Adrian Peterson - RB - Vikings

rotoworld

This man is a beast!

12 Tackles

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Kyle Rudolph - TE - Vikings

rotoworld

Not good that they aren't talking about Carlson here. He can block better than Rudolph and should be able to catch better than Ellison.
    Carlson who's that? Ya we made a mistake there and best to cut our losses at seasons end.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 0 , Yards: 0 , TD's: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Carlson who's that? Ya we made a mistake there and best to cut our losses at seasons end.
    Last time I checked there's still 13 weeks and 12 games left in the regular season.

I do agree that if he stays off the stats sheet all season he will be gone, but nobody should be jumping to conclusions, he was one of the best TEs on the market. Sure he had his shoulder issue, but he was just about 8 months recovered from the surgery and it has nothing to do with his knee injury which occurred in camp. He's still behind the 8 ball because he's missed most of camp and is clearly playing second fiddle to Rudolph. I don't expect him to hit one out of the park, but don't be surprised when he makes a play.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Ya Carlson does deserve a little bit more time before we close the casket. Having said that Ellison just looks better in every aspect of the game from blocking, catching, and running he just looks smoother and better prepared on the field.

vCash
    Simplifying things paying dividends for Vikings D
    Sometimes when you have an edge in talent, you just have to let those players play.

That’s why a pair of Vikings defensive linemen went to coaches, asking them to simplify things after a Week Two loss at Indianapolis.

Defensive tackle Kevin Williams and defensive end Jared Allen said the results are clear, with the Vikings since beating 2011 playoff teams in the 49ers and Lions.

“We just stopped trying to make a call for everything,” Williams said, via Tom Pelissero of 1500ESPN.com. “The defensive front has been successful the last few years. We didn’t do a lot of trick ‘em stuff. We just lined up and went after people, and that’s basically what we were trying to get ‘em to do.

“Just take the reins off and let us go. We can take care of the rush. We don’t need to design stuff for the rush. Just let the guys go. We’ve all pretty much had experience rushing the quarterback and playing this defense. Just basically, let us go and we can handle it. We don’t need plays or schemes to handle what we’re doing up front.”

After the loss to the Colts, Williams and Allen went to defensive coordinator Alan Williams and defensive line coach Brendan Daly with the suggestion. Since then, they had five sacks against the Lions, and three against the 49ers, without much blitzing.

“It’s huge for our players, for the coaches, to be able to generate that type of pressure without having to put the secondary under adverse situations,” head coach Leslie Frazier said.

Coaches, by nature, tend to overcomplicate things sometimes. And sometimes when you have players the caliber of Williams and Allen, the best thing to do is turn them loose.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...for-vikings-d/

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    About that J. Robinson penalty, the refs called it on Winfield, who did come in at the end and shoved him. I thought the call on winfield made sense, but one on J. Robinson would be a bad one...

vCash
    Jasper Brinkley - LB - Vikings
    Vikings coach Leslie Frazier indicated Monday that MLB Jasper Brinkley would continue to operate as an every-down player going forward.
    Brinkley was supposed to be a two-down thumper, but the Vikings like him in the three-down role with WLB Erin Henderson exiting in the nickel. Brinkley has 15 tackles (8 solo), a pass breakup, and a forced fumble in his last two games.
    rotoworld

Harrison Smith - DB - Vikings
    Vikings FS Harrison Smith is not expected to be suspended for shoving an official in Sunday's win.
    Smith is expected to escape with only a fine for what he admitted was a "stupid" act. Smith missed 2/3 of yesterday's game, which surely factored into the league's decision not to issue a one-game ban.
    rotoworld

Jerome Simpson - WR - Vikings
    Jerome Simpson is undergoing a Monday MRI to determine the cause of his lower-leg weakness.
    Per beat writer Tom Pelissero, Simpson's ailing lower body "might be related to (his) back." The Vikings will know more after the testing, but it's a bit of a mysterious injury right now. Simpson was held catch-less in Week 5.
    rotoworld

Adrian Peterson - RB - Vikings
    Coach Leslie Frazier deemed Adrian Peterson's ankle sprain as "mild" at Monday's presser, and said AP should be "fine going forward."
    Peterson might not even miss any practice time, let alone Sunday's tilt with the Redskins. AP acknowledged Sunday he was fighting through his ankle ailment "the whole game," but didn't miss any snaps. Eighth in the league in rushing through five weeks, Peterson will be a top-five option against Washington.
    rotoworld

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Last time I checked there's still 13 weeks and 12 games left in the regular season.

I do agree that if he stays off the stats sheet all season he will be gone, but nobody should be jumping to conclusions, he was one of the best TEs on the market. Sure he had his shoulder issue, but he was just about 8 months recovered from the surgery and it has nothing to do with his knee injury which occurred in camp. He's still behind the 8 ball because he's missed most of camp and is clearly playing second fiddle to Rudolph. I don't expect him to hit one out of the park, but don't be surprised when he makes a play.
    Yes there is but we all knew before he even played 1 game with us that we way overpaid for him. Now that he has caught 2 passes for 0 yards that is enough for me to make an assumption that he isn't needed for that price. He isn't Jimmy K. so we won't pay him the big bucks to just block. I also like Rhett Ellison a lot as that 2nd TE because he is a good blocker and has shown a little bit in the passing game.

vCash
    Simplifying things paying dividends for Vikings D

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...for-vikings-d/
    It's the little things that us typical fans would never know about. Sometimes teams try to get too cute and end up making it worse. Props to the vets for saying something.

vCash
    Les Frazier said Harrison Smith won't be suspended or fined by the NFL
    @Judd Zulgad on Twitter
    Surprising o.o
    Bridgewater Draft and Highlights Video

Adobt-A-Viking: Josh Robinson
    2 Tackles, 1 INTs, 2.8 QB Rating

vCash
    Does anyone have a clip of the "ERASER" hit on Kendall Wright...heard it was nasty and i missed it cant find it anywhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dimgim View Post
    Does anyone have a clip of the "ERASER" hit on Kendall Wright...heard it was nasty and i missed it cant find it anywhere.
    The hit on Ringer? Where his legs goes the wrong way?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    No that was Robinson who made that tackle. He's talking about the play where Smith nailed Wright to force them to punt. I think it was like a 3rd and 5 maybe in the first quarter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Oh no I couldnt watch that Ringer hit again if someone paid me to...crazy thing about that is dude is only going to be out a month reports say. But yeah I meant Harrison's big hit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dimgim View Post
    Oh no I couldnt watch that Ringer hit again if someone paid me to...crazy thing about that is dude is only going to be out a month reports say. But yeah I meant Harrison's big hit.
    Oh okay. Wasn't sure which hit you were talking about. If my leg looked like Ringers after that hit I probably would never walk again. Its amazing what those high dollar doctors can do.

Page 43 of 67 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast