Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 67 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thechom80 View Post
    Half the team plays for Steakburger Nachos??
    lmao. also the eagles shouldnt have any cap space. what gives? did they front load the money when they signed their players?

THIS IS PHOTO EVIDENCE THAT GOINGFOR28 GETS PAID FOR DOING THIS

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    I liked the signing of Taylor when others were bashing "Why sign a point guard?". I like this raw potential and I hope if he doesn't land with the Vikings that he has a good career in the NFL.
    This guy can't still be at 165 come training camp cus no matter how well he plays in our system you can't be an effective tackler at 165 anymore.....he has good speed to make quick cuts and recover but our cover 2 corners need to be able to stick tackles and keep plays in front of them

This guy needs to get a little bit bigger or he's gunna get eaten alive in the NFL...winfield is one of the most physical corners in the league and he plays around 180 185 so it's not a huge task

vCash
    Josh Robinson - DB - Vikings
    Jun 28 - 2:54 PM

GM Rick Spielman indicated that rookie CB Josh Robinson will compete with CB Marcus Sherels and WR Jarius Wright for punt-return duties.

The fastest of the three, Robinson averaged 13.1 yards on 27 returns at Central Florida the past two seasons. Wright averaged just 5.9 yards on eight returns over four seasons at Arkansas. Sherels is the incumbent, racking up 277 yards (8.4 yards per) on 33 returns last season.

Source: Jeremy Fowler on Twitter
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...yer-news/?rw=1

vCash
    Jeff Charleston - DL - Vikings
    Jun 28 - 5:04 PM

Vikings signed DE Jeff Charleston and waived DT Terrell Resonno.

A fringe roster type as a situational pass rusher, Charleston has posted seven sacks in 52 games with the Saints over the past four seasons. Resonno went undrafted out of Mizzou in April.

Related: Terrell Resonno
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...yer-news/?rw=1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Jeff Charleston - DL - Vikings
    Jun 28 - 5:04 PM
    I think that they are spending a lot of time and effort trying to create competition at a position that is one of our strongest. Only other thing I can think of is that they are going to really try to get Everson Griffen on the field as a linebacker and are looking for someone to take over his role as a backup end.

Between D'Aundree Reed (developmental guy who was carried on the final roster last year), Trevor Guyton (7th round pick), Nick Reed (another situational pass-rush guy), I think we're pretty set.

Then you get into the UDFAs like Ernest Owusu (also from Cal like Guyton), Anthony Jacobs (former gopher) and Eric Latimore, I have no idea why we signed Jeff Charleston. I think that NT is a bigger area of need, or even some depth at DT. Who do we have after Ballard (who is probably going to see some situational duty himself) and Fred Evans?

Vikings Roster thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=718220

WE TRUST V4LB!!! HE IS THE GREATEST GUY IN OUR FOURM.
    WITHOUT HIM OUR FOURM WOULDNT BE EXCITING.
    HE GETS ALL THE WOMEN!!!!
    HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Vikings add member of 2009 Saints defense
    The Vikings apparently are willing to let bounties be bygones.

On Thursday, the team signed a member of the 2009 Saints, who allegedly had a total bounty of $35,000 on Brett Favre in the NFC title game that year.

The new arrival is defensive end Jeff Charleston, a six-year veteran who joins a depth chart that could be without Everson Griffen, if he eventually shifts to linebacker. To make room for Charleston, the Vikings cut defensive tackle Terrell Resonno.

Charleston, who spent the last four years with the Saints after one season with the Colts, appeared in every game during the 2009 campaign — including the 31-28 overtime win over the Vikings.

If there indeed was a bounty system that year, and specifically a bounty on Brett Favre, Charleston likely knows all about it.

Of course, the Vikings previously employed the player who widely is believed to be the man who said “give me my money” on the notorious sideline videotape. The Vikings cut defensive tackle Remi Ayodele after only one season, dumping him on the same day that the NFL announced the initial penalties against the Saints and various coaches.

Ayodele has since re-signed with the Saints.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ry/rumor-mill/

Well the last guy we got from there was so good that.......oh, that's right

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!
    WE TRIED TO VOTE FOR HIM FOR PRESIDENT BUT HE IS SO GREAT THAT HE WOULDNT RUN FOR OFFICE

vCash
    Has Kalil signed yet? Have we signed all our picks yet? I've keen kind of out of it lately.
    Hey coach. Do you have ANY idea what you are doing?
    Thats what I thought.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by logan44 View Post
    Has Kalil signed yet? Have we signed all our picks yet? I've keen kind of out of it lately.
    No Kalil and Robinson have not signed yet.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Christian Ponder - QB - Vikings
    Vikings QBs coach Craig Johnson believes Christian Ponder has advanced "light years" this offseason.
    "(A lot) of the problems that you find out as a young player, that's when you get a chance to work on them is usually in the first offseason afterwards," Johnson said. "... The game is starting to slow down. That's what you look for." Ponder should progress as a sophomore, but is unlikely to be anything more than a low-end QB2 from a fantasy perspective. He's sandwiched between Sam Bradford and Alex Smith in Rotoworld's rankings.
    rotoworld

As good as he was at times last year, I think that Ponder hopefully has a higher upside and can be much more consistent than Alex Smith.

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Frazier, Cowher, Mangini visiting troops in Persian Gulf
    Vikings coach Leslie Frazier is spending some of his limited relaxation time doing anything but relaxing.

Frazier is the only active head coach to participate in this year’s USO tour to the Persian Gulf. He has been joined by former Steelers head coach Bill Cowher, former Jets and Browns head coach Eric Mangini, and Jets assistant special-teams coordinator Ben Kowitca, who spent seven years in the military after playing football at West Point.

It’s the third annual NFL-USO Coaches Tour, and it’s Cowher’s second trip. Other NFL head coaches to spend their limited vacation time visiting the troops are Giants coach Tom Coughlin, Broncos coach John Fox, Ravens coach John Harbaugh, Texans coach Gary Kubiak, Bengals coach Marvin Lewis, Eagles coach Andy Reid, and Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt.

Frazier said that he’ll now remind his daughters to thank members of the armed services, and that he won’t tolerate much griping from players who whine about heat in training camp.

”It just puts in perspective that there’s nothing you should ever complain about,” Frazier said, via the Associated Press.

He’s right. Whenever any of us think we have it bad, someone else always has it worse. And that men and women who are stationed in foreign lands have it worse than most of us who aren’t.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-persian-gulf/

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

vCash
    Kevin Williams - DL - Vikings
    Jul 3 - 11:23 AM

Vikings DT Kevin Williams is seeking a contract extension.

"(The Vikings) might not feel the same way," Williams admitted. "My main thing is to have a good year and whatever happens after that happens after that." Williams is entering the final season of a five-year, $33.2 million contract, but the pact includes a two-year, $16.76 option the Vikings can exercise next offseason. It's doubtful Williams' contract is revisited before then.

Source: St. Paul Pioneer Press
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...l-player-news/

vCash

According to ESPN 1500 Twin Cities, there is not a 2013-14 option on Vikings DT Kevin Williams' contract.
    Beat writer Tom Pelissero has seen the contract himself and is assured by those in know that there is no two-year, $16.76 million option as has previously been reported. Turning 32 in August, the six-time Pro Bowler is entering a contract season.
    rotoworld

Straight Flash Homey

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boms-4 View Post

rotoworld
    love it...he'll play hard for that extension

vCash
    Vikings’ Derrick Coleman says hearing loss won’t be a problem
    Vikings running back Derrick Coleman may have a harder time picking up the offense than most rookies, because he has a hard time hearing the coaches. But Coleman, who wears hearing aids in both ears and still needs to read lips to make out words, says he’s heading into training camp feeling just fine about his chances of learning the professional game.

“It doesn’t affect me that much anymore,” Coleman told Scout.com. “I sat down with the coaches and players in the quarterback room and let them know, ‘Whenever we change the play, you already say it twice, just turn around one time and say it one more time. It don’t hurt nobody.”

Coleman’s hearing loss began at age 3 but has now leveled off, and he is able to make out some sounds — but not words — without his hearing aids. In college at UCLA, Coleman became adept at learning the plays by reading his coaches’ lips and studying the playbook, and he started wearing two skull caps under his helmet, one pulled tight over his hair to keep sweat off his hearing aids and another over his ears to keep the hearing aids in place. Coleman rushed for 765 yards and 11 touchdowns last season, and so far this offseason the Vikings’ coaches have liked what they’ve seen.

“I can’t say enough about how bright the kid is,” Vikings running backs coach James Saxon said. “I can’t say enough about how much of a hard worker he is. He’s at a point, I believe, just by watching him, he’s got a great desire to try and do things, do everything right. He takes meticulous notes. He asks the right questions. He doesn’t make mistakes twice. And if he does make a mistake, he wants to know why and how and how to correct it and move forward. He shows a lot of maturity that way.”

If Coleman makes it in the NFL, he wouldn’t be the first football player to overcome hearing loss and compete at a high level. The NFL has had two deaf players: Cardinals defensive lineman Bonnie Sloan, who played four games in 1973, and Broncos defensive lineman Kenny Walker, who played 31 games in the 1991 and 1992. And Gallaudet University, a school for the deaf and hard of hearing, has a football tradition that goes back to the 19th century, when the school’s football team invented the huddle to prevent opposing teams from seeing their hand signals. Coleman said he sees no reason he can’t be the next player with hearing loss to excel on the football field.

“A lot of people think the hearing is holding me back,” Coleman said. “But it’s really not.”
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-be-a-problem/

Vikings Roster thread

HE IS NEVER WRONG!!!

Page 15 of 67 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast