Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 165664656667 LastLast
    vCash
    Look. I feel the same way about keeping Harvin, I just do not feel like he wants to be a Viking. I have that Gut feeling. All I am saying guys is get ready. It to me is not a matter of IF, it's when.
    IF it does happen, Getting a guy like Bush puts back into place on the offense what we would miss in Harvin.
    IF he does decide to go. His value at this point is through the roof. And IF he wants out like he has complained many times and has been getting worse attitude wise, then we need all we can get if this happens.
    Adding a guy like Reggie Bush could be a great blessing for us on kickoff and punt return. Bush is a big threat in the slot and out of the backfield.
    sign the guy as a free agent. Sign Bowe, use the draft pick out of the Harvin trade and grab another WR or Guard or MLB and out of that trade brings in a ton of help.
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSportMessiah View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but would anyone here take Alex Smith or Phillip Rivers over Christian Ponder at this point?

I think if they were to make a run at either Alex Smith may be the best bet. Phillip Rivers attitude is just a huge turn off...he is as bad as Jay Cutler as far as attitude goes. There is a lot of talent there but a lot of risk.
    dont want alex smith, i dont think the bol.ts will let rivers escape without a tag but matt moore should be available he has no future in miami.

another thought dont know where else to ask it so. is next weeks game with the packers the last ever at the metro dome ?????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSportMessiah View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but would anyone here take Alex Smith or Phillip Rivers over Christian Ponder at this point?

I think if they were to make a run at either Alex Smith may be the best bet. Phillip Rivers attitude is just a huge turn off...he is as bad as Jay Cutler as far as attitude goes. There is a lot of talent there but a lot of risk.
    dont want alex smith, i dont think the bol.ts will let rivers escape without a tag but matt moore should be available he has no future in miami.

another thought dont know where else to ask it so. is next weeks game with the packers the last ever at the metro dome ?????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleplayer543 View Post

I really hope not. They aren't supposed to break ground for the new stadium until at least October of next year, and even then they don't have to close the dome until some time later as they're going to begin construction in the parking lot. I really want to be at the last game in the Metrodome next year, I'm sort of figuring they will do an Alumni type thing, sort of like they did with the 50th anniversary. All kinds of history in that place. Despite the bad blood over how hard they had to fight to replace it, I think that Zygi will send the dome out in style.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post
    I really hope not. They aren't supposed to break ground for the new stadium until at least October of next year, and even then they don't have to close the dome until some time later as they're going to begin construction in the parking lot. I really want to be at the last game in the Metrodome next year, I'm sort of figuring they will do an Alumni type thing, sort of like they did with the 50th anniversary. All kinds of history in that place. Despite the bad blood over how hard they had to fight to replace it, I think that Zygi will send the dome out in style.
    thanks for the info

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel0227 View Post
    Look. I feel the same way about keeping Harvin, I just do not feel like he wants to be a Viking. I have that Gut feeling. All I am saying guys is get ready. It to me is not a matter of IF, it's when.
    IF it does happen, Getting a guy like Bush puts back into place on the offense what we would miss in Harvin.
    IF he does decide to go. His value at this point is through the roof. And IF he wants out like he has complained many times and has been getting worse attitude wise, then we need all we can get if this happens.
    Adding a guy like Reggie Bush could be a great blessing for us on kickoff and punt return. Bush is a big threat in the slot and out of the backfield.
    sign the guy as a free agent. Sign Bowe, use the draft pick out of the Harvin trade and grab another WR or Guard or MLB and out of that trade brings in a ton of help.
    Hasn't he only complained this offseason? As far as we know anyway. And as far as we know too his attitude hasn't been bad, AP sure seems to like him.
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel0227 View Post
    How is it getting worse? Percy hasn't said a word the entire season. I don't think it's fair to make an assessment as to what might happen until some negotiations start. $$$$$$ talks! Ask DeSean Jackson

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    How is it getting worse? Percy hasn't said a word the entire season. I don't think it's fair to make an assessment as to what might happen until some negotiations start. $$$$$$ talks! Ask DeSean Jackson
    I think it is important to look at the money from Percy's point of view for a minute. Most of us think that it is important just because he would be making more, which is only half the issue.

As Percy Harvin (figuratively speaking), I want a new contract because I have shown that I am an elite weapon in this league and I want to know that I am going to be alright financially for the rest of my life. I don't want to play in the last year of my contract and sustain a career ending injury and not earn another penny. Its all about security.

vCash

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by niftynation11 View Post
    Hasn't he only complained this offseason? As far as we know anyway. And as far as we know too his attitude hasn't been bad, AP sure seems to like him.
    Hey now we can't have that, you're not reading the tea leaves.
    Harvin complained ONCE when he asked for a trade and missed HALF A DAY Of practice and he "returned" (its arguable if he was ever really gone) after having a conversation with Frazier. A conversation which as far as we know may not have had ANYTHING to do with Percy's contract situation going into this year. Evidently (if we believe what both he and Frazier said on the matter) was about Harvin not being satisfied because he didn't know what his role was on the team and in his own opinion was not being used enough.

He hates the team and wants to leave, yet publicly he's said he said he wished he could finish out the year with his teammates. He hates Christian Ponder, yet the latest thing he's said about him is that he's much improved from last year. He did all this for money yet he was in all appearances perfectly content to play this season on his rookie contract (and put up career numbers while doing so, unlike say DeSean Jackson who played scared for a year because he didn't want to get hurt).

The way he's talked about on this board you would think he's Titus Young. He was once seen yelling on the sidelines against Seattle and he once wanted to punch Chilly in the mouth after he waived Randy Moss (and that's NEVER happened before with Chilly, just ask Brett Favre and Brad Johnson, or Marcus Robinson, the guy he cut on Christmas eve).

People can hypothesize all they want about what's going to happen with Harvin, but I'm getting very sick and tired of people trying to pass it off as fact/blowing things that have happened way out of proportion.

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauer.400 View Post
    I think it is important to look at the money from Percy's point of view for a minute. Most of us think that it is important just because he would be making more, which is only half the issue.

As Percy Harvin (figuratively speaking), I want a new contract because I have shown that I am an elite weapon in this league and I want to know that I am going to be alright financially for the rest of my life. I don't want to play in the last year of my contract and sustain a career ending injury and not earn another penny. Its all about security.
    I agree and I think Percy is going to get his money but at the same time the Vikings have to word the contract to protect themselves from signing a guy who could end up with a lot of injuries. Obviously injuries can happen to anyone but Percy is a little different with his size and reckless/hard nosed play.

He might still be upset about his contract but that's fine because the Vikings have made it a habit to renegotiate with guys when they have 1 year remaining on their deals. And also like I said before, just because a guy is upset doesn't mean that his attitude can't change when presented with a shinny new contract. DeSean Jackson is the best example of that.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    If I was Harvin I'd be pissed that the Vikings FO will probably turn this injury on him that he is now "injury prone" even tho this is his first time with extended absence.

vCash
    Or how about this?

Get Bowe
    Draft Keenan Allen

Bowe
    Harvin
    Allen
    Rudolph
    AP

I WOULD HAVE UNPROTECTED SEX WITH 5 HOOKERS IF THIS HAPPENED

THIS IS PHOTO EVIDENCE THAT GOINGFOR28 GETS PAID FOR DOING THIS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikings4lifebro View Post
    Or how about this?

Get Bowe
    Draft Keenan Allen

Bowe
    Harvin
    Allen
    Rudolph
    AP

I WOULD HAVE UNPROTECTED SEX WITH 5 HOOKERS IF THIS HAPPENED
    I already have....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    I already have....
    Damnit!!!!!!

THIS IS PHOTO EVIDENCE THAT GOINGFOR28 GETS PAID FOR DOING THIS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    If I was Harvin I'd be pissed that the Vikings FO will probably turn this injury on him that he is now "injury prone" even tho this is his first time with extended absence.
    I highly doubt that happens. All I hear about Harvin are assumptions, I am going to wait and see and not worry about it until after the season.

Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 165664656667 LastLast