Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    I agree with u, by all means. But they don't even have Lopez. And its a lightening strike for them to land a top3 pick. But im hoping they do land it
    Yeah. Brain fart...forgot Lopez is a FA...
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    It might come down again to just taking the best we can get. Again, we don't have much leverage if it's clear Dwight will bounce after this season. No team really will, or can, offer equal value.

If they keep their pick (has to be top 3), would you rather have Lopez + Brooks + Robinson/Drummond/MKG/Beal/Barnes or would you rather just lose Dwight after this season? That might be what it comes down to, and honestly, unless Dwight commits, that's what the FO needs to think. Getting nothing for him would be brutal.

Bynum would be the best value, but who's to say they'll do it? I think they would/should if they have the chance, but who knows.

And God, I hate Bynum. I don't want him
    If they do in fact get a top 3 pick, I will welcome a trade with them with open arms at this point. I'm past the fact of thinking Dwight will stay, and just want whatever the best is that we can get for him aside from Bynum. I really respect him, but he's a headcase bigger than Dwight half of the time and we don't need more drama here in Orlando. Start clean or don't start over at all.

Speaking of which, what do you all think we do with JJ, his contract being non-guaranteed and all if we get rid of him, I believe, on or before July 7th? I love him and I think $6.19 million is just about the right price for him, but if this team goes into the mentality of getting rid of Dwight and starting over, do you think we hold onto him for potential trade bait still or just let him go?

vCash
    I don't follow the Magic nearly enough to understand the current trade value Magic players have to your team. My biggest pet peeve on here is when an outsider (meaning someone from outside your main team's forum) comes in and tells you what you should do.

So, instead of doing that, I want to ask everyone about three players specifically: JJ Redick, Ryan Anderson, Hedo Turkoglu.

Would a package of Boozer/Korver/Brewer/1st be enough to net all three of those players? It would work financially as well (inserting the fact it would be partially a sign & trade for Ryan Anderson).

I'm wondering this because I see some people saying they'd like to just cut ties with Redick (even for a 2nd round pick), and some seem to like Big Baby more than Ryan Anderson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shammyguy3 View Post
    I don't follow the Magic nearly enough to understand the current trade value Magic players have to your team. My biggest pet peeve on here is when an outsider (meaning someone from outside your main team's forum) comes in and tells you what you should do.

So, instead of doing that, I want to ask everyone about three players specifically: JJ Redick, Ryan Anderson, Hedo Turkoglu.

Would a package of Boozer/Korver/Brewer/1st be enough to net all three of those players? It would work financially as well (inserting the fact it would be partially a sign & trade for Ryan Anderson).

I'm wondering this because I see some people saying they'd like to just cut ties with Redick (even for a 2nd round pick), and some seem to like Big Baby more than Ryan Anderson.
    First off, the ONLY reason anyone wants to get rid of Redick would be in an effort to get under the cap enough to sign a FA. That's not gonna happen, so I don't think anyone WANTS to move him. I'd imagine most fans are happy to have him on this team. I'd be happy if we moved him if it were for a better player, but he's the least of our problems.

The trade is tough, and I'm sure my fellow Magic fans will just bash Boozer and point out to his awful contract. I don't think he's as awful as most, but that contract is bad. It makes Hedo's look like an absolute bargain. Korver and Brewer are just nice pieces, and that first round pick isn't landing anyone amazing.

If Boozer wasn't such a bad contract I wouldn't be terribly opposed to it, but if Dwight leaves and we're stuck with Boozer, then it becomes an awful trade. It would just be adding too bad of a contract for a team with such a questionable future.

A more traditional PF playing along Dwight, a PF that can score from midrange as well as Boozer can, would help, for sure.

But yeah, I don't think many people here will be fans of it.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Brian K. Schmitz @MagicInsider

And might D'Antoni be able to bring along his old point guard Steve Nash to Orlando? Might that keep Dwight Howard in town?
    Brian K. Schmitz @MagicInsider

Hearing whispers that Mike D'Antoni would be very interested in a vacant Magic coaching job.

vCash

No thank you. I would much like to keep Anderson and Redick than acquire those players. I think Korver is a better spot up shooter, but Redick has a good overall game and he's improving. And like ManRam said, he isn't the problem. Not fond of Boozer either. I would have Ryan over him at this point. So it seems like a win-lose situation.

vCash
    I mean, if Mike D can get Nash to Orlando and keep Dwight, then what the hell. I don't really care too much for him, but that makes it worth it. At the very least, we'd be a lot more fun to watch...since Stan is more down to business and defense-oriented, and Mikey is much more up-tempo and offensive oriented.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    I would be with it too if he reels in Nash, which makes Dwight stay, but other then that Stan is the better coach.

A JJ interview about how he thought the season went and talks about Dwight for anyone interested.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...dwight-howard/

vCash
    Another Dwight rumor:

According to Ric Bucher Dwight still wants out because ownership has not been checking on him his since his back surgery,and Bucher said this could be the final straw that Dwight leaves,he said he still prefers Brooklyn#1.

So it's now 3 insiders (Bucher,Stephen A,Broussard)who has said Dwights wants out this summer for Brooklyn.

Thought?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D12 fan View Post
    Another Dwight rumor:

According to Ric Bucher Dwight still wants out because ownership has not been checking on him his since his back surgery,and Bucher said this could be the final straw that Dwight leaves,he said he still prefers Brooklyn#1.

So it's now 3 insiders (Bucher,Stephen A,Broussard)who has said Dwights wants out this summer for Brooklyn.

Thought?
    My thoughts are that those three have both an agenda and bias. Oh and all three get a check from ESPN, which has a contract with the NBA, which prefers stars in big markets for the obvious TV ratings they generate. I think these three push and create news based on their relationship($) with ESPN.

Did you see how ANGRY Stephen A. was when Dwight decided to stay for 2012-2013???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    First off, the ONLY reason anyone wants to get rid of Redick would be in an effort to get under the cap enough to sign a FA. That's not gonna happen, so I don't think anyone WANTS to move him. I'd imagine most fans are happy to have him on this team. I'd be happy if we moved him if it were for a better player, but he's the least of our problems.

The trade is tough, and I'm sure my fellow Magic fans will just bash Boozer and point out to his awful contract. I don't think he's as awful as most, but that contract is bad. It makes Hedo's look like an absolute bargain. Korver and Brewer are just nice pieces, and that first round pick isn't landing anyone amazing.

If Boozer wasn't such a bad contract I wouldn't be terribly opposed to it, but if Dwight leaves and we're stuck with Boozer, then it becomes an awful trade. It would just be adding too bad of a contract for a team with such a questionable future.

A more traditional PF playing along Dwight, a PF that can score from midrange as well as Boozer can, would help, for sure.

But yeah, I don't think many people here will be fans of it.
    The only reason Boozer would be enticing is if it convinces Dwight Howard to sign an extension with the Magic. So my scenario was a hypothetical that included Dwight resigning (because as you said, Boozer on his own isn't valuable to you guys).

Would the Magic FO be interested in doing a Boozer for Turkoglu/Redick package then?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D12 fan View Post
    Another Dwight rumor:

Thought?
    Has he been checking on the team? He's the one who didn't want team doctors to do the surgery. He's the one who chose to stay away from the team?

Maybe they were concerned with the playoffs

Such a baby. "They weren't given me attention...boo hoo".

And, I don't doubt it. I do think he wants out, and I think besides maybe a week or two this season, he has for a while now.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    The only reason Boozer would be enticing is if it convinces Dwight Howard to sign an extension with the Magic. So my scenario was a hypothetical that included Dwight resigning (because as you said, Boozer on his own isn't valuable to you guys).

Would the Magic FO be interested in doing a Boozer for Turkoglu/Redick package then?
    Again. No idea. All depends on Dwight. If it is something Dwight wants and if it's something that keeps him in Orlando, than they'd do it. I just have a suspicion, and obviously no evidence, that Boozer isn't one of "his guys".

You can't make that trade if Dwight doesn't commit. Hedo expires before Boozer, and Redick is our best asset.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    We don't need Boozer,Big Baby is probally a better player than Boozer right now,and is less cheaper so NO to Boozer.

vCash
    Meh. Baby had a great playoffs....but Boozer is a better player. Thing is, Boozer gets paid 3X the amount Baby does...that's why it's not worth it.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast