Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 95 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    I think Schenn and the #5 pick would be enough to move up to the 2nd pick...Columbus gets a young defenceman that needs a change of scenery and they still get the 5th pick.
    I wouldn't move schenn, just to move up in the draft. If we're trading up, let's move picks and/or low-mid prospects.
    If I'm moving schenn, it'd be in a package for bobby Lou or Rick Nash.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    I wouldn't move Schenn either. I just think his stock is high enough that it would give the Leafs the ability to move up if desired. I'm interested to see how Schenn plays under Carlyle. Hopefully he can stay out of the house and turn things around

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gup View Post
    I wouldn't move schenn, just to move up in the draft. If we're trading up, let's move picks and/or low-mid prospects.
    If I'm moving schenn, it'd be in a package for bobby Lou or Rick Nash.
    Nash could work out too. I was ready an article that said Burke is going to go hard after Nash.

Toronto Gyarados.
    NHL Pokemon logo's for the win.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by halladaymvp View Post
    The way I see things, there's no question Yak goes first, no doubt about it. After that, complete crapshoot. No way Columbus takes a Russian so it's Forsberg or Murray for them. They may deal Nash so I wouldn't be shocked if they wanted a new poster boy, Forsberg maybe? This draft for us really comes down to what Columbus does, they control the Leafs fate. I'll be pretty damn happy if they took Forsberg leaving one of Gal,Grigo or Murray to us. Again though, really depends on the Jackets. They're really a wild card here because we know their history with Russians/Soviet born players.
    The reason they are a wild card is because we know their history I think. I don't think you can really use history on the Jackets because the current GM didn't make any of the picks that are being mentioned (Filatov, Voracek, Zherdev) and in fact, dealt 2 of them away. I don't think they'll be super afraid to take a Russian.

I think they'll take Forsberg too but I don't think they'll be afraid to take a Russian. At the same time, Galchenyuk isn't REALLY Russian...born in Milwaukee, played junior in Chicago and Sarnia, will play for US in world tournaments. He isn't a REAL Russian, arguably is only Russian in last name.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    Nash could work out too. I was ready an article that said Burke is going to go hard after Nash.
    Do you have a link to read it? just curious as to what it said
    Hockey- Toronto Maple Leafs
    Basketball- Toronto Raptors
    Baseball- Toronto Blue Jays
    Football - Philadelphia Eagles & San Diego Chargers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goalie31 View Post
    I've also read this on a few websites. Doug McClain also said on sportsnet he heard Burke will go hard after Nash.
    Obviously Burke has to make the playoffs next year if he wants to keep his job. I can see Burke making quite a few trades.
    Bobby Lou
    Nash
    Justin Schultz
    Just to name a few obvious choices.

vCash
    I doubt schultz is in the nhl next yr...isnt about 165 lbs....and rumor is he wants to play vancouver i think

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    ^ he's 6'1 and 185 pounds...could probably use an extra 10-15 pounds to play the next level

vCash
    I swear last yr when burke got gardiner he was listed way less then that

vCash
    http://ducks.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8474602

Says he is 163 on this page...funny didnt know he was from the city i live in haha weird...i think he played for the westside worriors at one point

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by McJoe View Post
    The reason they are a wild card is because we know their history I think. I don't think you can really use history on the Jackets because the current GM didn't make any of the picks that are being mentioned (Filatov, Voracek, Zherdev) and in fact, dealt 2 of them away. I don't think they'll be super afraid to take a Russian.

I think they'll take Forsberg too but I don't think they'll be afraid to take a Russian. At the same time, Galchenyuk isn't REALLY Russian...born in Milwaukee, played junior in Chicago and Sarnia, will play for US in world tournaments. He isn't a REAL Russian, arguably is only Russian in last name.
    I just think it would be hard to sell Jackets fans on a Russian right now given the history. Grigorenko especially, he's been known to be a bit of a slacker although if he made it to the fifth pick you draft him a heartbeat. Gal is a strange case, he's American but IIRC he's lived in Belarus for a while? maybe someone could clarify but I thought he was considered a Russian(Belorussian)?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ktownguy31 View Post
    I swear last yr when burke got gardiner he was listed way less then that
    Height and weight with players can be tricky, I'm sure some sites will say Kadri is still 160 lbs or whatever he was listed as before. I remember when Tie Domi was listed as 5'10 or 5'11 or something. I take it with a grain of salt.

vCash
    I'm all for seeing some major trades. The Leafs need more top-teir players if they can get them and it will make room for some Marlies that definitely deserve a shot at making the big club.

If they could just get:
    - Luongo
    - Nash
    - Draft Gally
    - Sign Moen
    - Sign Stoll

That alone would be a great off-season IMO and is not overly unrealistic. It still leaves a hole at top line centre, but it doesn't look like there are any really available.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gup View Post
    I've also read this on a few websites. Doug McClain also said on sportsnet he heard Burke will go hard after Nash.
    Obviously Burke has to make the playoffs next year if he wants to keep his job. I can see Burke making quite a few trades.
    Bobby Lou
    Nash
    Justin Schultz
    Just to name a few obvious choices.
    Yeah agreed. I think Luongo and Nash are the biggest options. That's a lot of cap though, so Burke has to figure out a way to shed some.

But yeah I read the same thing... hard after Nash and it makes sense because he has to keep his job by getting a decent ammount of better players, and HBO 24/7 is here next year, that has big implications believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by Goalie31 View Post
    I'll try and find it now and send it.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    Because it's hard to say what Burke is going to do, I believe he will make a move that will surprise everyone. Look at the teams eliminated from the playoffs.. that may look to make a few trades.

Vancouver, St. Louis, San Jose, Pittsburgh, and Boston.

All elite teams that may look to move one or two players as a shake up. The more likely trading partners would be San Jose I would think, St. Louis maybe.

A Chris Stewart comes to mind, Joe Pavelski from SJ.

Also, don't count out JVR from Philly. Those talks could heat up again. If NJD knocks them out, Holmgren may look for another d-man and that could be Schenn.

I think I would want this.

1. Nash
    2. Goalie. Luongo, Halak or Kiprusoff
    3. Pavelski
    4. Moen
    5. Draft Gally or Grigs at 5.

I know this is probably impossible now, but Dustin Brown would be beauty.

Toronto Gyarados.

Blue Jays,

Page 5 of 95 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast