And it begins...
And it begins...
do NOT resign carle sign a top defensemen if pronger is going to be out long term again.... jagr will be gone at his number of 3 mil. I really like what wellwood brings to the game i think with more minutes next year he can provide spark for us next year. Hoprfully Bryz can work hard in the offseason to get to be a top 5 goalie we signed him to be and we can get back to work..
Sports fans check out my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX7...ONEiygcjbfyUHQ for nfl and sports videos
yay offseason thread time!!
-Do not sign Carle, Kubina, or Jagr
-Resign Voracek for a 3 million hit; Bourdon, Homstrom, Harry Z, Sestito to 2 way minor deals
-Will have roughly 6 million in available cap AFTER Pronger's salary is buried in LTIR. Usually can only use 4-5 million of that.
If I am GM, I want 2 things for this team: Ryan Sutter and a natural goal scorer for this team. We just dont have one. Like the role Gaborik plays for NYR. But I also want a new body at defense.
Ryan Sutter will probably cost 7 million. We would have to dump a salary, and if its Hartnells, thats a lot of goals to replace... Briere at 6.5 million, you can basically chose, A guy that scores clutch goals in the post season, or a guy that should prevent goals all season long...
I move Briere, sign Sutter in FA, and have 5 million to spend on a guy to score goals.
(or you could have Rick Nash and Luke Schenn)
Last edited by Randall Stevens; 05-09-2012 at 08:36 AM.
Here's an idea, GET RID OF ***-ING BRYZGALOV!!! ... and I don't want to hear how "great" he was in the playoffs either!! He's a head case and needs to go! He's a cancer to this team!!! ..... Don't bring back Jagr either! He was useless in the playoffs! Finally, I hope Holmgren doesn't go out and waste picks or trade away a good player for Ryan Suter. We don't need a "Big name" over-paid defensemen!
you dont even know what "cancer" to a team means. He is not cancer to this team. You could actually argue a couple things, but he's not cancer.
you can't just "get rid of him," if you cut him/buy him out, his salary is still on the cap. And nobody will trade for a contract that long with that much salary.
can't wait until the hype of the playoffs are over so bandwagon contributors like yourself disappear.
i have to wait until the dust settles on this mess to make any real contributions to this thread. just a couple of things to point out, and things i can say.
- bartulis.....does he finally see the NHL next year?
- carle needs to go (although sources through the Flyers have been saying they want him back)
- jagr needs to take a significant paycut or he needs to go; he looked worn down by the end of the devils series
- kubina is gone
- voracek should and will be signed
- bob should probably be moved (although you really can't get much for him after the year he had; at this point it's mostly just to clear more salary)
- schenn and couts need to work HARD this summer; i want to see them come back faster, stronger, and more prepared now that they have a year of NHL hockey under their belts (in particular, i want to see couts put on some weight, start adding to that big frame he has)
- coburn and grossmann need to be the #1 pair next season. not just because they were the best defensive pairing for the team since they were put together, but kimmo is REALLY starting to show his age out there now
- gut feeling is one of briere/hartnell/JVR is moved. i HATE to include JVR in that mix, because i really still believe in that kid. i think a full year of health could do him good. it's just a gut feeling that one (no more than 1) of those 3 will be moved
i'm sticking to in-house stuff right now. don't wanna speculate on outside stuff.
for the record, Randall i'm mostly speaking to you, i don't WANT JVR to get moved. i really don't. it's just a gut feeling of mine that one of hartnell/briere/JVR is gone.
Full summer off to rehab, just gotta hope JVR returns as a 30 goal scorer.
I had a very similar list and statement in the game thread last night, but mine was Hartnell/Briere/Timonen, just one being asked to waive their NMC just like Gagne 2 years ago.
Timmonen should be the mostly likely to go. It will be another trade just like the Gagne trade too, we get nothing of value except the cap space. He's really showed his age late in the season, and it's happened the past few years. The drop in play hasn't as bad as O'Donnell last year, but considering he's paid to be a number 1 and playing like a number 5, it's time to pawn him off on a team that needs to reach the salary floor.