Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepinItTwizted View Post
    I like the points you guys made on Lex Hilliard and Matt Asiata. I really think we should cut Hilliard. I was watching him play and he had a very good burst. After this season I truely believe we will be with out Gerhardt next year because some team is gonna drop a trade offer and Spielman will use it to his advantage in the draft. I feel that Matt would be a great back up to A.P. if he plays against first string like he does... Id like this season to see AP Gerhardt and Asiata share carries so it doesn't put the load on A.P. and Gerhardt since there both coming off injuries.
    Asiata can also be a backup FB (looks like we're probably going to cut D'Imperio, and I really liked D'Imperio, was so pissed off when he was sent to the PS so we could keep Tahi) but I think we need to mix it up and running back. Even with the burst Asiata has, he's a slow and powerful guy. He can run through a brick wall but he's not going to out run anybody on the D. I think we need a guy like Todman (if Todman doesn't work out for us).

I posted this in the WR thread but I saw Darius Reynaud playing for the Titans, man I wish we kept him.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Asiata can also be a backup FB (looks like we're probably going to cut D'Imperio, and I really liked D'Imperio, was so pissed off when he was sent to the PS so we could keep Tahi) but I think we need to mix it up and running back. Even with the burst Asiata has, he's a slow and powerful guy. He can run through a brick wall but he's not going to out run anybody on the D. I think we need a guy like Todman (if Todman doesn't work out for us).

I posted this in the WR thread but I saw Darius Reynaud playing for the Titans, man I wish we kept him.
    Apparently he's doing great as their RB. I too was angry when we got rid of him. Had a chance to get him back after the Giants cut him last year too :/

vCash
    I wouldn't mind us bringing back EJ and giving Shawn M a shot to see what he gots, those two guys along with the help of Mike Singltary would help the growth of Erin, Brinkley, and Audie Cole.

I would also like us to change some ROSTER things Move Webb to Wr and PR and put Robison every once in awhile on the inside of the line and put Everson at the other end position. We should make Robison bulk up and play him like Justin Smith in San Fran. I want to see Robison, Kevin, Allen, and Everson on the line as much a possible just like I need to see Webb get the ball, not pass the ball, but get the ball.

vCash
    I think if geoff schwartz can come back healthy our o-line has a lot of flexibility and can dominate games....still not sold that we aren't interested in getting another WR on the roster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    I think if geoff schwartz can come back healthy our o-line has a lot of flexibility and can dominate games....still not sold that we aren't interested in getting another WR on the roster
    We might be interested in adding another WR, just none of the lame ducks in FA right now. If we were interested in any of the players in FA, they'd be bringing them in and signing them. I don't see that happening unless someone gets hurt.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    I think a WR to watch is Gurley and maybe Dale Moss. We tried to get Gurley last year. He is 6-4 and can run he might be getting lost in the shuffle in GB.

vCash
    I would like to see Janzen jackson. I bet he would be alot better backup than Sanford or frampton.

I think he could also give Raymond a run for his money.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    Robert Blanton - DB - Vikings
    Vikings S Robert Blanton (hamstring) has been sidelined since early in camp, and is uncertain for Friday's preseason game against the Chargers.
    "We are hoping that he can play in this ballgame on Friday night so we can get some tape on him and evaluate him in game situations," coach Leslie Frazier said. A physical run stopper, Blanton was in the mix for snaps heading into camp, but his roster spot will be up in the air if he misses a third straight game.
    rotoworld

I know he hasn't done anything at this point but I could easily see the team putting him on IR just so that he's available next year its been done before with Jaymar Johnson.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Letroy Guion - DL - Vikings
    Vikings NT Letroy Guion has suffered a setback in his recovery from a sprained right PCL.
    He won't suit up for Friday's tilt with the Chargers. It will be Guion's second straight exhibition absence after he hurt his knee in the opener, and has his Week 1 status in jeopardy. Veteran Fred Evans is starting in his absence.
    rotoworld

Not good, we really need to get Guion out there to see what he can do. Sure this does give Fred Evans a chance to step up but at this point in his career (6 years in the league so far) is this really something we should be expecting?

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    ^ this is not good at all. With this kind of a weakness in the DT position, it only makes it harder on an already weak MLB spot. Brinkley has done ok so far, but when the season starts, K-williams is going to take a beating with all the runs coming through the middle.

Why we don't go out and grab a vet next to K-williams is beyond me.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    Chris Cook - DB - Vikings
    Vikings RCB Chris Cook suffered a concussion in last Friday's win over the Bills.
    He won't play in Friday's dress rehearsal against the Chargers. It's the first known concussion of Cook's three-year career, so it's possible he'll avoid a lengthy absence. Chris Carr or rookie Brandon Burton will start opposite Antoine Winfield if Cook isn't ready for Week 1.
    rotoworld

Apparently Rudolph is fine and either did not have a concussion or was able to pass a baseline test the next day (he probably didn't have a concussion).

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Vikings' punt return job still open
    There are two more preseason games to go and Vikings special teams coach Mike Priefer still isn't sure who his full-time punt returner will be. And Priefer might not get the final call; it might depend on who coach Leslie Frazier decides to keep on his final roster.

Jarius Wright, Josh Robinson, Bryan Walters and Marcus Sherels all got a shot at the position Friday against Buffalo. Priefer likes the big-play potential of Robinson and Wright but loves the reliability of Sherels, who might not break many big returns but can be depended on to secure the ball.

Buffalo punters did a good job, which made Priefer's job of evaluating his returners more difficult.

"We have to solidify who that is going forward, because we're running out of time to make that decision," Priefer said. "I have my ideas because of practice tape. ... The guy I'm most comfortable with would be Marcus, because he's done it before and he's very sure-handed. Josh has got some juice to him, as you've seen on defense as well. Walters has been there before, and Jarius is kind of in the developmental stage right now, to be honest with you."

Sherels handed the job fulltime last season, averaging 8.4 yards per return. With the competition more intense in the defensive backfield this year, being the punt returner might be Sherels' best chance to make the final roster.

Priefer might have to lobby with Frazier.

"Like any roster spot, returner is extremely important," Priefer said. "At this time of the year, I have to pick and choose my battles. That's why I watch practice and listen to the other coaches and their evaluations of the position players. It's going to be real interesting the next couple weeks what we end up doing."

That means the development of Robinson, a cornerback, and Wright, a receiver, will be closely watched. Both have had difficulties tracking the ball, especially on kicks outside. That said, Priefer said he would also pick the sure-handed receiver.

"I've preached ball security since I've been here," he said.

Fusco improving
    Injuries have given Brandon Fusco the starting right guard spot almost by default. But Frazier doesn't want Fusco to get too comfortable, and is motivating the second-year player.

"We still have to keep giving him more opportunities to be in situations," Frazier said. "This weekend will be a good test for him. San Diego has a good front, although it's a 3-4. He's been a lot more consistent than he has been in the past."

Injuries have decreased the competition at the spot. Geoff Schwartz is out (sports hernia), and neither Joe Berger nor Chris DeGeare has been able to unseat Fusco. Still, Frazier does not want the second-year guard to feel the position is being handed to him.

"You don't want it to be starter by default," Frazier said. "You want to keep putting him in situations to see how he handles things, and then make a determination on it. He's done a good job, but he's had a limited amount of experience."

Etc.
    • Cornerback Chris Cook (concussion) still is not cleared to practice. Frazier said he hoped Cook could practice Wednesday but that he probably would miss the third preseason game. That means more snaps for Robinson and Chris Carr. Frazier didn't say who would start.

• Defensive end Everson Griffen, who missed Monday's workouts because of illness, returned to practice Tuesday. Also back on the field was linebacker Solomon Elimimian (hamstring), who returned after missing two days of practice. Not practicing were Cook, receiver Kamar Jordan (hand), guard Bridger Buche, Schwartz and John Carlson (knee).

• Offensive lineman DeMarcus Love looked good in practice Monday and could play in Friday's game against San Diego.

• Frazier said he would limit the snaps for running back Toby Gerhart over the final two preseason games.
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vi...efer=y&refer=y

I get the feeling that Sherels and Burton are going to be fighting for one roster spot.

I'm glad that Elimimian is feeling better, and two names that are notably missing from the list of guys not practicing are Robert Blanton and Jordan Todman. If we dial back the work Toby is doing, hopefully we give some more snaps to Todman and Asiata.

Glad that Love is feeling better too, I hope he can earn a spot on the roster now.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Jerome Simpson glad to be free from the “Iron Pimp”
    Missing the first three weeks of the season is going to be difficult for Vikings receiver Jerome Simpson.

But at least he won’t have to depend on the “Iron Pimp.”

That was the name of the snack machine in the Kentucky jail where Simpson spent 15 days after pleading guilty to a felony drug charge, for having two pounds of marijuana shipped to his home. The “Iron Pimp” dispensed the Cheetos that got Simpson through his brief stay.

“That part of my life is out of my life,”Simpson told Jeremy Fowler of the St. Paul Pioneer Press. “You can take things for granted when you’re a person that’s free, but now that I’ve kind of had my freedom taken away from me, it’s not a good experience.”

For violating the league’s substance abuse policy, he’s suspended three games, and also required to submit to weekly drug tests.

He’s also on what amounts to football house-arrest, after the Vikings are pulling back his reps in practice to get other players ready for his absence. That had Simpson volunteering to work with the scout team just to stay busy.

But no matter the short-term pain, it’s better than an actual jail.

Simpson said fellow inmates were gracious to him, guards less so.

“Sometimes the guards, they kind of have their own egos of me being in the NFL,” Simpson said. “They tried to be a little tougher on me, watched me more. They never laid their hands on me though.”

Mostly, he’s trying to use him time inside as an object lesson, and a chance to turn himself around.

“A lot of guys told me, ‘Don’t come back here, man. This isn’t a place for you,’ ” Simpson said. “They would ask me for autographs. It lifted me up. Sometimes you don’t realize how you can affect people.”

His absence is going to affect the Vikings, who won’t have much in the way of receiving options besides Percy Harvin the first three weeks without him.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...the-iron-pimp/

Good story. I know I wouldn't be the first guy to make the comparison here but I hope Simpson had the kind of wake up call that Cris Carter did. Speaking of witch he didn't look too bad on TV the other day, I wonder if we should try to go out and sign him?

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Jerome Simpson glad to be free from the “Iron Pimp”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...the-iron-pimp/

Good story. I know I wouldn't be the first guy to make the comparison here but I hope Simpson had the kind of wake up call that Cris Carter did. Speaking of witch he didn't look too bad on TV the other day, I wonder if we should try to go out and sign him?
    Sign Who?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coenthar View Post
    Sign Who?
    Carter (get it, we're so bad we gotta force Cris out of retirement ?)

Page 25 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast