Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Did the Patriots cheat their way to a Superbowl titles (s)?

Voters
121. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they cheated and their winning record is tainted *

55 45.45%
  • No, they won on an even field of play. *

66 54.55%
Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I personally believe that SPY GATE was not such a big deal. If its illegal, okay than the punishment was handed and the act has stopped. Yet they still went to the Bowl 2 times since.

I just believe that Spying like that should not be illegal. It should be in the responsibility of a pro franchise to "cover your own sheet of paper in a test". Meaning do not allow such easy access into or around your facilities. Your a billion dollar organization in AMERICAN FOOTBALL. Its war. Sure it may not be the MOST noble thing to do, but in war you find ways to get an advantage. And if all you have to do is pay a guy to go over to training camps and take footage, then so be it. I cant believe teams have such easy access into their camps or practices.

But o well, either way. Its about winning the game. And they won 3. I dont see it being tainted, I am sure the pats are not the only teams to have done this.

One thing I do find past the boundaries of legal and illegal is what the Saints were claimed to do. Bugging the opponents rooms. All rooms that are for your opponents stay should be clean and without contact from the home team. Only because thats really not fair, other teams have to use the locker rooms and the coaches rooms for the game and to put microphone and cameras into it is sleezy and should be illegal.

Bounty is another thing thats immoral. Football like most contact sports is already a physical game. The point of the game is to stop the ball from moving the chains. It should be and does not need help with players going after another player. Intent to injure should be taken seriously.

So thats how I feel, in conclusion. I think the championships are not tainted, and pretty impressive to see them stop that act and still make it to two finals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Because the Commish who represents all teams saw no use in it.

Nice try.

You are really good at judging what others would or should do. You have no basis to know what Pats fans feel or think.
    Except the fact that we have 330+ posts, mostly of Pats fans defending why cheating is OK. Keep drinking the kool aid my friend. You're perpetuating and falling into the very definition of what I wrote.

vCash
    Pats have the best record (reg season + playoffs) in the NFL under BB both before and after "spygate". Enough said.

Giants won the first SB because they worked out (or stole if you prefer) the OL line calls of the Pats and had the luckiest SB catch ever.

Giants won the last one because Brady who was 20 of 24 was hurt, the #1 target could barely walk, and Welker dropped the ball.

hardly slaughters.
    If this Welker fellow is so talentless, they should cut him, eh?

But yeah we get it. All the teams in the league are just lucky when they beat the Pats.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mlisica19 View Post
    I just believe that Spying like that should not be illegal. It should be in the responsibility of a pro franchise to "cover your own sheet of paper in a test". Meaning do not allow such easy access into or around your facilities. Your a billion dollar organization in AMERICAN FOOTBALL. Its war. Sure it may not be the MOST noble thing to do, but in war you find ways to get an advantage. And if all you have to do is pay a guy to go over to training camps and take footage, then so be it. I cant believe teams have such easy access into their camps or practices.
    I kind of agree with this, but then we'd end up will BB in a helicopter trying to fly over random football fields all over the country.

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxy312 View Post
    Except the fact that we have 330+ posts, mostly of Pats fans defending why cheating is OK. Keep drinking the kool aid my friend. You're perpetuating and falling into the very definition of what I wrote.
    Read it this way: You don't know why Pats fans do what they do, all you can do is assign your best guess. Doesn't make your comments valid.

Who can explain why you are Bills fan? Born in Falconer perhaps? Faithful fan that doesn't care that Jim "white powder" Kelly's teams were a long time ago now? Or OJ is even deeper in the mists of time, or Kemp who I saw QB a long time ago.... I don't know, and I don't care.

Pats infraction was dealt with, like the Broncos. The infraction wasn't an infraction in 2001-2004, and several of the Coaches that opposed BB at that time said the outcome wasn't changed. So, good enough for them, but not good enough for trolls?

Big money tempts a lot of people to bend/break rules. Pretty simple logic. If your life as a fan in enhanced because you can take pot shots at the immovable object in the AFC East known as the Patriots, and it will make you feel less bad about your team, then I think we know all we need to know.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 05-07-2012 at 11:58 AM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    I dont think spygate is the reason the Patriots won their rings.

However, I will ask fellow New Englanders this question.

Why would the Patriots break the rules if they did not feel it gave them a competitive advantage?
    This is a plea to all logical posters to please make all homers feel dumb on a daily basis until they return to their team forum where they bleong.

vCash
    Read it this way: You don't why Pats fans do what they do, all you can do is assign your best guess. Doesn't make your comments valid.

Who can explain why you are Bills fan? Born in Falconer perhaps? Faithful fan that doesn't care that Jim "white powder" Kelly's teams were a long time ago now? Or OJ is even deeper in the mists of time, or Kemp who I saw QB a long time ago.... I don't know, and I don't care.

Pats infraction was dealt with, like the Broncos. The infraction wasn't an infraction in 2001-2004, and several of the Coaches that opposed BB at that time said the outcome wasn't changed. So, good enough for them, but not good enough for trolls?

Big money tempts a lot of people to bend/break rules. Pretty simple logic. If your life as a fan in enhanced because you can take pot shots at the immovable object in the AFC East known as the Patriots, and it will make you feel less bad about your team, then I think we know all we need to know.
    I stopped with "you don't why Pats fans". Can you write in English?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    If this Welker fellow is so talentless, they should cut him, eh?

But yeah we get it. All the teams in the league are just lucky when they beat the Pats.
    No.. The Pats were in two SB's and came close to winning both, but they lost. Some trolls seem to think the Pats need to win a SB to prove they are not dirty - which makes 0 sense. I was addressing those lost souls. Different rosters, different results - but 5 appearances in 10 years in the SB - in the age of FA - something nobody else has come near doing (Cowboys team assembled pre FA).

As for Welker don't be surprised if he holds out and gets dealt. Part of the reason the Pats are loaded up on slot guys is to be able to resist the idiotic salary demands of his agent - said to be $12M x 5 years. I'd give him $8M x 3 years most of it guaranteed. That's it. Nobody is irreplaceable in NE.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcav701 View Post
    I dont think spygate is the reason the Patriots won their rings.

However, I will ask fellow New Englanders this question.

Why would the Patriots break the rules if they did not feel it gave them a competitive advantage?
    This is it in a nutshell. All the explanation as to why cheating is OK doesn't explain this very simple point. You don't break the rules unless you feel it gives you an advantage. They did break the rules. Whether you can come up with some lame explanation as to why you as an individual think it doesn't matter, it doesn't explain this point at all.

vCash
    I stopped with "you don't why Pats fans". Can you write in English?
    Sorry. Sometimes I invert words because of all the strokes I've had. Thanks for being kind enough to point it out.

vCash
    Sorry. Sometimes I invert words because of all the strokes I've had. Thanks for being kind enough to point it out.
    Here to help.

vCash
    This is it in a nutshell. All the explanation as to why cheating is OK doesn't explain this very simple point. You don't break the rules unless you feel it gives you an advantage. They did break the rules. Whether you can come up with some lame explanation as to why you as an individual think it doesn't matter, it doesn't explain this point at all.
    But the point is: when the Pats won the 3 SB's it wasn't against the rules, and according to Jimmy Johnson and others everyone did it.

Explain that away.

vCash
    Here to help.

Thanks, being disabled I need the kindness of strangers sometimes.

BTW, wouldn't that be "Here too help"? I figure you are the expert. By the way I added the missing word to the post, it's quite a difficult post for your to answer so I assume you will hide behind some snarky comment.

vCash
    But the point is: when the Pats won the 3 SB's it wasn't against the rules, and according to Jimmy Johnson and others everyone did it.

Explain that away.
    A memo was put out to 32 owners/teams because everyone was doing it.

A single team was caught AFTER the memo was put out. The fact teams were doing it before the memo is irrelevant.
    This is a plea to all logical posters to please make all homers feel dumb on a daily basis until they return to their team forum where they bleong.

vCash
    When all is said and done, we will never know if there was an advantage or not. Why was the evidence destroyed and not shared? We'll hear an excuse from the front office, but what was done can't suddenly become undone. We fans can make whatever lame arguments that we want as to why it did or did not matter. We can make excuses as to why it's OK (i.e. there's worse transgressions, everyone's doing it, etc.), but they don't hold up to any level of scrutiny. It's like trying to make the argument that it's OK to rob someone because there's others out there that kill.

What I really don't get is why Pats fans care so much about this issue and get so charged up to try and defend the position that it's OK and had no bearing on the past. I think if it were my team that I would just say that Goodell and the league handled the whole situation poorly by destroying evidence and that there is no definitive way to know the truth. As long as there's a Patriots fan trying to make an excuse, there will be a fan of one of the other 31 teams there to tell you that cheating is wrong in any context.
    You post is every spygate thread but you hate the Pats? Why do you care so much about the issue.

I'll tell you why pats fans defend there team: because spygate was one of the most overblown storys to ever come out of football. ESPN had a week long feild day for that crap. Now we have to read the stupid *** crap that people post on PSD 5 years later.

To suggest the SB's are tainted is a Patriot haters pipe dream.

When all is said and done, we will never know if there was an advantage or not.
    When all is said and done we will never know how many teams broke rules over the years and won games.

You could play cap evasion as cheating... Redskins and Cowboys seasons are tainted... we aren't gonna see thread on that 5 years from now....

Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast