Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Better off without Turk?

Just curious if other fans feel the way I do...

With reports coming out that he is on his way back, I just keep thinking I'd rather have this current roster without him...He looked very old and looks like his talents have clearly declined last season and half..I'd rather have the young guys get more minutes and hopefully continue to develop

Only plus I can see is MAYBE, (very doubtful), we can get a team crazy enough to take on his contract if he comes back and is productive...but I see that as highly unlikely

vCash
    The last paragraph is something definitely to keep in mind. We're getting decent production out of the SF position this year, but we're obviously super thin there right now. We've been playing non-traditional lineups. 3 of our 4 most commonly used 5-man units are with Afflalo at the 3, playing with Redick-Moore or Redick-Nelson. We've been playing small, and besides Harkless we don't really have another real SF on the roster.

Are we better without him? I don't know. It's probably pretty close. He'll get minutes when he comes back and we'll see how he does. I don't want him to interfere with an young player's minutes, but clearly Moe isn't getting minutes anyways, and he's certainly not going to be blocking Vucevic or Moore. Nicholson too has been struggling to find the court lately, so I'm not sure I can be outraged with Hedo taking some of his minutes.

I think it's just something to play by ear. We're not a terribly deep team right now, so having him back I doubt can hurt.

vCash
    I agree I'm kinda bummed he will be back thankfully he can be bought out after this year .... dunno if any other team would take him the fact that he can be bought out may be our only hope

vCash
    Lol before this thread I actually forgot Turk was on this team.
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

vCash
    Turk can't make us any worse, and even if he does, wouldn't that be a good thing? I sort of want this team to suck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JNoel View Post
    Turk can't make us any worse, and even if he does, wouldn't that be a good thing? I sort of want this team to suck
    Heat fan or Magic fan?
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rlundi86 View Post
    Heat fan or Magic fan?
    Both, I've lived in both areas, so I guess i'm allowed to root for both

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JNoel View Post
    Both, I've lived in both areas, so I guess i'm allowed to root for both
    At this point I pretty much root for LeBron (and thus the Heat...though I don't care for anyone else) so long as they don't play us. It was like that when he was in Cleveland too.

The rivalry between the two is so overblown. They've never played a meaningful game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    At this point I pretty much root for LeBron (and thus the Heat...though I don't care for anyone else) so long as they don't play us. It was like that when he was in Cleveland too.

The rivalry between the two is so overblown. They've never played a meaningful game.
    That's for sure, anything the media portrays as a "rivalry", people start to believe. I miss the old Heat at times, the media has just totally seized this team. It's all just a big joke.

vCash
    I feel the same.