Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    On the surface, the ratings look bad, but again the MMA media and the fans are going way overboard.

Consider this:

1. UFC on Fuel 1 had a very good ME in Sanchez vs Ellenberger.

2. UFC on Fuel 1 also had the benefit of airing on the same week that Fuel was giving a free preview. I have no clue if that affected the numbers, but I would assume it did since more people had access to the channel.

3. UFC on Fuel 2 aired during the day.

4. UFC on Fuel 3 aired on a Tuesday and the ME was the Korean Zombie vs Poirier. So while the fight was amazing, the name recognition isn't the same as Sanchez, so the buzz wasn't there.

5. The last event to air on Fuel were the prelims for UFC on Fox 3 two weeks ago. That was watched by 86k viewers. UFC on Fuel 3 on the other hand was watched by 173k viewers. Looks to me like viewership went up.

6. Fuel TV has aired 7 events (prelims and main cards) so far. UFC on Fuel 3 currently has 3rd place, behind Fuel 1 and 2. That's not bad, considering that the card was on a Tuesday and had a weak ME.

The Fuel numbers don't matter right now since Fuel is still trying to build an audience. But their overall numbers from 1 year ago are up in every way, so that's good news.

The numbers that matter are from FX since they're basically replacing Spike. So far the numbers look good, with viewership going up event after event

The all-time UFC-FX ratings include:

UFC 145 ratings (prelims): 1.6 million viewers
    UFC 144 ratings (prelims): 1.5 million
    UFC on FX 2 ratings (main card): 1.4 million
    UFC 143 ratings (prelims): 1.4 million
    UFC on FX 1 ratings (main card): 1.3 million
    UFC 142 ratings (prelims): 880,000

We'll see if that trend continues with UFC 146.
    Last edited by Knockturnal; 05-17-2012 at 11:04 AM.
    -----

vCash
    Wow.

vCash
    I was watching new girl on my dvr last night they had promos for the event every 15 mins or so...
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    Well, Th fight card really suck lately. Can wait to see the Card in Brazil. The only loaded card of the year...

1 out of ??? pathetic Dana White

"Killer Instinct"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    Wow.
    I love that Dana's first comments are an ad hominem attack on Meltzer...

Dana needs to stop this kind of crap, he simply comes off like an idiot.

A small town called nunya god damn bidness
    vCash
    Dana used to not try to compete, with boxing, or any other sports for that matter... IDK why he started doin it now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    The average fan doesn't necessarily want to watch the two best fighter, they want to watch recognizable names. Throw old man Ken Shamrock, Couture, Tito, or Kimbo onto one of these cards and the numbers go up big time. There weren't any recognizable names on this card and it drew crap ratings.
    Exactly. MMA is really no different than pro wrestling when it comes to ratings, its not the match or fight quality that draws...its the names. They could have Royce Gracie vs Ken Shamrock and it would outdraw Miller vs Diaz....or any fight with 2 guys that arent well known to the casual viewer.

vCash
    That last card sucked.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers and Man City fan
    - I love Ray Lewis.

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

vCash
    Last edited by steelcityroller; 05-21-2012 at 11:51 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    That last card sucked.
    If you're talking about UFC on Fuel 3, then you're nuts. On paper it didn't have the name recognition, but the only crappy fight was Amir vs Lopez. The rest were really good, especially the ME.

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Graphs of the UFC ratings on Fox, FX and Fuel

The Ultimate Fighter 15 Ratings

UFC on Fox Ratings

UFC on Fuel Ratings
    No graph for the FX cards?

As I said earlier, UFC 146 is going to be key as as far as ratings go. With all this talk about the UFC losing steam and losing viewers, then going by those trends, UFC 146 prelims should see a drop in viewers. If it does, then the UFC should reconsider their strategy because UFC 146 prelims (at least on paper) is stacked.
    -----

vCash
    Dana White Talks TV Ratings:

White: "The real story is, what do the Internet reporters know? When they say Fox made a big bet on the UFC, and now it's tanking . . . it's not. It's given Fox an audience it never had before. [Research] shows 3.9 million new viewers to Fox networks in the last three months, [more] new women viewers, and UFC on Fox 1 had a higher composition of Latino viewers than the big four sports leagues."

Pugmire: You set the bar high at the UFC on Fox 1 card with the heavyweight title bout between Junior Dos Santos and Cain Velasquez, but it did seem as if your May 5 card was a pretty big drop-off.

White: "Who's hotter than the Diaz brothers now? And Nate Diaz put on an absolute show. That was a bad TV night. It was the biggest movie night of the year, with 'The Avengers.' It was Cinco de Mayo, so people went out. Plus you had the Floyd Mayweather fight. The numbers cycle up and down in sports, but we felt Diaz went out and won a big fight, and our sport makes its stars different than boxing. Mayweather was a 1996 Olympian, and now he's finally at his biggest. With our guys - like Jon Jones, who no one knew a year and a half ago - they become huge stars overnight with one great fight. [The Fox fights] aren't all going to be 10 million viewers. There are a lot of things we still need to dial in, but everybody's good with what we're supposed to be doing. If a rating is bad in another sport, do you see a writer say, 'This sport's over?' No."
    -----

vCash
    The ratings are in for UFC on FX 4 and UFC 147.

UFC 147 prelims did bad as expected (969,000k), but not nearly as bad as I thought it would do. The last time a PPV prelims on FX failed to break the 1 million mark (UFC 142, 880,000k) it did about 200k in PPV buys. If 147 does anywhere near 200k in buys, the UFC has to feel good about it.

UFC on FX 4 did 1.3M which seems to be the average for FX events as of late (not counting UFC 147 for obvious reasons). Aside from the ME the card was somewhat weak. Still not a bad number, but the UFC has to put up bigger fights on FX, maybe the September card will have a good card.
    -----

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    The ratings are in for UFC on FX 4 and UFC 147.

UFC 147 prelims did bad as expected (969,000k), but not nearly as bad as I thought it would do. The last time a PPV prelims on FX failed to break the 1 million mark (UFC 142, 880,000k) it did about 200k in PPV buys. If 147 does anywhere near 200k in buys, the UFC has to feel good about it.

UFC on FX 4 did 1.3M which seems to be the average for FX events as of late (not counting UFC 147 for obvious reasons). Aside from the ME the card was somewhat weak. Still not a bad number, but the UFC has to put up bigger fights on FX, maybe the September card will have a good card.
    Not looking like it the tickets go on sale in 3 weeks and they haven't even announced the main or co-main event. But Diego Nunes is saying that he has a real big fight on the card. If he is the main event then that isn't good.

vCash
    UFC 148 ratings: FX prelims draw all-time best 1.8 million viewers

The UFC has set a new ratings high-water mark with cable partner FX.

This past weekend's UFC 148 preliminary-card broadcast averaged 1.8 million viewers during the two-hour broadcast, MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) today confirmed with industry sources.

That tops the previous high of 1.5 million that accompanied a UFC 145 prelims broadcast in April.

UFC 148 took place July 7 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The FX broadcast followed one bout on Facebook and preceded the night's pay-per-view main card.

The broadcast, which was the No. 1 rated cable program of the night among men 18-34 and adults 18-34, included a featured bout with Melvin Guilllard, who scored a unanimous-decision victory over fellow lightweight Fabricio Camoes. Khabib Nurmagomedov, Constantinos Philippou and Shane Roller also picked up decision victories during the FX broadcast.

The UFC and FX have now averaged 1.35 million viewers over seven preliminary-card broadcasts. Prior to FX, former broadcast partner Spike TV aired 26 UFC prelims specials. Only one (UFC 126, which averaged 2 million viewers) outdrew UFC 148's.
    As expected, UFC 148 did great in the ratings. Too bad the prelim fights weren't anything special.
    -----

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    UFC 148 ratings: FX prelims draw all-time best 1.8 million viewers

As expected, UFC 148 did great in the ratings. Too bad the prelim fights weren't anything special.
    I seen the numbers and was thinking that is pretty good but then thought about the fights shown and was like oh that may not be good lol There wasn't a single fight on there that would make me want to tune back in again as a new fan.

When you think about it these numbers are probably right in line when consider they have had several events on FX do 1.5-1.6 and this was arguably the biggest event in awhile so the number is right where it should have been expected to hit.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast