Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 89

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    40,212
    vCash
    500

    UFC on Fox 3 ratings fall 200% from previous Fox card

    But no matter how you slice it, the number was very bad. That number would work out to a rating in the 1.2 or 1.3 range, horrible for first-run network programming. With the West Coast, the number could rise. The first show rose about 19% but the second show didn’t rise at all from the original number, so we’re looking at a final number probably between a 1.2 and 1.6.

    While it was the highest rated show on the networks in the 18-49 demo, the competition was rerun programming and it was the least watched show in its time slot of all the networks. It appears to have done worse then previous Strikeforce and Elite XC weak shows on CBS and along the lines of what WWE shows do for their two NBC appearances that are now considered throw aways in the same time slot.
    UFC on FOX 1 – 3.0 A18-49, 5.7M viewers
    UFC on FOX 2 – 2.4 A18-49, 4.66M viewers
    UFC on FOX 3 – 1.0 A18-49, 2.25M viewers

    http://www.mmaconvert.com/2012/05/06...-on-fox-shows/

    It will be real interesting to see how the next event does considering that this event actually delivered some good fights.

    Edit: Pay no attention to the 200% figure the math is off I posted that after reading it in the link and took for granted that it was correct.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    3,618
    vCash
    1500
    I don't live in America, so I don't see the promos,I can only speculate.

    Can we assume, that because of the quality of the fights in the last FOX card, that the viewing numbers will go up?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    710
    vCash
    1500
    With Mayweather Cotto, NBA playoffs and not much advertising its not surprising.

    decrease of 50%
    4 to 2 is 50%
    2 to 4 is 100%

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    40,212
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by marinoman View Post
    With Mayweather Cotto, NBA playoffs and not much advertising its not surprising.

    decrease of 50%
    4 to 2 is 50%
    2 to 4 is 100%
    Yeah the link had 200% in their article and have retracted that since it clearly isn't correct. Right after I had posted the thread was looking at the numbers and realized they were incorrect. But still this is a pretty significant drop in numbers.

    EliteXC was doing better numbers on CBS....

    Kimbo vs Petruzelli - 2.65
    Kimbo vs James Thompson - 3.0
    Robbie Lawler vs Scott Smith - 1.9

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    45,536
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by marinoman View Post
    With Mayweather Cotto, NBA playoffs and not much advertising its not surprising.

    decrease of 50%
    4 to 2 is 50%
    2 to 4 is 100%
    Exactly.

    Plus it was cinco de mayo, many people were out celebrating. Tough to have good ratings on a night like that.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,068
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    Exactly.

    Plus it was cinco de mayo, many people were out celebrating. Tough to have good ratings on a night like that.
    May 5th is a great night for a fight because the Latin draw is HUGE. The downside is the UFC got trumped by Mayweather/Cotto. I consider myself a pretty serious UFC fan and I watched Boxing all night.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    45,536
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TopsyTurvy View Post
    May 5th is a great night for a fight because the Latin draw is HUGE. The downside is the UFC got trumped by Mayweather/Cotto. I consider myself a pretty serious UFC fan and I watched Boxing all night.
    Hmm, I didn't think of the latin draw for Saturday night. I do know that many people chose the Boxing over UFC Saturday - Not me, because I think boxing is uninteresting for the most part. But it seems like everyone was watching Mayweather.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    13,183
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah the NBA was going on and I think NHL too. Plus the Mayweather fight...

    New York Yankees

    Dallas Mavericks

    New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    25,586
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 88 View Post
    Yeah the NBA was going on and I think NHL too. Plus the Mayweather fight...
    There was one NHL game yesterday, and it was at like 12:30 PM EST.

    The biggest thing was of course the Mayweather fight. Add in Nate Diaz and Jim Milelr aren't big names.

    Can someone tell me how the promos were.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    37,245
    vCash
    1000
    UFC is losing a lot of popularity.

    I think there lack of star power is hurting them.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,574
    vCash
    500
    UFC on Fox is going to bomb. They need more marketable fighters like Chael Sonnen, more controversial feuds, and they desperately need more competitive weight divisions. Jone's dominance killed the LHW division which was their bread and butter.

    I know people don't want the sport to have a WWE feel but a fight is a fight and you have to build up the bad blood between the two fighters to sell it.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    40,212
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 88 View Post
    Yeah the NBA was going on and I think NHL too. Plus the Mayweather fight...
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    There was one NHL game yesterday, and it was at like 12:30 PM EST.

    The biggest thing was of course the Mayweather fight. Add in Nate Diaz and Jim Milelr aren't big names.

    Can someone tell me how the promos were.
    Which is something that I have been meaning to bring up. Why do they seemingly insist on going up against the other sports? It seems like every time you have a big boxing or wrestling event the UFC is right there either that week or the previous week. The same with football in the winter they tend to always go up against some big bowl games that time of the year.

    Wouldn't it make more sense to try and put events on the weekends where you have as little competition as possible? Because many of these dates for the boxing, wrestling and football are already set before the UFC comes up with their dates and venues.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    39,153
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Which is something that I have been meaning to bring up. Why do they seemingly insist on going up against the other sports? It seems like every time you have a big boxing or wrestling event the UFC is right there either that week or the previous week. The same with football in the winter they tend to always go up against some big bowl games that time of the year.

    Wouldn't it make more sense to try and put events on the weekends where you have as little competition as possible? Because many of these dates for the boxing, wrestling and football are already set before the UFC comes up with their dates and venues.
    I think a lot of this may have to do with the networks and some other things that are somewhat out of the UFC's hands.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    40,212
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Driven View Post
    I think a lot of this may have to do with the networks and some other things that are somewhat out of the UFC's hands.
    I could certainly see that from the televised events point of view as far as the events on Fox/FX/Fuel. But the ppv events would seemingly be completely up to the UFC.

    It is gonna be real interesting to see how the next event does on Fox. They have more names on paper overall but if the main event is truly Stann vs Lombard that has little appeal to casual fans. I'm sure the majority of UFC fans don't even know who Hector Lombard is in all honesty.

    But if you look the last event on Fox was very poor and that reflected on these ratings. I'm sure many people watched the first two events and really felt they weren't missing out on anything special. This event was actually very good and I'm sure the events will bounce back to reflect that as well. But how much will they bounce back? If they don't then that is a very bad thing....

    They won't admit it but these numbers are much lower than what they expected even this early. They were doing better numbers at this point in their partnership with Spike than they are doing on FX and Spike was in far fewer homes at that time than what FX is right now.

    And you keep hearing them say that the people at Fox are okay with the ratings. It isn't like they are gonna come out and say that they suck. They sure as hell can't be happy about the fact that the ratings for these events on Fox and TUF are going backwards....

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,768
    vCash
    1500
    this was easily the best fox card, if this was the first one the ratings would have carried over to the others, but the first 3 sucked and combine that with boxing match and nba playoffs you get 2.5 which isnt that bad.

    ufc will be fine.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •