Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    He makes millions of dollars so he can't eat McDonalds? Idk wtf runs through some people's minds
    Quote Originally Posted by SalisBurySteak View Post
    Getting a DWI is nothing to be proud of, don't get me wrong, but McDonalds? You make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year and you eat at McDonalds? Sounds like Felton is slumming it with Martellus Bennett on the "Bryant McKinnie Miracle Diet Off-Season Program"...
    Well his deal is only worth $750,000 but I don't see why that means he can't eat at McDonalds? Of course he can eat at any 5 star restaurant that he wants but honestly who cares where he eats. Plus McDonalds tastes pretty good when your drunk

“I can’t wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and we’re standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and we’re all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him he’s world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.”
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Well his deal is only worth $750,000 but I don't see why that means he can't eat at McDonalds? Of course he can eat at any 5 star restaurant that he wants but honestly who cares where he eats. Plus McDonalds tastes pretty good when your drunk
    I doubt there are any 5 star places open at like 3 in the morning when he was pulled over.

On a serious note, some of their food is actually getting good. Go have one of their McBiestro chicken sandwiches (I recommend the grilled chicken BLT). After finishing it, you really wouldn't think it came from McDonalds, much higher quality than the slop they usually serve. I'm also a fan of their strawberry-banana smoothies, lots of sugar but still probably better than a coke.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SalisBurySteak View Post
    Getting a DWI is nothing to be proud of, don't get me wrong, but McDonalds? You make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year and you eat at McDonalds? Sounds like Felton is slumming it with Martellus Bennett on the "Bryant McKinnie Miracle Diet Off-Season Program"...
    Just because a guy/gal makes a lot of money does not mean they should give up on Mickey D's.

I make decent money and I still go there. In fact not long ago, Adrian Peterson visited Mickey D's.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-use-restroom/

I think I will move back to Minny and open up a Mickey D just so that I can hang out with some of the Vikes.

vCash
    Yeah, nothing like the late night munchies at McD's. lol
    Bridgewater Draft and Highlights Video

Adobt-A-Viking: Josh Robinson
    2 Tackles, 1 INTs, 2.8 QB Rating

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    He makes millions of dollars so he can't eat McDonalds? Idk wtf runs through some people's minds
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleplayer543 View Post
    mc donalds dont sell millions of burger just to poor people lol
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvikingfan View Post
    Just because a guy/gal makes a lot of money does not mean they should give up on Mickey D's.

I make decent money and I still go there. In fact not long ago, Adrian Peterson visited Mickey D's.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-use-restroom/

I think I will move back to Minny and open up a Mickey D just so that I can hang out with some of the Vikes.
    Okay guys, in the interest of levity, jokes on me I guess? Apparently McKinnie has a very successful program. Billions and Billions served in fact...

vCash
    I don't make a lot of money, and I still refuse to eat at McDonalds. And not because of status, wealth, or anything like that. Just simply because their food is awful. In fact, I typically steer clear of most fast food. Except In n Out, which we unfortunately don't have in Tennessee...

Oh, and John Hamm drinks Budweiser. And he probably has a lot more money than Felton.

vCash
    Chad Ochocinco got a second job at McD's

Best thing to eat when your drunk is Jack n the Box tacos

Not sure if they have any of those out there though and I feel bad for you if they don't!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Vikings View Post
    Chad Ochocinco got a second job at McD's

Best thing to eat when your drunk is Jack n the Box tacos

Not sure if they have any of those out there though and I feel bad for you if they don't!
    Born and raised in Jersey i am still waiting to see my first jack in the box.....i'm all about checkers

vCash
    Felton apologizes for DUI
    June 6 apparently was the NFL’s First Annual Apologize for a DUI Arrest Day. Joining Jaguars receiver Justin Blackmon, who apologized for his Sunday arrest at a press conference attended by his coach and the G.M. who drafted Blackmon, was Vikings fullback Jerome Felton, who was arrested for DUI a day earlier, while rolling through the drive-thru lane of a McDonald’s.

“Everybody on this team and in this organization has been good to me and the fans have been great,” Felton said, via the Associated Press. “I love it here. I can’t put myself in negative situations that don’t have a positive impact on the team and the community. That’s something that’s very important to me and I just want to sincerely apologize to the fans, No. 1, the organization and everybody around the Vikings.”

Apology or not, coach Leslie Frazier isn’t happy.

“I was extremely disappointed,” Frazier said regarding the arrest, via comments distributed by the team. “We talked about some things when we got together for our first OTA and our meetings on how we wanted to conduct ourselves and then when a new guy comes to the club and he’s a veteran guy and something happens like it did over the weekend, it’s very disappointing and it’s something that we’ll have to deal with and have to address but you don’t want that to drown out all of the good things that some of our players are doing and what they do in the community. Extremely disappointed with what happened.”

Felton was signed in March, and he’s listed as the team’s starting fullback. If he doesn’t avoid these kinds of issues in the future, his next trip to McDonald’s may entail asking for an application.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...gizes-for-dui/

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Christian Ponder sees himself playing with Matt Kalil for 10-15 years
    Using last year’s first-round draft pick on Christian Ponder was a sign that the Vikings believed in him as their franchise quarterback for years to come. Using this year’s first-round draft pick on Matt Kalil was a sign that the Vikings wanted to keep Ponder upright for years to come.

That’s how Ponder views it: He told Andrew Siciliano on NFL Network’s Total Access that he could see himself growing old in the NFL with Kalil as his left tackle.

“I haven’t stopped smiling since that Thursday night of the draft,” Ponder said. “I’m definitely excited that we picked up Matt and he’s already impressed me. He’s come into these OTAs and he’s working hard. He’s a big guy, he’s really athletic and he’s going to do a great job. Obviously he did really well at USC and he’s going to continue that and be really good in the NFL. Hopefully we have 10-15 years together with the Vikings.”

Ponder said he knows that with the Packers, Lions and Bears all in the same division, almost everyone is picking the Vikings to finish last in the NFC North. But Ponder says the Vikings will surprise people.

“A lot of us, myself as well, kind of like the underdog role,” Ponder said. “We’re going into the season, a lot of people don’t have too high expectations for us. We know internally that we really have high expectations for ourselves. We know the talent we have on this team, we have the right pieces coming together and we’re working hard in OTAs to get better for next year. It is a tough division, we have to be competitive, there are going to be a lot of tough games every week but it’s going to make our team better. We’re trying to make it to the playoffs.”

Making the playoffs this year will be a long shot, but if Ponder and Kalil are as good as the Vikings think they’ll be, Minnesota has the nucleus in place for a team that should make the playoffs many times in the years ahead.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...r-10-15-years/

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Toby Gerhart - RB - Vikings
    Coach Leslie Frazier said "there's a very good chance [Toby Gerhart] is going to have to really carry the load early on."
    Adrian Peterson (ACL, MCL, meniscus surgery) will be less than nine months removed from his surgery when Week 1 rolls around. Despite his optimism, the PUP list remains a distinct possibility. In the five games that Peterson has missed over the last two seasons, Gerhart has averaged 21.0 touches.
    rotoworld

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Jerome Felton - RB - Vikings
    NFL spokesman Greg Aiello confirmed the league is reviewing Vikings FB Jerome Felton's Saturday arrest for DUI.
    Felton already had one DUI arrest within the past ten years. He's now subject to discipline under the NFL's personal conduct policy. Signed to a one-year, $700,000 contract, Felton won't be guaranteed a roster spot this summer.
    rotoworld

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Q&A with Vikings safety Mistral Raymond: 'I trained a lot different'
    by Tom Pelissero

For the first six weeks of his rookie season, safety Mistral Raymond was a spectator.

The Minnesota Vikings deactivated their sixth-round pick out of South Florida until Week 7, when Raymond made his debut on special teams.

Injuries eventually ravaged the safety position, and Raymond got his shot, starting the last five games and snaring his first career interception on Dec. 24 at Washington to snap a lengthy, team-wide drought.

Now he's in a competition to be a full-time starter at a position as unsettled as any on the Vikings roster. He's been working alongside Jamarca Sanford with the first team during organized team activity practices, although it's probably only a matter of time before first-round draft pick Harrison Smith moves up the depth chart.

After Wednesday's practice, Raymond spoke with 1500ESPN.com about his development, his evaluation of his rookie season and his approach to the competition.

A lot of people say the most important offseason in any player's career is the one right after his rookie season. How has it gone for you?

I trained a lot different. Coming into my rookie year, it was all about the combine training and the pro day training and all that. I had a full offseason just to focus on technique and getting in the weight room and getting stronger and just watching and learning from some of the veteran guys from my team and that I know around the league on how to train and what to do during the offseason. It's been good for me, man. I feel good going into the season, and hopefully, just keep it rolling.

That is a weird deal going into the draft, where you're running 40s every day and focusing on timing well, rather than technique.

Yeah, and mentally, going in, that stuff is important, but you want to get the technique stuff down when you're preparing for that stuff. It was good for me to actually be able to go out and focus on the things that I need to improve on and areas on the field and just learn from the guys, man. Just to take what they're giving me and run with it.

It looks like you put on a little muscle.

Yeah, I think I did. I did actually put on a few pounds. Just trying to make myself a better all-around football player.

You had some positive stretches once you got into the lineup last year, but you dropped out multiple times with cramps. Your hydration was an issue. Is that something you've focused on?

Absolutely. (Head athletic trainer) Eric Sugarman and his staff did a great job of just staying on top of me about that stuff. After awhile, you get tired of hearing them complain to you. So, just being a professional, you know how to take care of that stuff. That won't be an issue for me. Hopefully, I'll just keep doing the things I'm doing and I'll be fine.

Did you take IVs in college?

I did, a few games. There were a few incidents where I'd take the IVs. Down there in that Florida heat, it's a lot different, man. So, I think my body kind of became accustomed to taking it. Here, we want to get away from that.

They just want you to chug Gatorade all day.

Yeah, just chug Gatorade and get all those electrolytes and water. That stuff makes a big difference.

How do you evaluate your performance in those five starts you had last year?

It was a process, just getting in and sitting behind those guys for the first six weeks of the season, not dressing and watching them. I think (former assistant backs coach Matt) Sheldon did a great job of keeping me prepared when I wasn't on the field. So, once I got on the field, it was just all about catching up to the game speed. The game speed is just something you can't simulate in practice. You just can't do it, no matter how you try. But once I got caught up to the game speed and learned the defense and started to really understand the defense, I think I did some good things and hopefully, I can improve on those areas and eliminate some of the bad stuff I did.

Do you come into the offseason saying, 'I'm the starter?'

I would hope everyone does. That's what you've got to have -- guys that want to be out there and want to be on the field and want to be in those pressure situations and want to contribute to the team. So, I would hope that that's everyone's mentality.

There are going to be a lot of guys competing for those spots, though. They drafted Harrison Smith in the first round. They drafted Robert Blanton. Jamarca Sanford is back. I would guess they'll be trying a bunch of combinations and seeing what sticks.

It's good for us. It's good for everybody. Competition brings out the best in the man. So, like I told the guys, man -- let's not look at it as we're competing against each other, but we've all got common goals, so moreso, we're competion with each other. The best guys are going to be on the field. But regardless, as long as we're all prepared, no matter who's on the field, hopefully, we can do some good things for this team. That's what important -- just making sure we just get it all together.

How much is different schematically with Alan Williams taking over as coordinator?

It's pretty similar. He's coming from a Cover-2 scheme. So, it's a lot of similarities. Maybe just a few different terminologies and he's throwing a few wrinkles here and there. But before you get familiar with the defense and everything, you want to get familiar with the person. So, just trying to sit down with him and learn what he's all about and what he expects, what his expectations are -- not only from us, but from himself. It's been good for us and it's working for us right now. We're flying around and making some plays on the ball.

And he has to get to know you guys, too, so he can figure out how to put people in a position to succeed.

Absolutely. And he'll be the first to tell you that. He doesn't know us like the back of his hand right now. But once he gets familiar with us, he'll learn what he do better in some areas and some areas we don't.
    http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Q...ifferent060712

“I can’t wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and we’re standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and we’re all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him he’s world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.”
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Notebook: Jerome Simpson continues to make a positive impression
    by Tom Pelissero

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- It was no surprise who got the biggest cheer from teammates at the Minnesota Vikings' second open organized team activity practice on Wednesday.

Players on both sides of the ball exploded as receiver Jerome Simpson rose over cornerback Chris Cook's back to haul in a "go" ball from Christian Ponder during an 11-on-11 drill, holding on with one hand as he flopped to the ground.

"Christian just threw a great ball," Simpson said. "I just did what I was supposed to do: catch it."

Simpson's fellow receivers mobbed him as he jogged back to the sideline. Ponder came over to hug him a few minutes later.

It was just a single play in a non-padded practice. But Simpson has generated buzz within Winter Park almost from the day he signed a one-year deal in April, putting his athleticism on display each time he takes the field.

"Anybody that witnessed that play (Wednesday), you're going to get jacked up," coach Leslie Frazier said. "That was an incredible play and one of the reasons we get excited about him. We're hoping to see that on Sunday afternoons, plays like that. That will really help our team, help our quarterback's confidence, and we need that."

The Vikings project Simpson as their starting split end. But he will miss the season's first three games while serving a suspension for his guilty plea to a felony drug charge, which also yielded a 15-day jail term he already has served.

Though Simpson is eligible to practice and play with the team through the preseason finale, the Vikings will have to figure out how to ration reps smartly in camp.

"We'll have to change a few things, because ... we're not going to have him early on," Frazier said. "So, we have to get someone else ready, taking those early reps, but yet bring him along where he's getting some reps, too, to make sure he's into it mentally. But we'll have to go through that and make sure we get those guys ready who are going to be playing in the games."

No Harvin, Greenway

One day after receiver Percy Harvin and linebacker Chad Greenway made their OTA debuts, both players were absent again.

Frazier said the shoulder that required surgery to remove bone spurs on April 24 isn't believed to be an issue for Harvin, who had been attending all meetings during OTAs even before he was cleared to practice.

"Nothing that I'm aware of regarding his shoulder," Frazier said. "It's a voluntary camp, so hopefully, we'll have him back (Thursday)."

Greenway has been dealing with an undisclosed family matter. Frazier said he received a call at 6:30 a.m. saying the situation had taken a turn for the worse.

"He had to head where he had to go, so he's dealing with some major issues in his family," Frazier said. "Chad is a loyal guy. He wants to be here. But he's dealing with a serious matter."

Health watch

Rookie receiver Greg Childs remains sidelined by the calf strain he suffered in rookie camp a month ago.

"He's missing some valuable time, but at the same time, that can happen as a wide receiver," Frazier said of Childs, the fourth-round pick from Arkansas.

"You could have some muscle pulls. He's experiencing that right now, and I know he's getting treatment and doing everything he can to get back on the field and begin to learn the offense not just from a mental standpoint, but the physical part of what we do. He's missing that. But he'll get caught up. He's a smart kid."

Frazier emphasized the injury is not related to the patella tendon issue that hobbled Childs over his final two college seasons.

"I don't know if he's that far behind," Frazier said. "Our doctors cleared him, said he's 100 percent and he's ready to go."

Receiver Kerry Taylor was a limited participant in practice because of an apparent finger injury.

Also absent were halfbacks Adrian Peterson (knee surgery) and Derrick Coleman (school conflict) and end Jared Allen, who never participates in OTAs.

Quick hits

WR Jarius Wright took the lion's share of punt return reps and appeared to have some issue tracking the ball, dropping at least two. "It's not easy at all," Wright said. "You learn more and more as you go on. It's stuff that they're teaching me here that we didn't learn in college. So, it's just catching on and remembering. That's basically the hard part." DB Reggie Jones also got several opportunities and caught the ball well.

Second-year OL Brandon Fusco took the first-team reps at right guard while Geoff Schwartz worked with the twos.
    http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/N...pression060612

- Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Percy Harvin - WR - Vikings
    Percy Harvin (shoulder surgery) was a no-show for Thursday's OTA practice after returning to the field on Tuesday.
    Coach Leslie Frazier downplayed the absence, suggesting Harvin didn't show because it was a voluntary practice. Harvin, though, hinted on Twitter that he may have rushed back too quickly. "There's no such thing as minor surgery, trust me," wrote Harvin. "From [practice Tuesday], hope I didn't overdo it."
    rotoworld

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast