Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Nevada commission triples allowed marijuana metabolite levels

Some good news for fans of the Diaz brothers, via Middle Easy:

I received an email from Keith Kizer letting me know that as of yesterday, the NSAC has officially raised the testing threshold of marijuana metabolites from 50 ng/mL to 150 ng/mL. That represents a 300% increase, which means you can have 3x more marijuana metabolites in your system before it's a positive test. something unprecedented in the the industry. From our previous conversation we had a couple weeks ago, Kizer told me to expect this to happen sometime this month, and it seems to be in direct response to the public's outcry of the nonsensical demonization of marijuana in MMA. Now that the threshold has been raised, fighters could literally smoke marijuana roughly up until a week before their fight -- although it's best to stay off the green, leafy stuff at least two weeks prior to a 150 ng/ML test just to err on the side of caution.
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/9/6/...ite-levels-ufc

I don't even smoke weed and I think this is great news. I cannot stand watching fighters get suspended for 6 months and fined for smoking a blunt a few weeks before the fight. Pat Healy's suspension really frustrated me. Nick Diaz being out a year was a joke too, and yes I know, second time. I think it's safe to say you'll see Nick Diaz on a Las Vegas card, but hopefully he's not trying to smoke it a week before his fight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/9/6/...ite-levels-ufc

I don't even smoke weed and I think this is great news. I cannot stand watching fighters get suspended for 6 months and fined for smoking a blunt a few weeks before the fight. Pat Healy's suspension really frustrated me. Nick Diaz being out a year was a joke too, and yes I know, second time. I think it's safe to say you'll see Nick Diaz on a Las Vegas card, but hopefully he's not trying to smoke it a week before his fight.
    Dude, Canada has some great weed, In BC wow!!! Jersey still beat them but northen lights were mighty good from BC
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    Only fair when you got more guys every week getting added to the TRT exception list.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Only fair when you got more guys every week getting added to the TRT exception list.
    Noticing that it's the big guys? More so LHW and HWs.