Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
    vCash
    On the bright side: Who expected us to progress this far this year? I sure didn't. We all knew this was a rebuilding process, and literally no one had playoff expectations. So hey, I'm fine with these growing pains.

Add 2 solid drafts by Spielmen and we are set for a longg time if Ponder keeps progressing. Because honestly I don't think he's the problem at all. I watched the game on DVR and it's just a case of him having absoluetly no trust in his high school level WRs. He threw some great balls that would make drives last longer, and that would of made AP more dangerous, and that would of led to TDs, and that would of made our defense stay off the field longer...ect. All starts with our terrible WRs. Can someone honestly tell me a group that is worse?
    Last edited by TearsOfPurple; 11-25-2012 at 09:49 PM.
    Bridgewater Draft and Highlights Video

Adobt-A-Viking: Josh Robinson
    8 Tackles, 2 INTs, 18.5 Passer Rating

vCash
    The minnesota gophers...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    On the bright side: Who expected us to progress this far this year? I sure didn't. We all knew this was a rebuilding process, and literally no one had playoff expectations. So hey, I'm fine with these growing pains.
    I had high hopes that we would at least be competitive this year which we have definitely shown. There are still a few hoops that we will have to go through before we get really good, but it we continue to draft well into the 3rd and 4th + rounds we will see a quick turnaround. This is also dependent on Ponder continuing to progress and become a top 15 QB in the league.

Last season we really took a long hard look at our secondary and it has shown vast improvement. This season I think our WR core is due for some major improvement. Add in getting younger at DT and potentially depth at LB and I think we will be even better a year from now.

vCash

Add 2 solid drafts by Spielmen and we are set for a longg time if Ponder keeps progressing. Because honestly I don't think he's the problem at all. I watched the game on DVR and it's just a case of him having absoluetly no trust in his high school level WRs. He threw some great balls that would make drives last longer, and that would of made AP more dangerous, and that would of led to TDs, and that would of made our defense stay off the field longer...ect. All starts with our terrible WRs. Can someone honestly tell me a group that is worse?

Totally with you on the rebuilding process and no playoff expectations. Also, underastand there will be growing pains. BUT, swallowing this pill is all contingent on Ponder progressing. I have not seen any of that in the last several games. I am just tired of the excuses. All the rest of the teams in this league who utilize first and second year quarterbacks have problems too; however, most of their QB's seem to be making plays when it counts.....you are right, we do have the worst WR corps when Harvin is out of the lineup.

vCash
    We need a middle LB BAD!!!!! We should go after the ND MLB hard in the draft. The guy is like a Patrick Willis kind of a player. Imagine if we could get him and Singleterry hooked up together along with greenway....oh ya, get rid of Henderson and grab a Fat NT!!!!
    Flash!...... Aaha!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel0227 View Post
    We need a middle LB BAD!!!!! We should go after the ND MLB hard in the draft. The guy is like a Patrick Willis kind of a player. Imagine if we could get him and Singleterry hooked up together along with greenway....oh ya, get rid of Henderson and grab a Fat NT!!!!
    Te'o would be a dream but we've probably already played ourselves out of his draft range.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Te'o would be a dream but we've probably already played ourselves out of his draft range.
    I agree that we have probably already played ourselves out of his draft range but I am perfectly fine fixing up our MLB with a FA or later round pick. I think NT and WR have to be our primary first round needs. Luckily there is plenty of depth in this draft at both positions so we could potentially get a top 10 rated NT any other year in the late teens this year.

Kawann Short is a popular name in mock drafts and I think he is absurdly underrated. He built out of the Kevin Williams mold and knows how to get the passer and is just a a plain out hard working player.

Jonathan Jenkins would be closer to the Pat Williams NT that we have been successful with stuffing the run with in the past. Even though I am enamored with Short I think Jenkins might prove to be more valuable in the short term as a run stuffer.

Even though I think DT/NT is going to be an important hole to fill this off-season I think that if Justin Hunter is available we will probably grab him. He is exactly what the Vikings offense needs if he pans out. He goes up and brings down the balls he is supposed to and would be the perfect compliment to Percy.

vCash
    I would add guard to the top 3 of the list, Johnson and fusco can't pass block. Honestly I hope we get someone big in there, alot of people Didnt like Karl nicks because he was so tall but we need size next to a very undersized Sullivan.

DT, WR, G, Lb/wr/cb/S
    Minnesota Vikings

vCash
    I usually am on the WR first round bandwagon, but I'm jumping off that. First round needs to be a DT, this draft is so deep in DT that in the 15 range where I think we will draft, we can grab one that should be a difference maker in year 1. Sylvester Williams, john Jenkins, Kawann Short. In round 2 we should be looking WR, DeAndre Hopkins, Da'Rick Rogers, Cordarrelle Patterson. Patterson is a little bit more of a project, but his upside is off the charts. Rogers is a big, physical receiver, like a faster Anquan Boldin type. Hopkins is decent sized, but quick with unreal hands. Round 3 and later MLB, OGx2, CB.
    I freaking love talking draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chrism516 View Post
    I freaking love talking draft.
    It really is so much fun. Like making a Christmas List! haha OG/DT in the 1st rd. If Chance Warmack falls to us I feel like we have to take him. With such a deep draft at DT we can find one in the later rounds.

1. OG
    2. WR
    3. BPA
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

vCash
    I still think WR is our #1 need. Followed by DT/G.

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissouriVike View Post
    Totally with you on the rebuilding process and no playoff expectations. Also, underastand there will be growing pains. BUT, swallowing this pill is all contingent on Ponder progressing. I have not seen any of that in the last several games. I am just tired of the excuses. All the rest of the teams in this league who utilize first and second year quarterbacks have problems too; however, most of their QB's seem to be making plays when it counts.....you are right, we do have the worst WR corps when Harvin is out of the lineup.
    So that win we put on the Lions without Harvin, that's not progress?

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    WR is easily our #1 need. It's comparable to our porous secondary last year, to say it shouldn't be a first round need is asinine.

FYI: We should make a draft thread soon! Love talking draft. Honestly is my favorite part of football.
    Bridgewater Draft and Highlights Video

Adobt-A-Viking: Josh Robinson
    8 Tackles, 2 INTs, 18.5 Passer Rating

vCash
    Kyle Rudolph - TE - Vikings
    Nov 26 - 2:05 PM

Kyle Rudolph is undergoing the NFL's protocol concussion testing this week.

His availability for Week 13 at Green Bay is up in the air. If Rudolph can't get cleared, Minnesota could be without two of its top-three playmakers. Due to a significant ankle sprain, Percy Harvin's status is also in doubt.

Source: Ben Goessling on Twitter

Percy Harvin - WR - Vikings
    Nov 26 - 2:03 PM

Vikings coach Leslie Frazier provided no real update Monday on the potential Week 13 availability of Percy Harvin (ankle).

Frazier expects to lean more as Harvin "continues to rehab" this week from an ankle that is sprained in three places. Harvin was not close to playing in Sunday's loss to the Bears. So despite his toughness, we're not overly optimistic about Harvin's chances of suiting up in Week 13 against the Packers.

Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...ll-player-news

vCash
    WR is easily our #1 need. It's comparable to our porous secondary last year, to say it shouldn't be a first round need is asinine.

FYI: We should make a draft thread soon! Love talking draft. Honestly is my favorite part of football.
    Feel free to make a draft thread if you want to. IMO it is never to early.

I also agree WR is our biggest need in this years draft. I wouldn't mind if we drafted four of them in the draft.

Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast