Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB4570 View Post
    Ok not sure how many WR's we carried last year. Any early predictions on who makes the team at WR's?

Current WR's listed on roster

Percy Harvin exp 4
    Jerome Simpson exp 5
    Michael Jenkins exp 9
    Devin Aromashodu exp 5
    Emmanuel Arceneaux exp 1
    Brian Walters exp 2
    Stephen Burton exp 1
    Kerry Taylor exp 1
    Greg Childs exp R
    Jarius Wright exp R
    Kamar Jorden exp R
    Harvin, Simpson, Childs, Wright, Aromashodu, Jenkins...
    Also, I wouldn't mind if that's what the depth chart looked like either...

vCash
    Percy
    Jerome
    Jenkins
    Aromashodu
    Childs
    Wright

6 receivers might be too many but id cut jenkins before sending childs or wright to PSquad - allows them to be stolen and we didnt waste draft picks for that. jenkins gets no seperation

vCash
    Jenkins and Aromashodu are both imperfect. Aromashodu is fast but inconsistent (poor route runner, drops balls sometimes) and Jenkins is slow. The thing about Jenkins though is that he can make plays if we spread the field for him. Look at what he did against the Packers last year. I think it all comes down to how good Aromashodu does in camp/the pre-season. If he stinks I can see us keeping Jenkins over him, if he looks good cut Jenkins. You can't undervalue what Jenkins brings to the table in terms of veteran savvy, but I think Childs could make him dispensable.

We've had bad receivers for the past two seasons, but we can't expect too much from Childs and Wright. I really want them to be better than what we've been fielding for the past two seasons, but they have to be given time to grow. They are going to drop balls, screw up routes, and probably cause a few INTs because they aren't in the right place. The thing that they bring over the previous crop of guys we've had is potential.

As far as our third rate WRs we have on our roster, I think Stephen Burton is held in the highest esteem, he was activated before Arceneaux (who was only activated after Burton blew out his knee). Also I think that Brian Walters could be the dark horse in all of this, he could be our new Greg Camarillo (who I think was chronically underused here) and be good depth behind Percy, although we probably have Wright for that.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    I liked what i seen from Devon and Jenkings last year. I say we keep atleast one of the 2 if not keep both.

vCash
    while i thought the vikings could have drafted another wr instead of stocking some more third day picks for next year. they have improved a bit

vCash
    Just watched some clips that were posted as in indictment of Phil Loadholt as a RT. Started thinking of the whole "move him to guard" talk. In clips against 3-4 teams, on the rare occasion that an OLB wasn't sent on Loadholt's side, and he was instead responsible for a 3-4 DE, Loadholt didn't do bad at all. It's the speed rushers that he has trouble with, and I know that's redundant because we're all well aware of it, but I'm wondering if a move to G would be the answer here? Schwartz is flexible, he's played both Guard and Tackle, and his size is just excellent for either spot. I think Loadholt could hold his own against most 4-3 DT's and 3-4 DE's, and if his height is the only stumbling block here I think it would be worth a shot. Any thoughts? Sorry guys, just bored and this forum is DEAD!

vCash
    Jerome Simpson - WR - Vikings
    The Vikings believe they stole a starting-caliber receiver on the cheap with the signing of Jerome Simpson.
    Off-the-field issues killed Simpson's market value, but the Vikings got him on a one-year, $2 million deal. "He's a legitimate split end," said OC Bill Musgrave. "He has speed to threaten down the field and also get in and out of breaks and beat man coverage." Added Christian Ponder, "The guy is so fast. He's so athletic. I think he's going to be a great asset to our 'X' position."
    rotoworld

I still think that the team is going to roll with a bit of cap space so that they can offer an extension to their best performing 1 year signing (Erin Henderson, Aromashodu, Chris Carr, Bowman, Felton, Schwartz, Simpson, Marvin Mitchell or Lex Hilliard) and get them locked up before they hit FA by offering them something front-loaded in-season this year.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Kevin Murphy - T - Vikings
    Vikings waived OT Kevin Murphy and CB C.C. Whitlock.
    They were both roster long shots from the get go. Numerous teams put in claims for Murphy when he was waived by the 49ers, so perhaps he'll resurface soon.
    rotoworld

That was quick. So now we have two more roster spots free. I figure that we cut these guys for a reason (and suspect there may be an issue with Kevin Murphy if we cut him that fast) and can't help but wonder if one of those reasons is that Husain Abdullah might be coming back. The guy is not a super-star but he knows the position and I think would be an asset to competition in camp this year. Plus from what I gather nobody else is too interested in him due to his concussions (which he has received a clean bill of health from).

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Jerome Simpson - WR - Vikings

rotoworld

I still think that the team is going to roll with a bit of cap space so that they can offer an extension to their best performing 1 year signing (Erin Henderson, Aromashodu, Chris Carr, Bowman, Felton, Schwartz, Simpson, Marvin Mitchell or Lex Hilliard) and get them locked up before they hit FA by offering them something front-loaded in-season this year.
    While I understand all these one year deals, I could see some of them coming back to bite us in the *** if any of them have a great year (Simpson, Schwartz, and Henderson specifically).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Kevin Murphy - T - Vikings

rotoworld

That was quick. So now we have two more roster spots free. I figure that we cut these guys for a reason (and suspect there may be an issue with Kevin Murphy if we cut him that fast) and can't help but wonder if one of those reasons is that Husain Abdullah might be coming back. The guy is not a super-star but he knows the position and I think would be an asset to competition in camp this year. Plus from what I gather nobody else is too interested in him due to his concussions (which he has received a clean bill of health from).
    I'm told Vikings released Kevin Murphy after he failed a physical.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SalisBurySteak View Post
    . I think Loadholt could hold his own against most 4-3 DT's and 3-4 DE's,
    I think not. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVVGRReRfhYAt 2:25 in that vid, Loadholt is put on his azz by a player who is either a DT or a 3-4 DE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bear34 View Post
    I think not. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVVGRReRfhYAt 2:25 in that vid, Loadholt is put on his azz by a player who is either a DT or a 3-4 DE.
    Well he did say that Loadholt could "hold his own", he didn't say that he was dominant or anything. If you are just going to single out one play as rationale for why a player needs to be replaced or moved then there are quite a few linemen around the league that need to be replaced or moved.
    If the above text has offended you, please PM me your address so that I may mail you a kleenex.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bear34 View Post
    Loadholt is 6'8 343 pounds, you won't see him getting knocked on his azz to many times.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Personally I'm eager to see what Jerome Simpson can do. He disappeared a lot during games last season in Cincy (most notably the Steeler games) but he seems to have a pretty big chip on his shoulder and wants to show he can play. I think Simpson has the talent and the opportunity to become what Bernard Berrian was supposed to be. It'll be very interesting to see what he can do for this offense.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    While I understand all these one year deals, I could see some of them coming back to bite us in the *** if any of them have a great year (Simpson, Schwartz, and Henderson specifically).
    I was thinking the exact same thing when we made these deals. They will all demand more money and most likely bolt if they have excellent years.

Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast