Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rlundi86 View Post
    Well, either way we won't know how the trade went until we see how Harkless and Vucevic turn out. But as of right now, I'm still not thrilled with the package we got. Just because Philly got a raw deal doesn't make ours any better.
    And what deal was better? Entertain me
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    And what deal was better? Entertain me
    What are you arguing, that the trade was a good one? So you're suggesting you're satisfied with the deal?

And if you want entertainment, feel free to frequent your local movie theatre or titty bar.
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

vCash
    Well, either way we won't know how the trade went until we see how Harkless and Vucevic turn out. But as of right now, I'm still not thrilled with the package we got. Just because Philly got a raw deal doesn't make ours any better.
    I'm only saying at this point, it's great that we didn't end up with Bynum, and everyone that said we were stupid for not taking Bynum back is realizing how much of an upset the guy actually is. He's one of the 7 footers that cannot stay on a court. I think he might eventually have something like Yao Ming where he just retires. This is after he gets his payday of course.

Our deal wasn't great. But there wasn't much to choose from anyways.

vCash
    What are you arguing, that the trade was a good one? So you're suggesting you're satisfied with the deal?

And if you want entertainment, feel free to frequent your local movie theatre or titty bar.
    Answer my question, what deal was better?
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Yea only other deals were bynum (no thanks) brook Lopez (over paid no thanks) rockets (weak deal with little to offer and take back) we got some young prospects some picks some cap relief and a good player in afflalo

vCash
    Answer my question, what deal was better?
    Answer my two: was it a good trade, are you satisfied?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Superman* View Post
    I'm only saying at this point, it's great that we didn't end up with Bynum, and everyone that said we were stupid for not taking Bynum back is realizing how much of an upset the guy actually is. He's one of the 7 footers that cannot stay on a court. I think he might eventually have something like Yao Ming where he just retires. This is after he gets his payday of course.

Our deal wasn't great. But there wasn't much to choose from anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrAv=MaGiCfReAk View Post
    Yea only other deals were bynum (no thanks) brook Lopez (over paid no thanks) rockets (weak deal with little to offer and take back) we got some young prospects some picks some cap relief and a good player in afflalo
    I hear what you both are saying. There wasn't much to choose from at this point. Could we have held on to Dwight a little longer? Or taken the Houston offer? Who knows what was on the table- we only know probably a fraction of what was offered.

I'm not disputing that this wasn't the best offer; I'm just saying just because it was the best doesn't mean it's still not terrible. And just because Philly got the short end does not make our deal good or even marginally palatable. Let's not act like our deal wasn't complete crap as it stands. If any of those picks end up being close to lottery or if Harkless and Vucevic develop, this will look much better. But as of right now, it's abysmal. No knocks on Hennigan, he was in a tough position, but still- I'm not the least bit satisfied. Are you?

vCash
    I'm satisfied with the trade. I think Nikola Vucevic can be something special going forward. I really like what he is doing this year and guess what, he's out playing Bynum.

Harkless is a raw player, but has a lot of potential. So all in all, I really like the deal for us
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I'm satisfied with the trade. I think Nikola Vucevic can be something special going forward. I really like what he is doing this year and guess what, he's out playing Bynum.

Harkless is a raw player, but has a lot of potential. So all in all, I really like the deal for us
    Lol I'M out-playing Bynum, it means nothing because Bynum isn't really a part of the discussions as far as returns from the trade. Nowhere am I arguing we should've got Bynum; I'm just saying the deal is hardly anything to feel content over. Months later, the trade is done, what does it matter? Still though, it was brought up.

As far as Vucevic and Harkless, they are still question marks, which is why I said we'll have to see how they pan out in the long run. We've barely seen Harkless and Vucevic doesn't look bad but in reality, he's starting because SOMEBODY has to.

But only time will tell.

vCash
    Answer my two: was it a good trade, are you satisfied?
    Ok this is gay ur responding to the original question with a question because your clueless , but yes it was a good and and I'm satisfied because, it was the only trade. Only thing is I'd rather them gotten Evan Turner and sent Affalo to Philly.
    Only thing upsetting this past offseason was resigning Nelson. I pray he's traded.

vCash
    Lol I'M out-playing Bynum, it means nothing because Bynum isn't really a part of the discussions as far as returns from the trade. Nowhere am I arguing we should've got Bynum; I'm just saying the deal is hardly anything to feel content over. Months later, the trade is done, what does it matter? Still though, it was brought up.

As far as Vucevic and Harkless, they are still question marks, which is why I said we'll have to see how they pan out in the long run. We've barely seen Harkless and Vucevic doesn't look bad but in reality, he's starting because SOMEBODY has to.

But only time will tell.
    Even though some has to start, Vucevic is and is doing a decent job at it as well. Don't discount him because he has to start. We got rid of bad contracts, that in itself is enough for the trade to be good for us, and we got young TALENT as well. It was a damn good trade for us
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Only thing is I'd rather them gotten Evan Turner and sent Affalo to Philly.

Only thing upsetting this past offseason was resigning Nelson. I pray he's traded.
    I think it was pretty clear that Philly still felt Evan Turner was a big part of their future. I don't think you can assume that we could turned Afflalo into Turner. Turner still has a little more upside, but I don't think there's a stark difference between the too. Turner is 3 years younger. Whatever.

I was a bit surprised they re-signed him, but there weren't really any other viable FA options, and the team needed someone to play the point. He's a good veteran leader. The only other older guys we have are Al and Hedo, and neither really are clubhouse guys.

I hope he does get traded too, but for now it's fine. It's not holding us back or screwing us in the future quite yet. It's good to have him on this roster for this season.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Ok this is gay ur responding to the original question with a question because your clueless , but yes it was a good and and I'm satisfied because, it was the only trade. Only thing is I'd rather them gotten Evan Turner and sent Affalo to Philly.
    I'm not clueless, you're just deluding yourself. Ignorance is bliss, and you've got just about enough to feed a small country. And 'this is gay'? Seriously? Very lame, but not totally surprising.

To answer your original question, which I've done in a couple posts since then, I'm not suggesting we had a myriad of offers or options; I'm saying the options were crap. Whether or not you've fooled yourself into thinking this was an awesome offer is up to you. Poll anyone with an IQ above 60 and they'll tell you that simply as a basketball move, this wasn't a good one.

You're happy to get rid of Dwight, great, so am I. But to suggest that we got a good return- especially this early- is denial.

vCash
    We got the only thing possible and your complaining. Who would want a Westbrook or durant in return, nothing else but Bynum or a Brooklyn chit sandwich was available. In that case it's a great f'n deal

vCash
    I'm not clueless, you're just deluding yourself. Ignorance is bliss, and you've got just about enough to feed a small country. And 'this is gay'? Seriously? Very lame, but not totally surprising.

To answer your original question, which I've done in a couple posts since then, I'm not suggesting we had a myriad of offers or options; I'm saying the options were crap. Whether or not you've fooled yourself into thinking this was an awesome offer is up to you. Poll anyone with an IQ above 60 and they'll tell you that simply as a basketball move, this wasn't a good one.

You're happy to get rid of Dwight, great, so am I. But to suggest that we got a good return- especially this early- is denial.
    We got f'd over because of all the Dwight nonsense. If he was dealt like Carmelo, we could have gutted a team like Denver did, but because of all the extra ********, we passed the best time to trade a star player like Dwight and ended up taking whatever we could. Even then. The Magic had 3 points they wanted to fulfill in a trade: bring in young talent, acquire draft picks, rid bad contracts.

This was the best and only trade left that met all these goals, sure it probably wasn't enough, especially if we traded him earlier, but there isn't much we can do about that.