Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marinoman View Post
    With Mayweather Cotto, NBA playoffs and not much advertising its not surprising.

decrease of 50%
    4 to 2 is 50%
    2 to 4 is 100%
    Exactly.

Plus it was cinco de mayo, many people were out celebrating. Tough to have good ratings on a night like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    Exactly.

Plus it was cinco de mayo, many people were out celebrating. Tough to have good ratings on a night like that.
    May 5th is a great night for a fight because the Latin draw is HUGE. The downside is the UFC got trumped by Mayweather/Cotto. I consider myself a pretty serious UFC fan and I watched Boxing all night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TopsyTurvy View Post
    May 5th is a great night for a fight because the Latin draw is HUGE. The downside is the UFC got trumped by Mayweather/Cotto. I consider myself a pretty serious UFC fan and I watched Boxing all night.
    Hmm, I didn't think of the latin draw for Saturday night. I do know that many people chose the Boxing over UFC Saturday - Not me, because I think boxing is uninteresting for the most part. But it seems like everyone was watching Mayweather.

vCash
    I don't recall seeing many advertisements on FOX the weeks leading up to the fights. And i watch FOX quite often, too.

The casual fan probably didn't even know it was televised. Need to get the word out more if FOX is serious about getting ratings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by croce_99 View Post
    I don't recall seeing many advertisements on FOX the weeks leading up to the fights. And i watch FOX quite often, too.

The casual fan probably didn't even know it was televised. Need to get the word out more if FOX is serious about getting ratings.
    But honestly the main event was Nate Diaz vs Jim Miller. That has no drawing power in terms of a UFC event. Maybe they realized that and also took into consideration all the other excuses and thought it was pointless to promote this event.

vCash
    Many valid reasons have been brought up but I know that the fights were going on during the Canelo Alvarez/Suger Mosely fight. Being that is was also Cinco de Mayo alot of the undercard had latino fighters on the boxing card. I was at a sports bar and most of the people there went for the boxing match. They had a 10$ cover to get in and they never have a cover for anything other then the high profile boxing matches they never do anything for UFC other then put up posters like places I am sure you guys go to. Did any of you guys go out to a bar/restaurant to watch the fight and if so was there a cover?

Also Miller and Diaz is not remotely close to drawing fans out like the names on boxing that night. Even if there was no boxing on that night I don't think those names would draw a big crowd.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    Many valid reasons have been brought up but I know that the fights were going on during the Canelo Alvarez/Suger Mosely fight. Being that is was also Cinco de Mayo alot of the undercard had latino fighters on the boxing card. I was at a sports bar and most of the people there went for the boxing match. They had a 10$ cover to get in and they never have a cover for anything other then the high profile boxing matches they never do anything for UFC other then put up posters like places I am sure you guys go to. Did any of you guys go out to a bar/restaurant to watch the fight and if so was there a cover?

Also Miller and Diaz is not remotely close to drawing fans out like the names on boxing that night. Even if there was no boxing on that night I don't think those names would draw a big crowd.
    I have never been anywhere showing a fight that they made you pay a cover. However I have been to places where you had to buy at least x amount of food/drinks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    I have never been anywhere showing a fight that they made you pay a cover. However I have been to places where you had to buy at least x amount of food/drinks.
    Haven't found one yet in Wrigleyville in Chicago, but I have been to several ethnic restaurants that charged a cover or a drink minimum for boxing events.

I was out to see the Mayweather fight and the bar was as packed, if not moreso than Lesnar v Reem.

vCash
    Not a big surprise, there was very little advertisment for the show compared to the other two and not as recognizeable of fighters. Couple that was with going against Mayweather/Cotto it wasn't a good night. Besides Cinco De Mayo is a boxing night and the latin market is more loyal to boxing.

vCash
    They need to suck it up and put a big time on fox every time. Ino they need ppv buys but id cut like 2 ppv a year and have one supercard on fox and another with 2 big stars. Lesnar retiring and gsp and silva hurt really r hurting ufc now

vCash
    I'm not hitting the panic button yet, they're not even a year into their contract with Fox, we just have to realize that (success) its not going to happen as quickly as we thought it would, which is ok.

I think the UFC's success (so far) is the reason why they're getting so much heat right now. They set the bar so high as far as MMA goes, that anything less than that is consider a failure.

I mean if you think about it, that last Fox card was everything the fans wanted the first event to be. If you're to assume that 1/4 out of that 2.4M people who watched the last event, watched it for the first time, then they were treated to a good to great card.

If that card didn't make them fans of MMA/UFC, then there's not much the UFC can do to turned the casuals into "real" fans. But I think the UFC will be ok, nobody said this transition was going to smooth, but once the UFC hits it's stride, I think we, the fans are going to reap the rewards.
    -----

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    I'm not hitting the panic button yet, they're not even a year into their contract with Fox, we just have to realize that (success) its not going to happen as quickly as we thought it would, which is ok.

I think the UFC's success (so far) is the reason why they're getting so much heat right now. They set the bar so high as far as MMA goes, that anything less than that is consider a failure.

I mean if you think about it, that last Fox card was everything the fans wanted the first event to be. If you're to assume that 1/4 out of that 2.4M people who watched the last event, watched it for the first time, then they were treated to a good to great card.

If that card didn't make them fans of MMA/UFC, then there's not much the UFC can do to turned the casuals into "real" fans. But I think the UFC will be ok, nobody said this transition was going to smooth, but once the UFC hits it's stride, I think we, the fans are going to reap the rewards.
    I hope you're right. Because I'm gonna tell you right now if this continues there is no way in hell that Fox rides out this contract. They are quick to pull programming when they are even the slight bit unhappy with the ratings. Hell they cancelled Family Guy at one point. There have been shows on FX with better ratings than TUF in that same time slot on Monday and Tuesday night get cancelled because those ratings were "unacceptable". If they continue to fall and can't get up by next season will be interesting to see if they are still happy.

With it being on a new channel the ratings should be low and then only go up with a solid product. That was the case on Spike. While they started off real low the ratings were going up even in the very beginning. That isn't the case here as they are going on a downward slide both the events and TUF. Even the prelims fell in ratings for this card and those had been going up with each event. The prelims on Fuel fell in ratings and that is horrible considering that they have been talking about how many more people have that channel now and yet the ratings still fell?

The UFC has really just had it rough these last 12 months.

- Brock Lesnar falling out and retiring

- Georges St. Pierre getting hurt

- Anderson Silva getting hurt

- Jon Jones has sucked the life out of the 205-lb division

- Nick Diaz and Alistair Overeem were guys that the UFC were banking on to give them big PPV events and potentially be future stars. Both are now in serious danger of even staying with the company.

- Jose Aldo has no threats at 145

- Dominick Cruz the Bantamweight champ is now gonna be out for up to a year

- The Flyweight division got off to a bad start with a bad decision that has now pushed that title fight back further

- Junior Dos Santos is sitting there at heavyweight looking to make his 1st title defense and yet he is already short on potential contenders aside from rematches and hoping to get guys signed for other orgs. Outside of Frank Mir (who doesn't stand a chance) who does he have that is a top 10 heavyweight to fight in the UFC, Antonio Silva and Daniel Cormier/Josh Barnett after their fight?

vCash

vCash
    UFC on Fuel ratings fall.... So now the UFC on Fox ratings, Ultimate Fighter ratings on UFC on Fuel ratings have all been falling with each event.

http://www.fightline.com/fl/wire/201...e413716/32482/

vCash
    Dana, unprofessional as always.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast