Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Cool story. I wonder what his skillset is, possible 3rd down back?
    Bridgewater Draft and Highlights Video

Adobt-A-Viking: Josh Robinson
    18 Tackles, 2 INTs, 45.7 Passer Rating

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    Cool story. I wonder what his skillset is, possible 3rd down back?
    Sadly no, I don't think so. He only had 5 receptions last year, and is more of a short yardage bruiser (used to play FB). No doubt we'd probably like him in pass protection but I doubt he has the skills as a receiver to really fulfill that safety valve option as well. I think they really like him, and he'll probably end up on the PS (I think its going to come down to Hilliard or Todman as far as who backs up Toby/AP) but I can see teams vulturing him if he does well in the pre-season.

I don't quite understand the trend that the team is setting though, stocking up on the short-yardage strong but slow type guys. Right now we have Rhett Ellison (he's going to make the team this year) Jerome Felton (FB/H-Back) Matt Asiata (FB) Ryan D'Imperio (FB) Lex Hilliard (RB/H-Back) and Coleman, along with AP and Toby. The only fast and squirmy little guy we've got is Todman (probably the best receiver after AP and Toby and who I think our Booker replacement will be), it looks to me like we plan to do a lot of short pounding up the middle.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Kalil and Robison remained unsigned
    As of today, the only unsigned Vikings are first-round pick Matt Kalil and third-rounder Josh Robinson. The fact that Kalil is unsigned isn’t a big surprise. Of the 32 players that remain unsigned, eight of them were the top eight selections in April’s draft.

It doesn’t surprise many that the top picks remain unsigned. That’s been a tradition for years – pre- and post-lockout – but Robinson remaining unsigned shouldn’t be a big surprise either. Of the 32 unsigned rookies, 14 of them are first-round picks and 13 more are third-round selections. Why it has been so difficult to get third-round picks locked down remains something of mystery, but they are believed to be seeking contracts closer to the second-rounders.
    http://min.scout.com/2/1200473.html

vCash
    "@TomPelissero: Everson Griffen is down to 263 pounds, has been told by #Vikings coaches he'll be at linebacker when camp begins. http://t.co/BN93zN4a"
    https://twitter.com/tompelissero/sta...91559319076865

vCash
    Chris Cook - DB - Vikings
    Jul 10 - 2:52 PM

Opposing quarterbacks produced a 126.6 passer rating versus the Vikings in 10 games without Chris Cook compared to a 78.6 rating in six games with the talented cornerback in the lineup last season.

To further illustrate Cook's impact, opposing QBs boasted a laughably dominant 26:2 TD-to-INT ratio and 72.5 completion percentage in those 10 games he missed. At 6'2" and 212 pounds, Cook has the size, athleticism, and physicality to match up with NFC North beasts Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, and Jordy Nelson. Look for Cook to shadow opposing No. 1 receivers in 2012.

Source: ESPN.com
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...yer-news/?rw=1

vCash
    So apparently Everson Griffen was talking smack throughout Larry Fitzgerald's camp and went one on one with Fitzgerald and others. Here is a video of what happened:

http://www.1500espn.com/videos/vikin...rry_fitzgerald

pretty funny stuff

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Damn, Griffen is fast for a big dude.

vCash
    Percy Harvin - WR - Vikings
    According to ESPN 1500 Twin Cities, Percy Harvin "has no intention" of playing for the Vikings in 2013 without a new contract.
    Harvin dropped his trade demand and is willing to play for $915K in 2012, but he wants an extension after the season. Per beat reporter Tom Pelissero, the Vikings have reservations about a long-term commitment due to Harvin's at-times manipulative behavior, inconsistent practice availability, history of off-field issues (though minor in the pros), and asking price. For 2012, the contract is not a concern. It sounds like it definitely will be after the season.
    rotoworld

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Percy Harvin - WR - Vikings

rotoworld
    For such a bad guy you people claim Percy to be, 915 grand is pretty dam cheap for one of the biggest home run hitters in the league to be playing for...I think he has every right to make that claim and i think he's earned the extension we better be giving him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    So apparently Everson Griffen was talking smack throughout Larry Fitzgerald's camp and went one on one with Fitzgerald and others. Here is a video of what happened:

http://www.1500espn.com/videos/vikin...rry_fitzgerald

pretty funny stuff
    He definitely has the potential to be our breakout player of the year. It would be awesome to see him at LB, he would be ideal for matching up with TEs in coverage and can bring the heat on zone blitzes.

vCash
    Griffen will breakout this year but lets just hope he can keep his ego in check. He appears to be in great shape & I think we'll see him all over the field this year. I expect to see different packages to get him on the field whether on the line or coming LB side. Hell I wouldn't be surprised to see Erin moved to Mike and Griffen moved to the outside. Our LB coverage would be outstanding in terms of speed.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

vCash
    Jerome Simpson - WR - Vikings
    Vikings OC Bill Musgrave "can't rave enough" about how valuable WR Jerome Simpson's speed will be on the outside.
    Musgrave senses a good rapport between Simpson and Christian Ponder. "I think they sense we're going to give both of them a chance to make a ton of plays," he said. Suspended the first three games, Simpson is worthy of a late-round fantasy flier. Just don't count on more than inconsistent WR4 production.
    rotoworld

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    I love the Everson Griffen to linebacker move...he's got good size and speed along with great athletic ability, if he turns out to be a good OLB we can move either chad or erin to the MLB spot.....this move also allows us to get into some 3-4 looks to cause some confusion, not only can Everson rush the passer from the OLB position but i think Allen and Robison can do the same also....All 3 will be on the field on 3rd downs

vCash
    John Carlson - TE - Vikings
    Jul 17 - 10:50 AM

Offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave had high praise for TE John Carlson's ability in the red zone.

Carlson is expected to serve as the in-line tight end as the Vikings pair him with Kyle Rudolph. He did have 12 touchdowns during his first two NFL seasons. "In the red zone, he has a sense for zone and an ability to slide into an opening and then make a tough, contested catch," Musgrave said. Still, we don't see Carlson getting enough targets between the 20s to be a fantasy asset.

Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...l-player-news/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Jerome Simpson - WR - Vikings

rotoworld
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    John Carlson - TE - Vikings
    Jul 17 - 10:50 AM
    The addition of Simpson and Carlson, along with an emerging Kyle Rudolph and Percy Harvin, has me pretty excited about this offense. I'm excited to see what Ponder can do with this offense now that we have some talent around him. These are the 4 guys we are going to rely heavily on next season and I think it's a pretty solid group.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast