Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    The ratings for FOX 4 are in:

UFC on FOX 4 Brings in Very Solid Ratings

The UFC on FOX event broadcast on Saturday, Aug. 4, averaged a 1.4/3 household rating/share, and 2.44 million viewers, according to Nielsen Media Research.

Despite immense Olympic competition, the UFC event posted a slightly higher audience (2.44 million vs. 2.42 million), and came within one tenth of a point in rating (1.4 vs. 1.5), compared to the last UFC on FOX event on May 5.

Men 18-34, the key male demographic category for UFC programming, posted a significant +19% increase over May’s card (1.9 vs. 1.6), and for the week in prime time, the UFC on FOX event ranked #9 among Men 18-34 and was the highest-rated non-Olympic program in this category.

Saturday night’s UFC on FOX coverage grew steadily throughout the broadcast and peaked at a 2.0/4 (3.3 million) at 10:00 PM ET. Las Vegas led all local markets with a 4.6/9, followed by Louisville (3.0/5), New Orleans and Tulsa (2.8). Markets showing the most improvement since May were West Palm Beach (+138%), Indianapolis (+133%) and Birmingham (+110%). Top market New York was up +55% and host market Los Angeles was up +25% compared to the May event.

Through its first four events, the UFC on FOX is averaging a 2.0/4 in households with 3.5 million viewers with the main male demographics posting a 2.5 for both Men 18-34 and Men 25-54 and a 2.4 for Men 18-49.
    -----

vCash
    The final UFC on Fox 5 ratings are in.

Henderson-Diaz portion avg 5.7 mill viewers & solid demo ratings (3.5, M18-34 & 4.0 M18-49) that would rank it among top shows of week.
    Big rebound. @UFCONFOX 5 attracted 4.4 million viewers Sat nite, +83% compared to UFCONFOX 3 & 4 (2.4 mill each). #UFC
    Great way to end the year for UFC on Fox. Good ratings all across the board and hopefully they can build on this going into next year with Fox 6.

The problem is going to be promoting the Flyweight title fight to the casuals, but having Pettis vs Cerrone (Bendo better be ready to see the Showtime kick all the time) and Rampage vs Teixeira should help.
    -----

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    The final UFC on Fox 5 ratings are in.

Great way to end the year for UFC on Fox. Good ratings all across the board and hopefully they can build on this going into next year with Fox 6.

The problem is going to be promoting the Flyweight title fight to the casuals, but having Pettis vs Cerrone (Bendo better be ready to see the Showtime kick all the time) and Rampage vs Teixeira should help.
    I'm actually pretty excited for Dodson vs. Johnson. It's a tough, tough fight for both of those dudes. It should be a brutal fight.

Are Rampage vs. Tex and Pettis vs. Cerrone confirmed to be on the card? If so, I think it is a better overall card than UFC on Fox 5.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    I'm actually pretty excited for Dodson vs. Johnson. It's a tough, tough fight for both of those dudes. It should be a brutal fight.

Are Rampage vs. Tex and Pettis vs. Cerrone confirmed to be on the card? If so, I think it is a better overall card than UFC on Fox 5.
    I'm with you, the ME will be very entertaining. It should be a back and forth fast paced fight.

According to the UFC the fights have been confirmed.
    -----

vCash
    It will be interesting to see if they can keep those ratings if the next card doesn't have a Lightweight Championship, Shogun Rua and BJ Penn....

vCash
    I bought tickets for UFC on Fox 6 so I'm extremely excited.

vCash
    Dude you are going to love it. And steel was right it does matter where you sit. Make sure you get good seats. UFC fox on 5 was one of the best events I have ever been to.

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    There will be a lot of hecklers I had one right behind me he was so fking annoying

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    Can we just stop making excuses for the UFC? In general there product the past year has been awful. There trademark tv show is now complete garbage, they have headline fighters pulling out left and right and then refusing to fight "friends" or guys they are scared of and they've lost their competetive edge since they rolled Strikeforce up. Pitiful

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Can we just stop making excuses for the UFC? In general there product the past year has been awful. There trademark tv show is now complete garbage, they have headline fighters pulling out left and right and then refusing to fight "friends" or guys they are scared of and they've lost their competetive edge since they rolled Strikeforce up. Pitiful
    Out of curiosity, what would you be doing differently?
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Out of curiosity, what would you be doing differently?
    Just a small rant as an MMA fan..

Buying out then gutting Strikeforce was a mistake. The free agent market was great for the sport and the fans. I think killing SF made more UFC fighters complacent especially elite ones b/c it destroyed the alternative. I think UFC's elite fighters had a reason to show up and put on an elite performance to prove to the fans and the media they were truly the best. I noticed it in the disdain UFC fighters had for Strikeforce fighters when they would be asked to compare themselves. I think Strikeforce was a cause of conern for the UFC and forced Dana to be on the ball and make sure the best product was always out there. I think it was great for fans they had two outlets to watch elite fighters though Strikeforce's production was crap. I dont care too much about the production.

Now Realistically

1) I would establish a clear cut ranking system for each weight class run by the UFC and a huge emphasis would be placed on the rankings. Something like the BCS since most of UFC fighters get ranked by style points anyway.

2) I would do away with the belt for individual weight classes and make it purely money/incentive based climbing the rankings. I think the belt is pointless and I think letting Dana pick and choose is terrible for the fighters and the fans. Every champ that headlines gets a PPV cut win or lose and There would be only 2 belts and I will get to that later.

3)I would penalize fighters in the top-10 for not fighting once every 6 months in the form of being dropped in the ranking which means They lose money. It puts an emphasis on personal responsibility to stay healthy even when training. There isn't enough of that. Unless it some type of major illness like Lesnar had

4)I would make the weigh-in the day OF the fights. I think there are too many cases of ridiculous weight cuts by guys who should be fighting 1 or 2 weights classes were they are.

5)I would establish a once a year Grand Prix like Pride/K-1 that alternates anually between LHW/HW and MW/WW. I think it would be the best way to get elite fighters like Bones/Silva/GSP/JDS etc.. to fight each other without the "we are teammates" BS and it eliminates all the hypothetical crap talk of imaginary fights we have today. The Grand Prix winners would be the most celebrated in the sport.
    Last edited by waveycrockett; 12-13-2012 at 02:43 PM.

vCash
    UFC on FX 7: UFC sets both its FX and Fuel viewership records

In something that has to be considered a surprise, the UFC set a pair of network records on Saturday night with UFC on FX 7 from Sao Paulo, Brazil.

The main show, headlined by Vitor Belfort's second-round knockout over Michael Bisping, did 1,857,000 viewers. It was the largest audience to witness an MMA show on FX and beat the record for a UFC on FX-specific show by 30 percent. The prelims for the show on Fuel did 255,000 viewers which was the single-most watched television show in the history of that station. It broke the old Fuel record for a prelims show of 160,000 viewers by 59 percent.

The main theme of the show was Bisping's quest for a middleweight title shot against Belfort, who has headlined numerous pay-per-view events over a UFC career that began as a teenage phenom in 1997. Belfort's previous fight was the UFC 152 main event on Sept. 22 where he nearly won the light heavyweight championship with an early attempted armbar on Jon Jones before being pummeled the rest of the fight and losing via fourth-round submission.

That dynamic led to the most-watched MMA broadcast on cable television since March 26, 2011 when a live show, UFC Fight Night 24 on Spike which was headlined by Phil Davis beating Antonio Rogerio Nogueira via decision, did a 1.50 rating and 2,173,000 viewers. The highest mark on FX had been 1.8 million for the prelims of UFC 148 on July 7 which preceded the Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen pay-per-view show. That event had the advantage of being on the day of the company's highest level of interest in 2012.

In the key demos, Saturday's show did a 1.71 in Males 18-34 and 1.86 in Males 18-49. In both cases, it was the company's best cable marks since the Davis vs. Nogueira fight. Also, for the first time in the history of FX, it won the entire night in Males 18-34, Males 18-49 and total viewers 18-49, beating not only every cable station but also the major networks. The FX broadcast did a 1.23 in persons 18-49, the most desired demographic by advertisers, which even beat two of the UFC on FOX shows last year. In comparison on Saturday night, FOX did a 0.9, CBS and ABC both did 0.8's and NBC did a 0.5 in the same demo.

The record audience for a UFC on FX-specific fight card had been when the Martin Kampmann come-from-behind win over Thiago Alves fight from Sydney, Australia did a 1.00 rating and 1.43 million viewers on March 3, 2012.

Fuel's previous most-watched television show in station history was 217,000 for a Fuel main UFC card headlined by Jake Ellenberger's decision win over Diego Sanchez on Feb. 15.

The numbers showed a 43 percent increase in viewers on FX from the prior live fight card on the network, the Dec. 15 finals of The Ultimate Fighter season 16 with a Roy Nelson vs. Matt Mitrione main event. It also did a 145 percent increase over the 104,000 viewers for the Fuel prelims of that show.
    This is obviously great news for the UFC, but I really don't know how to explain it. I was expecting an average of 1M viewers, not great, but on par with previews shows. I never thought that a Vitor/Bisping ME would set these type of records.

This makes the Fox 6 card that much more interesting. Will the success of FX7 carry over Or was the FX 7 card just a lucky coincidence?
    -----

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockturnal View Post
    UFC on FX 7: UFC sets both its FX and Fuel viewership records

This is obviously great news for the UFC, but I really don't know how to explain it. I was expecting an average of 1M viewers, not great, but on par with previews shows. I never thought that a Vitor/Bisping ME would set these type of records.

This makes the Fox 6 card that much more interesting. Will the success of FX7 carry over Or was the FX 7 card just a lucky coincidence?
    no coincidence, last couple fox cards got great ratings and it should continue saturday.

vCash
    The numbers are great but it seems to good to be true. How do the numbers stay stagnant or even decline for such a long period of time and then all of the sudden nearly double overnight? If they can keep these numbers for the next event then that is big for the UFC. If they go back to average that makes this card even more puzzling....

I think this card on Fox does really good considering it features what is gonna be Rampage Jackson's last fight in the UFC.

But also TUF viewership was up at a high level as well.

vCash
    The fox card being ppv level really helps. The jump might have something to do with name recognition. Belfort and bisping are very recognizable names. I think the ufc needs to keep at least 2 big names on each free card to help build other fighter names.
    if u like mixed martial arts check out the psd mma forum

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast