Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 93 of 95 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1415

Thread: Draft thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    some think he doesn't really gel with Hitch. From what i've read from St.Louis forums and bloggers they think that Stewart looked more like a "spare part" in his system. Thats a really good defensive team and (though i've never seen him play) i read that he's not that great a forechecker and defensively responsible. I think a guy like kulemin would interest them but Stewart > Kulemin IMO. hopefully another "hockey trade" can be worked out.
    If you've never seen him play how's he better than Kulemin?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by halladaymvp View Post
    If you've never seen him play how's he better than Kulemin?
    Well that IMO isn't really IMO so i shouldn't have put that. But on HF boards and Spectorshockey most people seem to value Stewart over Kulemin.

vCash
    Well that IMO isn't really IMO so i shouldn't have put that. But on HF boards and Spectorshockey most people seem to value Stewart over Kulemin.
    A year ago these opinions would be much different. A year ago Kulemin was an elite,young power/two-way forward comparable to Stewart. This is possibly the worst time to deal him. His value couldn't be lower.

vCash
    ^ Diddn't we own Stewarts rights once but he wouldn't sign here?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T.O. Fan View Post
    Agreed.

Anyone know why the Blues would be even remotely interested in trading him?
    He hit quite a cold spell last year and his name came up around the deadline so it's not that surprising to hear his name come up again. I haven't watched too many Blues games, but if he lacks a defensive game, i'm sure Hitch is not a big fan give his style of coaching. Again, I'd love to have Stewart on the squad.

vCash
    We don't need Stewart. IMO we really only need a top C and a goaltender to perform and we're a playoff team.

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lobster View Post
    ^ Diddn't we own Stewarts rights once but he wouldn't sign here?
    No. The only Stewart I recall is the one we got in the Kubina deal and he was let go or something. He was a minor leaguer.

vCash
    "Had he not been hurt, he probably would have challenged [Sarnia Sting right wing Nail Yakupov] for the No. 1 ranking," Central Scouting's Peter Sullivan said of Rielly. "He's got that [Bobby] Orr-ish quality about him. He can change the game in all areas of the ice, so I'm not surprised he stayed at No. 5 simply because of how good this kid is."

http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=634023

vCash
    Oh **** so we got the next bobby orr..im ok then haha

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    "Had he not been hurt, he probably would have challenged [Sarnia Sting right wing Nail Yakupov] for the No. 1 ranking," Central Scouting's Peter Sullivan said of Rielly. "He's got that [Bobby] Orr-ish quality about him. He can change the game in all areas of the ice, so I'm not surprised he stayed at No. 5 simply because of how good this kid is."

Same thing was said of Gachenyuk...he would have went number 1 if he wasn't hurt too

vCash
    Your such a sting homer lavy haha....but was orr mentioned in the same sentence...

vCash
    A year ago these opinions would be much different. A year ago Kulemin was an elite,young power/two-way forward comparable to Stewart. This is possibly the worst time to deal him. His value couldn't be lower.
    A year ago, Chris Stewart was a 2 time 28 goal scorer coming off 64 and 53 point seasons and a budding power forward. If anything, they are in EXACTLY the same group and have very, VERY similar value. Kulemin is probably a more complete player but Stewart is without a doubt in my mind a better offensive player. 28 and 36 in 77 games with the Avs 3 years ago is outstanding and his 28 and 25 in only 62 games is even better 2 years ago is even better. Never really got it going last year but still finished with 15 and 15 while really not getting very many minutes in St. Louis.

If Chris Stewart is available, I'd hope the Leafs pounce on him. He didn't fit at all under Hitch in St. Louis but he's big, physical, and a very high potential young power forward. If the Leafs could bring in Stewart, keep Kulemin, and add them to JVR and Kessel, we'd be dangerous on the wings. And I think that's a look that Burkey would like. 3 power forward types and the star in Kessel. Plus, Stewart is a Toronto boy so he gets Don Cherry off his back lol.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    Same thing was said of Gachenyuk...he would have went number 1 if he wasn't hurt too
    When 2 guys who missed almost the entire season go in the top 5, 3 in the top 10 (Koekkoek), and multiple others in the top 10 battled injuries and were STILL top 10 picks, you know its a weak draft.

It doesn't really matter where either of these guys would have gone had they been healthy because they weren't. And on top of that, neither would have even been a top 10 pick in last years draft. I'm not sure how many guys you'd find if you went back who were top 5 picks after missing an entire season but it won't be many. And sure it says something to the talent of Gally and Rielly but it also says something to the lack of other talent available.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by McJoe View Post
    A year ago, Chris Stewart was a 2 time 28 goal scorer coming off 64 and 53 point seasons and a budding power forward. If anything, they are in EXACTLY the same group and have very, VERY similar value. Kulemin is probably a more complete player but Stewart is without a doubt in my mind a better offensive player. 28 and 36 in 77 games with the Avs 3 years ago is outstanding and his 28 and 25 in only 62 games is even better 2 years ago is even better. Never really got it going last year but still finished with 15 and 15 while really not getting very many minutes in St. Louis.

If Chris Stewart is available, I'd hope the Leafs pounce on him. He didn't fit at all under Hitch in St. Louis but he's big, physical, and a very high potential young power forward. If the Leafs could bring in Stewart, keep Kulemin, and add them to JVR and Kessel, we'd be dangerous on the wings. And I think that's a look that Burkey would like. 3 power forward types and the star in Kessel. Plus, Stewart is a Toronto boy so he gets Don Cherry off his back lol.
    Oh, I like Stewart myself and like I said, he's comparable to Kulemin. He's got nice potential but like you, I wanna hold onto Kulemin. Continue adding size. If the Blues wanna deal him while his value is low then thats fine with me.

vCash
    Oh, I like Stewart myself and like I said, he's comparable to Kulemin. He's got nice potential but like you, I wanna hold onto Kulemin. Continue adding size. If the Blues wanna deal him while his value is low then thats fine with me.
    While I would probably deal Kulemin straight up for him and turn it into a change of scenery "hockey trade". Stewart is better IMO and would give us 2 dirty lines IMO. Grabovski is a little guy and a puck possession guy, putting him between 2 giants who hit hard like JVR and Stewart...doesn't get much better. I'd deal Kulemin for him.

I'd trade my best to get him for pretty well anything else but I'd deal Kulemin for him straight up too. Otherwise I agree with you. I would really like to hold on to Kulemin but if that's what it would cost, I'd still do it.