Holmgren took last year's team and totally changed the face of it with two very bold moves. What he was able to do was get this team younger, faster, more skilled, and more cohesive....

After seeing how this team performed together he has a better understanding of what else needs to be accomplished, roster-wise, to get us over the hump....

Carle should be gone - he had a terrible playoff and was exposed as a weak defender in my mind....
    Jagr won't be resigned - I think he brought in here to show other players how to prepare for an NHL season and mentor Giroux...
    Timonen - he could retire....He's 37 and looked very banged up in the last couple weeks...it could free up $6.3 million
    Pavel Kubina - should not be re-signed...waste of a draft pick on Holmgren's part...but he needed to get an NHL defender in here because of injuries...
    Jody Shelley - Waive him or keep him? $1.1 million is alot for a player who sits all season.
    Briere and Hartnell aren't going anywhere because they have No-Movement clauses in their contracts...
    Voracek - has to be re-signed. HE showed in the playoffs that with more playing time he could be a very productive player for this team. Keeping him on the 3rd line shouldn't be an option. He was definitely a top-6 forward against the Pens and Devils...
    Bryzgalov - I'm praying the new collective bargaining agreement includes an amnesty clause in there and we can cut Bryz without cap repercussions....I still believe Snider had more to do with Bryzgalov getting signed here more then Holmgren....

This team is in very good shape for the future. I just wish the Flyers would get a "Larry Robinson" type assistant coach in here to get our defense positionally sound. We spent alot of time running around our zone this season and it cost us alot of games...

17. 05-09-2012, 09:19 AM
    Reason
    quoting deleted post

18. 05-09-2012, 09:20 AM
    Reason
    baiting/insults

vCash
    I agree with that. I think Carle walks and JVR gets traded for a defensive replacement. Pronger would do us a BIG favor salary cap wise if were to retire but I'm sure he's not going to walk away from the rest of his guaranteed money.
    i'm really not sure why people keep believing this is the case. no, prongs would do us a huge favor by NOT retiring. if he retires, his money counts against the cap for the remainder of his contract. if he just stays on LTIR, it won't count against the cap.

for the record, Randall i'm mostly speaking to you, i don't WANT JVR to get moved. i really don't. it's just a gut feeling of mine that one of hartnell/briere/JVR is gone.

Page 1 of 77 1231151 ... LastLast