Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ass View Post
    i read somewhere that Nelson might not pick up his option. If that is true, i hope we can then trade JJ to a team under the cap for a 2nd round pick. Then trade our 1st+2nd+Hedo to another team under the cap. That way we will have enough capspace to offer Dwill a max contract. No JJ and Hedo means we'll need to sign a wing for MLE (crawford?) and we can sign t-mac/bogans/stevenson/pietrus/bill walker for the vet min.
    It all depends on if Nelson opts out or not.
    I'd imagine trading JJ for a second rounder would be doable. JJ is a bargain at 6 million for one year.

The rest is ambitious, but not gonna happen.

If we let Orton, Anderson, Clark (he would have to chose to leave), Wafer, Smith, Liggins, and Nelson go then trade JJ and Hedo for literally no salary (very, very unlikely) it would leave us with only Howard, Davis, Richardson 1, Richardson 2, Duhon and Harper. They'd make about 40 million. That would give us just enough to sign a max player. We'd then have the MLE to use on one or two players, and the minimum contracts. It would be an interesting team.

But again, that's just not going to happen.

vCash
    im not expecting it to happen. Im just hoping it does.
    Hedo's contract is not that bad anymore. He has 11 mill due next season and a partially guaranteed contract the season after.

Dwill/duhon
    crawford/jrich/stevenson
    qrich/crawford/pietrus
    Baby/Clark
    Howard/orton

this team could be very dangerous.

vCash
    Lmao you think the new GM will get a backup center? Or a starting pg?
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    If we are able to sign Dwill I would **** my pants.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D12 fan View Post
    If we are able to sign Dwill I would **** my pants.
    Well, your pants should feel safe, because I'd put the odds of that happening at about 0.5%

Maybe I'm being too pessimistic, but I'm not getting my hopes up at all. It's never that easy...and as Magic fans we should know by now not to expect super stars to want to flock there in today's NBA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Well, your pants should feel safe, because I'd put the odds of that happening at about 0.5%

Maybe I'm being too pessimistic, but I'm not getting my hopes up at all. It's never that easy...and as Magic fans we should know by now not to expect super stars to want to flock there in today's NBA
    I know bro im dreaming,I wish it could happen but no team in their right mind would take on Turk even with our 1rd pick,we would have a better chance talking Turk into retirement.

vCash
    And Foyle denies having interviewed for the job...

@afoyle3131
    Let me be abundantly clear I have never been interviewed for a GM job with the Orlando Magic
    @afoyle3131
    Further Otis is my friend and mentor and I would never disrespect him in this manner.As Dir. of Player Dev - I have lots of work to do yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    And Foyle denies having interviewed for the job...
    Well I guess Otis is coming back next year.

vCash
    For what it's worth, here's the free agent list...

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...ents-2012-2013

vCash
    Players I like are

Kirk Hinrich
    Ray Allen
    KG
    Antwan Jamison
    Jason Terry
    Marcus Camby
    Kenyon Martin
    Nick Young
    Oj Mayo (restricted)
    Deron Williams (obviously)
    JR Smith
    Steve Nash !!!
    Tim Duncan (didn't realized he was a free agent this year)

vCash
    To be honest I don't want to trade JJ, unless it's for a deal we can't refuse, but I like how he's grown on our team. He's easily my fav Magic player on our current team. Though at this point he's one of the only ones that have any trade value.

As far as our free agents

Restricted

Ryan Anderson - I can see somone signing him to a high contract just to see if we match it. I wouldn't over pay for the guy but I do want to keep him on our team.

DeAndre Liggins - haven't seen much of enough of him to have any opinion good/bad on him. If the FO thinks he's worth developing and we can sign him cheap then why not

Unrestricted

Earl Clark - I don't know how I feel about the guy. He has no jump shot, his offense as a hole is below average but he puts stats up in catagories most of our other starters don't, rebounds, blocks, steals, ect. He's a scrappy guy. I wouldn't use an MLE on him, I don't even know if I would use half our MLE on him. Though he is young, in any case if we lost him I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Jameer Nelson - Personally I like Jameer, I know he's not a fan fav but at least we know what to expect from him. Ideally I always thought he would be a great 6th man off the bench. He's unrestricted so I don't know what kind of contract he expects at this point in his career.

Daniel Orton - I would like to give him another countract, he's extrememly young and raw. Could be something good for us in a couple years, we signed him knowing he was a project and I would hate to see us bail out on him while he's still young. Big men are not very cheap to sign, even if there not very good so I would def offer him a contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by macc View Post
    Players I like are

Kirk Hinrich
    Ray Allen
    KG
    Antwan Jamison
    Jason Terry
    Marcus Camby
    Kenyon Martin
    Nick Young
    Oj Mayo (restricted)
    Deron Williams (obviously)
    JR Smith
    Steve Nash !!!
    Tim Duncan (didn't realized he was a free agent this year)
    I think Big Baby was our best player in the playoffs,I say we let Ryan walk and sign OJ Mayo.

Jameer,Duhon
    Mayo,Redick
    Turk,Jrich
    Baby,Clark
    Dwight,Orton

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D12 fan View Post
    I think Big Baby was our best player in the playoffs,I say we let Ryan walk and sign OJ Mayo.

Jameer,Duhon
    Mayo,Redick
    Turk,Jrich
    Baby,Clark
    Dwight,Orton

I like Mayo as well but I don't see how he would fit on our team. I mean he's a slasher and that's good but we're already loaded at the sg with JJ, J Rich and von Wafer, is Mayo THAT much better then what we have?

vCash
    I like Mayo as well but I don't see how he would fit on our team. I mean he's a slasher and that's good but we're already loaded at the sg with JJ, J Rich and von Wafer, is Mayo THAT much better then what we have?
    Ughhhhhh hell yes. He can get you +19 a night
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Are you serious Mayo>Jrich+Redick+Liggins combined.

Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast