Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Out both rudolph and harvin... Yikes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chrism516 View Post
    I usually am on the WR first round bandwagon, but I'm jumping off that. First round needs to be a DT, this draft is so deep in DT that in the 15 range where I think we will draft, we can grab one that should be a difference maker in year 1. Sylvester Williams, john Jenkins, Kawann Short. In round 2 we should be looking WR, DeAndre Hopkins, Da'Rick Rogers, Cordarrelle Patterson. Patterson is a little bit more of a project, but his upside is off the charts. Rogers is a big, physical receiver, like a faster Anquan Boldin type. Hopkins is decent sized, but quick with unreal hands. Round 3 and later MLB, OGx2, CB.
    I freaking love talking draft.
    Da'Rick Rogers is the ONE guy I want out of this draft. You say a faster Anquan Boldin..... I say more like another B Marsh. 6'3" 220lbs that can stretch the field and isn't afraid to get dirty as well. He is the exact type of WR we need in this offense. He looks and plays like he his meant for the NFL.

vCash
    In response to 100% Cheese Free:"So that win we put on the Lions without Harvin, that's not progress?"

I guess there is some progress.....hard to measure in that victory. Defense shut down Detroit running and passing, Peterson rushed for over 170. If everything goes well in other phases of the game, Ponder can scrape together 200 yards and a couple TD's....its his inability to take the team on his shoulders, when things aren't going so well, that gets a bit frustrating. Some of the other young Qb's in the league have that ability.
    Last edited by MissouriVike; 11-27-2012 at 02:11 PM.

vCash
    Ponder won us that lions game. Without him we easily lose that game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissouriVike View Post
    If everything goes well in other phases of the game, Ponder can scrape together 200 yards and a couple TD's....its his inability to take the team on his shoulders, when things aren't going so well, that gets a bit frustrating. Some of the other young Qb's in the league have that ability.
    Did you ever stop to think that it was because Ponder was being successful in the passing game that our other facets performed so well? And I would say that only RG3 and Luck have the capabilities to take their team on their shoulders already. And they are the exceptions not the rule. Wilson is a maybe, but he tends to just chuck balls downfield and hope someone comes down with it. Mistakes and growing pains will happen with any young QB, we just gotta be patient.
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

vCash
    Jordan Todman - RB - Jaguars
    Jaguars signed RB Jordan Todman off the Vikings practice squad.
    Todman's addition is a sign that Jalen Parmele (groin) is unlikely to play after dragging his leg through the hole in last week's game. Expect Rashad Jennings to start at Buffalo with Todman adding depth as the third-stringer behind Montell Owens.
    rotoworld

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Wright Highlights What's Wrong With Minnesota's Receivers
    Jarius Wright (representing The Daily Norseman) has already made a significant impact on the Minnesota Vikings, despite only being active for two games so far in the 2012 NFL season.

In the two games he's been active, Wright has caught 10 passes for 114 yards and a touchdown. It's definitely enough to make one wonder why he couldn't get onto the field any sooner than he did, particularly when compared to some of the Vikings' other wide receivers.

Here's the sad comparison:

Jarius Wright (2 games) - 10 catches, 114 yards, 1 TD

Jerome Simpson (7 games) - 12 catches, 138 yards, 0 TD

Devin Aromashodu (10 games) - 11 catches, 182 yards, 0 TD

Stephen Burton (9 games) - 2 catches, 13 yards, 1 TD

Yes, in just two games, Wright has almost as many catches as our big free agent acquisition for this season, almost as many as a guy that's been on the team for the last two seasons, and five times as many as another guy that's been on the team for the last two seasons. (He also has as many TD catches as those three players combined, and none of the other three guys have found the end zone since Week 2.) Not to mention that he also already has twice as many receptions as tight end John Carlson.

Christian Ponder has taken a lot of heat for not getting the ball to the wide receivers. Well, he doesn't seem to be having any trouble getting the ball to Jarius Wright, from all appearances. Jarius Wright appears to have the ability to actually get open on occasion. The other three guys I listed? Not so much, no.

The Minnesota Vikings currently have six wide receivers on the 53-man roster. . .Percy Harvin, Michael Jenkins, Jarius Wright, Devin Aromashodu, Jerome Simpson, and Stephen Burton. As I've said before, I don't expect any of those guys not named Harvin or Wright to be on this team next season.
    http://www.dailynorseman.com/2012/11...otas-receivers

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post

Those wide-out statistics other than Wright are putrid....Jerome Simpson is terrible lol, the others i didn't expect much out of

On a side note, Eagles released Jason Babin...I know we aren't going to sign him but our pass rush has been **** lately

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%CHEESE FREE View Post

This article just reaffirms what I have been saying for the last two years. We have no serviceable Wrs outside of Harvin and now Wright. I would bet money if we cut all of those WRs they would not get signed by other teams and be on an active roster. This is a position that has been largely ignored for the last two years and can not remain that way if we want to be successful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    This article just reaffirms what I have been saying for the last two years. We have no serviceable Wrs outside of Harvin and now Wright. I would bet money if we cut all of those WRs they would not get signed by other teams and be on an active roster. This is a position that has been largely ignored for the last two years and can not remain that way if we want to be successful.
    I wouldn't exactly say it's been widely ignored. Two years ago we were left pretty much screwed after we lost Sidney Rice. This off season we went after Garcon pretty hard but were outbid by the Redskins. We also tried to find some value in the middle rounds with Wright and Childs and that almost worked until Childs had that terrible injury. I think we made the right decisions by going after Kalil, Smith and Robinson over a receiver in this past draft. Rick Spielman definitely knows we need to upgrade our receivers but I think he put priority on other positions over this, which I think was the right choice.

We clearly have not done enough to give this team viable weapons for Ponder. I agree completely that if we cut all of receivers except for Harvin and Wright that not a single team would sign any of them. This up coming off season we will definitely bring in more than 1 wide receiver to fix that spot. Harvin and Wright are the only two guys I expect back next season. The rest are good as gone. You are 100% correct we cannot continue with the guys we have.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissouriVike View Post
    In response to 100% Cheese Free:"So that win we put on the Lions without Harvin, that's not progress?"

I guess there is some progress.....hard to measure in that victory. Defense shut down Detroit running and passing, Peterson rushed for over 170. If everything goes well in other phases of the game, Ponder can scrape together 200 yards and a couple TD's....its his inability to take the team on his shoulders, when things aren't going so well, that gets a bit frustrating. Some of the other young Qb's in the league have that ability.
    It's hard to put the team on his shoulders when the rest of the team is basically garbage. I mean the best thing Jerome Simpson can do is throw his hands up in the air trying to bait pass interference. Michael Jenkins can actually catch the ball but he lacks the ability to get open. Devin Aromashodu can't get on the field over Simpson or Jenkins so that pretty much sums up his ability. Stephen Burton is worthless. So really without Harvin the only options Ponder has is Kyle Rudolph and a 4th round rookie. Pile that on top of the fact the interior of our offensive line has been pretty leaky it's really hard to expect Ponder to be able to put this team on his shoulders.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I wouldn't exactly say it's been widely ignored. Two years ago we were left pretty much screwed after we lost Sidney Rice. This off season we went after Garcon pretty hard but were outbid by the Redskins. We also tried to find some value in the middle rounds with Wright and Childs and that almost worked until Childs had that terrible injury. I think we made the right decisions by going after Kalil, Smith and Robinson over a receiver in this past draft. Rick Spielman definitely knows we need to upgrade our receivers but I think he put priority on other positions over this, which I think was the right choice.

We clearly have not done enough to give this team viable weapons for Ponder. I agree completely that if we cut all of receivers except for Harvin and Wright that not a single team would sign any of them. This up coming off season we will definitely bring in more than 1 wide receiver to fix that spot. Harvin and Wright are the only two guys I expect back next season. The rest are good as gone. You are 100% correct we cannot continue with the guys we have.
    After Rice left there were plenty of quality free agent options at the position. What did we do? We signed Michael Jenkins a WR who at the time had never had an 100 yard receiving proformance in his 7 years of playing in the NFL. So this year we went after Garcon and that was good enough? Oh okay we tried and didnt get the guy we wanted. Lets just give up on signing a quality free agent WR. We tried though. We should have paid Vincent Jackson whatever the hell he wanted.

I do agree there was atleast a decent attempt in the draft by getting Wright and Childs. Childs was a huge risk though. Simpson was also a big risk considering he has no idea how to run a route and would be suspended four games. I am tired of taking risks when it comes to WRs. We need to make a ton of moves this offseason to get five quality WRs on this team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    After Rice left there were plenty of quality free agent options at the position. What did we do? We signed Michael Jenkins a WR who at the time had never had an 100 yard receiving proformance in his 7 years of playing in the NFL. So this year we went after Garcon and that was good enough? Oh okay we tried and didnt get the guy we wanted. Lets just give up on signing a quality free agent WR. We tried though. We should have paid Vincent Jackson whatever the hell he wanted.

I do agree there was atleast a decent attempt in the draft by getting Wright and Childs. Childs was a huge risk though. Simpson was also a big risk considering he has no idea how to run a route and would be suspended four games. I am tired of taking risks when it comes to WRs. We need to make a ton of moves this offseason to get five quality WRs on this team.
    Trust me I agree with you. I'm not at all saying trying was good enough, I'm just trying to say it's not being totally ignored because we've made attempts but have failed. It's certainly not acceptable though.

- Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Trust me I agree with you. I'm not at all saying trying was good enough, I'm just trying to say it's not being totally ignored because we've made attempts but have failed. It's certainly not acceptable though.
    I know. Its just been pissing me off for two years now and I had to let it out a little. Hopefully this season has opened the FOs eyes that it might just be time to get some NFL WRs.

vCash
    I believe in 07 we were able to have somewhat of a passing game with....
    Bobby Wade...
    Troy Williamson...
    Sidney Rice (Rookie and hurt most of the year... what a foreshadow that was...)
    Robert Ferguson...
    Andre Allison...
    With Tjack throwing to them...
    One has to believe the offensive scheme has a good deal to do with the success.

Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast