Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikings1252 View Post
    http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/v...nelName=Recent

Is it just me that thinks this stuff is probably more important than whether a guy is talented or not? I'm sorry but I don't care how good someone is, if he gets into trouble then he isn't worth it. Felton is making more money than most people do in this world yet he stupid enough to do this crap? We need more guys that help out the community and no more punks who get into trouble.
    i agree that we shouldn't tolerate behavior like this especially with our track record, but i don't understand the connection your making with being rich and doing dumb things

Just because you're rich doesn't mean you aren't human anymore....yes he has the funds to call a cab hell he can even have his own personal driver, but that doesn't mean he won't make a dumb mistake

There are business men and CEO'S and numerous other people out there that make much more money than jerome felton and get DUIs, they just don't play in the NFL so you don't hear about it

vCash
    http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/v...nelName=Recent

Is it just me that thinks this stuff is probably more important than whether a guy is talented or not? I'm sorry but I don't care how good someone is, if he gets into trouble then he isn't worth it. Felton is making more money than most people do in this world yet he stupid enough to do this crap? We need more guys that help out the community and no more punks who get into trouble.
    I hear ya, man we need more role models, and esp when these guys get paid like this.

vCash
    I totally understand that people make mistakes, no matter who it is. But given out track record this past year, isn't it time to say that "enough is enough"???

I mean come on its bad enough we were 3-13 but now another guy gets arrested?? Ugh when will this stop

vCash
    I totally understand that people make mistakes, no matter who it is. But given out track record this past year, isn't it time to say that "enough is enough"???

I mean come on its bad enough we were 3-13 but now another guy gets arrested?? Ugh when will this stop
    why not let this get resolved in the leagle system before we ax this guy. after most where ready to dispatch cook last year when he had his problems. heck the rams had a player killed a woman while driving drunk a decade ago and dont forget mike vick. lets wait and see then react

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleplayer543 View Post
    why not let this get resolved in the leagle system before we ax this guy. after most where ready to dispatch cook last year when he had his problems. heck the rams had a player killed a woman while driving drunk a decade ago and dont forget mike vick. lets wait and see then react
    I stood up for Cook, and even Caleb King (who as far as we know has not yet been charged) but we've got to draw a line somewhere. We should set our standards higher than the Rams with Leonard Little.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    So Jerome Felton was arrested for his DWI while in the McDonalds drive thru lane lol

@1500ESPNJudd: Jerome Felton arrested for DWI in very interesting place early Saturday http://bit.ly/K8yVWN

“I can’t wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and we’re standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and we’re all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him he’s world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.”
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Vikings full Asher Allen's roster spot, sign rookie DB Corey Gatewood
    Five days after the Minnesota Vikings announced Asher Allen's retirement, they filled his spot on the roster, signing free-agent defensive back Corey Gatewood.

Gatewood, 23, started six games at cornerback as a sophomore at Stanford in 2009 before moving back to receiver, apparently at his request. He had only two catches for 27 yards in his college career.

The 5-11, 188-pounder ran the 40-yard dash in 4.44 seconds and had a 40-inch vertical leap at Stanford's pro day on March 17. He wasn't drafted.
    http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/V...Gatewood060412

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Vikings commence process of replacing Asher Allen
    Before Asher Allen unexpectedly retired last week, a whopping 10 percent of the team’s 90-man offseason roster was devoted to the cornerback position, which has become a major weakness for the franchise in recent years.

And now that Allen has gone, the Vikings have gotten back up to nine corners by signing former Stanford cornerback Corey Gatewood. The team announced the move on Monday.

Gatewood brings a special kind of inside information to the table, in preparation for the team’s Week Two game against Gatewood’s former college teammate, Colts quarterback Andrew Luck. Gatewood arrived in Palo Alto as a running back, but then switched to cornerback. He played corner until late in the 2010 season, when he was moved to receiver. He stayed at receiver until being moved back to corner midway through the 2011 season.

So he has practiced with and against Luck, running routes for him and figuring out how to try to stop him. If Gatewood can make the cut from 90 to 53 in Minnesota, it could be useful intelligence as the Vikings, who open with the Jags at home and then travel to Indy, could turn the page on a disappointing 3-13 season by starting 2-0.

That said, if the Vikings plan for replacing Allen consists solely of signing a cornerback who previously was unemployed at a time when nearly 2,900 players have NFL jobs, their best shot at 2-0 will come only in the preseason.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...g-asher-allen/

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Felton’s DUI bust came in drive-thru lane at McDonald’s
    On Saturday, Vikings fullback Jerome Felton became the latest (until Sunday) NFL player to be arrested for drunk driving. But he became the first NFL figure since former Lions defensive line coach Joe Cullen to be arrested in connection with the drive-thru lane at a fast-food restaurant.

In 2006 (my gosh has it been that long?), Cullen was busted for driving naked, after pulling up to the in-car window at a Wendy’s. (At least he stayed in the vehicle.) The incident came not long after Cullen had been arrested for driving drunk, while fully clothed.

For Felton, his arrest for second-degree DWI came early Saturday at the McDonald’s in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, according to Judd Zulgad of 1500ESPN.com, after police received a report of an intoxicated driver waiting in the drive-thru lane. Felton refused to submit to breath testing.

Felton also was charged with third-degree DWI with the aggravating factor of one prior DWI conviction within 10 years.

A fifth-round pick in 2008, Felton appeared in 56 games for the Lions. He signed a one-year deal with the Vikings in March.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ive-thru-lane/

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Felton’s DUI bust came in drive-thru lane at McDonald’s

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ive-thru-lane/
    I hope he got his big Mac and fries.

vCash
    Getting a DWI is nothing to be proud of, don't get me wrong, but McDonalds? You make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year and you eat at McDonalds? Sounds like Felton is slumming it with Martellus Bennett on the "Bryant McKinnie Miracle Diet Off-Season Program"...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    Vikings commence process of replacing Asher Allen

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...g-asher-allen/
    if the vikings cant start out 2-0 then frasier needs to be fired before week 3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SalisBurySteak View Post
    Getting a DWI is nothing to be proud of, don't get me wrong, but McDonalds? You make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year and you eat at McDonalds? Sounds like Felton is slumming it with Martellus Bennett on the "Bryant McKinnie Miracle Diet Off-Season Program"...
    He makes millions of dollars so he can't eat McDonalds? Idk wtf runs through some people's minds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SalisBurySteak View Post
    mc donalds dont sell millions of burger just to poor people lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleplayer543 View Post
    if the vikings cant start out 2-0 then frasier needs to be fired before week 3
    Yup, so then we'll have three head coaches on the books instead of two. What it comes down to is WHY we lose games. If we continue to blow huge leads then its time for a change, but yeah fire the HC after week 2, Mike Singletary can be our interim HC, would be a real smart move, we'll start winning games for sure then

This is going to be the proof-of-concept year for the whole team. The foundation was laid last year with the drafting of Ponder. This year they have upgraded deficiencies, mainly though the draft but also with low risk/high reward short tearm FA signings (this could bite us in the *** if Simpson or any of the other FAs have a breakout year and then have a huge price tag). I don't think we're a playoff contender but the team should have notable improvements this season. If Frazier has a bad season this year, I do think we should buyout the last year in his contract, but I don't think running this season under an interim HC would be of any use.

Jacksonville has a really good defense and MJD. I think Indy is more ****ed up than we are right now, but there is no way that I just count those two games as in the bag. The team is going to have to play hard to beat those guys.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast